Windows 10: Unable to located files that were created under temporary profile

Discus and support Unable to located files that were created under temporary profile in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I didn't realize that I was under the temporary profile and added folders and files onto the desktop. After realizing I was under the temporary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Msherman_2, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Unable to located files that were created under temporary profile

I didn't realize that I was under the temporary profile and added folders and files onto the desktop.

After realizing I was under the temporary profile I did a system reboot. However, all the files and folders that I added under the temporary profile are no longer on my normal profile.

Please help

:)

Msherman_2, Feb 11, 2019
  2. dgootee Win User

Try to login into my profile but am redirected to temporary profile.

In simple terms and step by step how to have my profile not be redirected to a temporary profile. Answers I have seen are too technical. Cannot figure out where to start on my computer to create a new user account as posts suggest. This started the
    day I updated to Windows 10.

dgootee, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Temporary profile - unable to create new user profile

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community forum.

I understand your concern, we will assist you with this.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to activate/enable the account.

1. Open Run Command (Windows button + R) from the account that you are able to access.

2. In the dialog box type, lusrmgr.msc

3. This will open a window, click on "Users"
    from the left navigation pane.

4. Spot and click on the user account name that you have disable and then select "Properties"

5. Then click on the uncheck box "Account is Disabled".

6. Click on "Apply" and then
    "OK".

Step 1: After enabling Built-in admin, Run SFC scan.

Perform System File Checker (sfc) scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Step 2:

After that, Please perform Microsoft Safety Scanner to scan your computer for infections.

I suggest you to login to safe mode with networking and perform Microsoft Safety scanner to remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software.

To enter into Safe Mode in Windows 10, follow the steps given below.

• Restart your PC.
    • Press Shift + F8 before the Windows logo appears.
    • Click See Advanced Repair Options.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced Options.
    • Click Windows Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.
    • You then see a list where you can choose Safe Mode or
      Safe Mode with Networking
      (depending on whether you think you’ll need the Internet).

Refer the link below to download the Microsoft Safety scanner

http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0

Note: The Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days after being downloaded. To rerun a scan with the latest anti-malware definitions, download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner again.

Anti-Virus Disclaimer:

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential
    for data loss.

Method 2:
    From Built in administrator account create a new user account and transfer the profile data.

To create a new user account, follow the steps and check:

1. Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select Control Panel.

2. Select System and Security and then System.

3. Click Advanced System Settings.

4. Under User Profiles, click Settings.

5. Select the profile you want to copy.

6. Click Copy to, and then enter the name of, or browse to, the profile you want to overwrite. This will usually be in C:\Users\username, where username is the name of the profile to which you are copying.

7. Click Permitted to use, and then add all user accounts to which you want to give full profile control.

8. Click OK.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Feb 11, 2019
  4. neilpzz Win User

Unable to located files that were created under temporary profile

Lost files in temporary profile

If a Temp user isn't where I suggested then the temp profile isn't present. There could be temporary files in other temp folders though. c:\windows\temp (for example) but if you have used disk cleanup then I would have expected those to have been removed
    already. Have you emptied your recycle bin.

When running disk cleanup then after the first pass scan select system files and look down the list when the scan is complete.

neilpzz, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Unable to located files that were created under temporary profile

1. Unable to located files that were created under temporary profile - Similar Threads - Unable located files

2. Windows creates a temporary profile, and creates separate username

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows creates a temporary profile, and creates separate username: I replaced one of my storage drives with an SSD, and when I logged into my PC, I was given the "temporary account" error. I tried fixing it with the Registry Editor, but it always makes a entirely new user folder. If I try to access my original user folder, I am given a "You...
  3. Windows creates a temporary profile, and creates separate username

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows creates a temporary profile, and creates separate username: I replaced one of my storage drives with an SSD, and when I logged into my PC, I was given the "temporary account" error. I tried fixing it with the Registry Editor, but it always makes a entirely new user folder. If I try to access my original user folder, I am given a "You...
  4. Windows creates a temporary profile, and creates separate username

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Temporary Profile - Lost Files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Temporary Profile - Lost Files: Please help! I was using my laptop last night and whenI logged in this morning it opened with a temporary profile. I have lost all my files and desktop icons - everything gone. How can I fix this? I'm not that savy when it comes to fixing things though. Thanks!...
  6. Temporary Profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Temporary Profile: My computer is stuck in a temporary profile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temporary-profile/e864ddb8-1bc3-4bd8-9f60-f419a5154c11
  7. Unable to set location of temporary internet files to correct default

Unable to set location of temporary internet files to correct default: I have been getting error messages on my newly installed Win10 64 bit machine regarding the location of temporary files, on one of my logins. If I go to Internet Options -> General -> Browsing history -> Settings, the location of temporary internet files is reported as:...
  8. Error: Unable to create a temporary file. Access denied.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error: Unable to create a temporary file. Access denied.: I am usong Windows 10 with administrator rights, and using Quick Heal Total Security. I downloaded a game Call of Duty: Modern Warfare(Remastered) from www.crohasit.com . As I clicked on setup.exe it asked my permission to run it and then displayed me the above error...
  9. Can't locate Temporary files

Can't locate Temporary files: Hi, I am using Windows 10, I usually delete files from temporary file folder by typing *Temp* whenever the computer speed slows down, now when I type *Temp* to access the folder it doesn't show. Kindly help me on this matter. Regards, John Rodrigues...
  10. temporary profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    temporary profile: I took the plunge and upgraded my computer with 6 gigs RAM and a dual core 3.0 athlon x64 cpu so I could install Win 10. Was running Win 7. Downloaded the ISO to a flash drive. Installed Win 10 ver.1703. Updated my drivers. All seemed to go well. I used it all day. Rebooted...