Windows 10: Unable to locate Windows 10 ISO file

Discus and support Unable to locate Windows 10 ISO file in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi guys,So I downloaded windows 10 iso file for flash USB drive last night using windows media creation tool. When it was about 90 Percent I slept off.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BenAkum, Aug 26, 2021.

1. BenAkum Win User

Unable to locate Windows 10 ISO file

Hi guys,So I downloaded windows 10 iso file for flash USB drive last night using windows media creation tool. When it was about 90 Percent I slept off. This morning the file isn't in my downloaded folder but I see that 8 GB has been used on my C Drive. Can you tell me where is the iSO file located on my pc? Thanks.

:)

BenAkum, Aug 26, 2021
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

wont boot into ISO file?

hm I used nero and put the iso on there like anything else
    ill try your suggestions with the .nrg file I no longer have the .iso (threw away)
    i was just curious

3. topgundcp Win User
    DISM unable to locate Install.wim file

Nothing wrong with using install.esd

@EasyGoingPat
    FYI, install.esd or install.wim both result the extraction of the component store files to temp folder (%USERPROFILE%\Appdata\local\temp) then use them to repair.

1. Copy install.esd to your Desktop
    2. From Admin command, run: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
    3. then run: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:ESD:%USERPROFILE%\install.esd:1 /LimitAccess
    For Step 2 & 3. Just copy and paste the command to make sure the syntax is correct. See screen shot:
    NOTE: Step 2 in the screen shot will be different from yours since I have no corruption.

Unable to locate Windows 10 ISO file [​IMG]

topgundcp, Aug 26, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Unable to locate Windows 10 ISO file - Similar Threads - Unable locate ISO

2. Unable to download Windows 8.1 ISO file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download Windows 8.1 ISO file: I tried downloading a windows 8.1 ISO file on my computer to improve its performance in comparison with windows 7. However, whatever language-region I select, it shows an error message telling me that "certain users, entities or regions are restricted to not using the...
  3. Unable to download Windows 8.1 ISO file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to download Windows 8.1 ISO file: I tried downloading a windows 8.1 ISO file on my computer to improve its performance in comparison with windows 7. However, whatever language-region I select, it shows an error message telling me that "certain users, entities or regions are restricted to not using the...
  4. Unable to download Window 11 ISO File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download Window 11 ISO File: Hi. I was trying to download Window 11 ISO file; however, there was an error code saying that it was unable to complete the request which some users, entities and location are banned from using this service. I am wondering if there was any misunderstanding and why am I banned...
  5. unable to locate my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to locate my files: my folder are there all of them but my files are all gone. I am so dead https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-locate-my-files/643a9a6c-f447-48ca-9c76-f5b83615d141
  6. Windows 10 search unable to locate files in folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 search unable to locate files in folder: When searching for a specific image in my downloads folder using the Search bar the image does not show up. As there are so many files in my folder it is normally much quicker for me to just type in the image name rather than scrolling through the file. But even when I search...
  7. Unable to Mount ISO file in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Unable to Mount ISO file in Windows Explorer: Please note : I am able to open the ISO with other programs (Winrar, 7zip, etc) I am desperate, looking for help. I have scoured the web far and wide and cannot find a solution to my issue and I refuse to believe that reformatting my PC is the only way to fix this issue....
  8. Unable to Mount ISO file in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Mount ISO file in Windows Explorer: Please note : I am able to open the ISO with other programs (Winrar, 7zip, etc) I am desperate, looking for help. I have scoured the web far and wide and cannot find a solution to my issue and I refuse to believe that reformatting my PC is the only way to fix this issue....
  9. Unable to download win 10 iso file.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to download win 10 iso file.: [ATTACH] Hey guys I encountered an error while I attempt to download win 10 iso file from my I pad pro. please help me getting out of it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-download-win-10-iso-file/d770a3d7-817b-4802-bbac-1ed5e374b2c9
  10. Unable to create Windows 10 bootable ISO file.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to create Windows 10 bootable ISO file.: I am aiming to re-install Windows 10 on my laptop, as it has become grindingly slow. The laptop started out with a factory installed version of Win 7 and I then upgraded to Win 10 when you could do it for free. Now when I go to create a bootable ISO on a 16GB memory stick...