Windows 10: Unable to locate other partitions in File Explorer.

Discus and support Unable to locate other partitions in File Explorer. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Why I don't see the local disk D or E on my Surface laptop with Windows 10 S ***Title modified from: Local disk D***... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NgHang, Nov 14, 2018.

1. NgHang Win User

Unable to locate other partitions in File Explorer.

Why I don't see the local disk D or E on my Surface laptop with Windows 10 S

***Title modified from: Local disk D***

:)

NgHang, Nov 14, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

DISM unable to locate Install.wim file

Nothing wrong with using install.esd

@EasyGoingPat
    FYI, install.esd or install.wim both result the extraction of the component store files to temp folder (%USERPROFILE%\Appdata\local\temp) then use them to repair.

1. Copy install.esd to your Desktop
    2. From Admin command, run: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
    3. then run: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:ESD:%USERPROFILE%\install.esd:1 /LimitAccess
    For Step 2 & 3. Just copy and paste the command to make sure the syntax is correct. See screen shot:
    NOTE: Step 2 in the screen shot will be different from yours since I have no corruption.

Unable to locate other partitions in File Explorer. [​IMG]

topgundcp, Nov 14, 2018
  3. File Explorer default veiw setting Win 10 Pro

Hi Bob,

You can change the default settings of your File Explorer view. If you would like to sort it by Date, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Go to Start, type File Explorer.
    • Select View located at the top of the address bar.
    • Locate Sort by.
    • Select Date.
    • Choose between Ascending and Descending.
    • Close the File Explorer and check back if the changes applied.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Ronalene Mat, Nov 14, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

File Explorer

What I saw from the Disk Management, You did not do a clean install, you probably did an in place upgrade. The 100MB System Reserved is normally used in Window 7. For a fresh install the Disk partition scheme should be as follows:
    1. 500 MB System Reserved partition
    2. C- Drive.
    Since you did not have to many apps installed, I would re-install Windows 10 as suggested above. It is better to have your Windows installed on the first sata port (Disk 0) so I suggest to open the case and connect the cable from disk 0 to disk 2 where you have C: drive. Disconnect the other cables for now and do the steps below:
    1. Boot up with Windows installation media
    2. On the first screen. Press SHIFT + F10 and type
      diskpart
      select disk 0
      clean
      exit
      exit
    3. Continue with Installation, select the unallocated partition then click Next (Do not create partition/format. Let Windows create the needed partitions.
    4. Once done, reconnect the other cables for drive D and E.
    5. Reboot, your Disk 0 should contain 500MB system reserved and C drive.

topgundcp, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to locate other partitions in File Explorer. - Similar Threads - Unable locate partitions

2. unable to locate my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to locate my files: my folder are there all of them but my files are all gone. I am so dead https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-locate-my-files/643a9a6c-f447-48ca-9c76-f5b83615d141
  3. unable to locate my files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to locate my files: my folder are there all of them but my files are all gone. I am so dead https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-locate-my-files/643a9a6c-f447-48ca-9c76-f5b83615d141
  4. File Explorer Locations missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Locations missing: I have a small network of computers some are VMs on a wholly private LAN.Some of these PCs when you open file explorer in the network section show some of the other PCs.Some of them do not. I want to be able to open the shared folders from any of these PCs.Why do they all not...
  5. File Explorer Locations missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Locations missing: I have a small network of computers some are VMs on a wholly private LAN.Some of these PCs when you open file explorer in the network section show some of the other PCs.Some of them do not. I want to be able to open the shared folders from any of these PCs.Why do they all not...
  6. File Explorer Locations missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. unable to locate minidump files

unable to locate minidump files: i went to check my minidump files for no particular reason i just wanted to see them because of lots of bsod i went to C:\Windows\Minidump but instead windows couldnt find it why this where find it...
  8. Unable to remove deleted location from File Explorer

Unable to remove deleted location from File Explorer: Hi All, I used to have a software called Kiteworks installed on my machine. The app was terrible and didn't work for me so I uninstalled it. Unfortunately I'm still stuck with the location in file explorer which I can't remove please see screenshot. Any idea how I can get...
  9. unable to locate files on pc

unable to locate files on pc: Suddenly today I am unable to open any saved files on my PC. I get a notification saying windows is unable to locate them with their full file name. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-locate-files-on-pc/e05c2520-d09c-42ca-ad16-349bc7d7dc3e
  10. Recent Files/Locations in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recent Files/Locations in File Explorer: Hi guys, I am not sure who made the decision at Microsoft to remove the recent file/locations from file explorer in Windows 10 but it was a terrible idea. I have searched how to apply this but I can't seem to get it to work, including the link below. I work for a large...