Windows 10: Unable to locate ubuntu folders from windows subsystem

Discus and support Unable to locate ubuntu folders from windows subsystem in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/daffodils123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i4gj4h/unable_to_locate_ubuntu_folders_from_windows/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/daffodils123, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Unable to locate ubuntu folders from windows subsystem

/u/daffodils123, Aug 5, 2020

2. Windows 10 subsystem for Linux, Ubuntu

Can Ubuntu or Linux be run on Windows 10 subsystem in full mode such as running Hadoop, Hive, Java in Ubuntu subsystem of Windows 10? Or just the basic bash, sudo commands only?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers

Anmol_Kumar, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Nicrite Win User
    Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Unable to locate ubuntu folders from windows subsystem

Ubuntu terminal not displaying git messages correctly

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the output for Ubuntu terminal is not showing properly for GIT commands.

I suggest you to try re-enabling Windows Subsystem for Linux and then uninstalling and re-installing Ubuntu from Microsoft Store. Follow the steps to disable Windows Subsystem for Linux and uninstall Ubuntu.

Disable Windows Subsystem for Linux:

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for Run.
    2. In Run dialog box, type
      appwiz.cpl
      and hit enter.
    3. Now on the left hand pane click on
      Turn Windows features on or off.
    4. Now on the Windows feature window scroll down and uncheck the box next to
      Windows Subsystem for Linux.
    5. Click on OK and Restart the PC.

Uninstall the Ubuntu app:

1. Go to Settings >
      Apps > Apps & features.
    2. Now search for Ubuntu app.
    3. Click on the app and click on
      Uninstall
    4. Follow the onscreen instructions.

To enable the Windows Subsystem for Linux you can refer the article

Windows Subsystem for Linux Installation Guide for Windows 10

If the issue persists, I suggest you to post your query on

TechNet forums
    as they have dedicated support for issues related to Windows Subsystem for Linux.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Unable to locate ubuntu folders from windows subsystem

1. Unable to locate ubuntu folders from windows subsystem - Similar Threads - Unable locate ubuntu

2. windows subsystem for linux windows 10 - Unable to start Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows subsystem for linux windows 10 - Unable to start Ubuntu: Hello,I have been trying to install WSL and Ubuntu on my Windows laptop. My laptop is running on Win 10 Home with OS build 19045.2486.As I follow the instruction from: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/installI open the Windows Command Prompt in administrator mode...
  3. windows subsystem for linux windows 10 - Unable to start Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows subsystem for linux windows 10 - Unable to start Ubuntu: Hello,I have been trying to install WSL and Ubuntu on my Windows laptop. My laptop is running on Win 10 Home with OS build 19045.2486.As I follow the instruction from: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/installI open the Windows Command Prompt in administrator mode...
  4. windows subsystem for linux windows 10 - Unable to start Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. WSL2 CUDA driver detected on Windows but not on Ubuntu subsystem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL2 CUDA driver detected on Windows but not on Ubuntu subsystem: Hi, all!I have enabled all Hyper-V features, Virtualization, and Linux subsystem on Windows feature. And installed Ubuntu 20.04 from Windows Store.In Windows Shell, when I type:C:\Users\*****>nvidia-smiIt gives the output:Sun Feb 20 22:29:03 2022...
  6. WSL2 CUDA driver detected on Windows but not on Ubuntu subsystem

WSL2 CUDA driver detected on Windows but not on Ubuntu subsystem: Hi, all!I have enabled all Hyper-V features, Virtualization, and Linux subsystem on Windows feature. And installed Ubuntu 20.04 from Windows Store.In Windows Shell, when I type:C:\Users\*****>nvidia-smiIt gives the output:Sun Feb 20 22:29:03 2022...
  7. WSL2 CUDA driver detected on Windows but not on Ubuntu subsystem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Ubuntu Subsystem takes forever to boot

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Ubuntu Subsystem takes forever to boot: I recently installed the Windows System for Linux and the distro that I choose was Ubuntu. Though after when I tried to log on to Ubuntu after I woke up, it just was stuck in booting and didn't actually load for like 10-15 minutes. I'm not sure what the problem is and this is...
  9. Install the Windows Subsystem for Linux (ubuntu) to windows 10

Install the Windows Subsystem for Linux (ubuntu) to windows 10: I am installing a bash Linux distros (WSL) to a Lab of 100 pcs with windows 10. I have already installed the first 2 components:-Windows Subsystem for Linux (Beta) in the Windows Features and activated the Developer modeAt that point i should type “Bash” at the command...
  10. Install the Windows Subsystem for Linux (ubuntu) to windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Install the Windows Subsystem for Linux (ubuntu) to windows 10: I am installing a bash Linux distros (WSL) to a Lab of 100 pcs with windows 10. I have already installed the first 2 components:-Windows Subsystem for Linux (Beta) in the Windows Features and activated the Developer modeAt that point i should type “Bash” at the command...