Windows 10: Unable to located files that were created under temporary profile

Discus and support Unable to located files that were created under temporary profile in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I didn't realize that I was under the temporary profile and added folders and files onto the desktop. After realizing I was under the temporary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Msherman_2, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Unable to located files that were created under temporary profile

I didn't realize that I was under the temporary profile and added folders and files onto the desktop.

After realizing I was under the temporary profile I did a system reboot. However, all the files and folders that I added under the temporary profile are no longer on my normal profile.

Please help

:)

Msherman_2, Feb 11, 2019
  2. dgootee Win User

Try to login into my profile but am redirected to temporary profile.

In simple terms and step by step how to have my profile not be redirected to a temporary profile. Answers I have seen are too technical. Cannot figure out where to start on my computer to create a new user account as posts suggest. This started the
    day I updated to Windows 10.

dgootee, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Temporary profile - unable to create new user profile

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community forum.

I understand your concern, we will assist you with this.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to activate/enable the account.

1. Open Run Command (Windows button + R) from the account that you are able to access.

2. In the dialog box type, lusrmgr.msc

3. This will open a window, click on "Users"
    from the left navigation pane.

4. Spot and click on the user account name that you have disable and then select "Properties"

5. Then click on the uncheck box "Account is Disabled".

6. Click on "Apply" and then
    "OK".

Step 1: After enabling Built-in admin, Run SFC scan.

Perform System File Checker (sfc) scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Step 2:

After that, Please perform Microsoft Safety Scanner to scan your computer for infections.

I suggest you to login to safe mode with networking and perform Microsoft Safety scanner to remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software.

To enter into Safe Mode in Windows 10, follow the steps given below.

• Restart your PC.
    • Press Shift + F8 before the Windows logo appears.
    • Click See Advanced Repair Options.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced Options.
    • Click Windows Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.
    • You then see a list where you can choose Safe Mode or
      Safe Mode with Networking
      (depending on whether you think you’ll need the Internet).

Refer the link below to download the Microsoft Safety scanner

http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0

Note: The Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days after being downloaded. To rerun a scan with the latest anti-malware definitions, download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner again.

Anti-Virus Disclaimer:

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential
    for data loss.

Method 2:
    From Built in administrator account create a new user account and transfer the profile data.

To create a new user account, follow the steps and check:

1. Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard, select Control Panel.

2. Select System and Security and then System.

3. Click Advanced System Settings.

4. Under User Profiles, click Settings.

5. Select the profile you want to copy.

6. Click Copy to, and then enter the name of, or browse to, the profile you want to overwrite. This will usually be in C:\Users\username, where username is the name of the profile to which you are copying.

7. Click Permitted to use, and then add all user accounts to which you want to give full profile control.

8. Click OK.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Feb 11, 2019
  4. neilpzz Win User

Unable to located files that were created under temporary profile

Lost files in temporary profile

If a Temp user isn't where I suggested then the temp profile isn't present. There could be temporary files in other temp folders though. c:\windows\temp (for example) but if you have used disk cleanup then I would have expected those to have been removed
    already. Have you emptied your recycle bin.

When running disk cleanup then after the first pass scan select system files and look down the list when the scan is complete.

neilpzz, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Unable to located files that were created under temporary profile

1. Unable to located files that were created under temporary profile - Similar Threads - Unable located files

2. Signing in with Temporary Profile

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Signing in with Temporary Profile: I just purchased a Surface Laptop 2 and was working perfectly fine for the first week and now every time that I sign in it tells me there was a problem with logging me in and says I need to sign out and sign back in. When I do that I just continue to get the same message....
  3. windows created a temporary paging file...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows created a temporary paging file...: I recently got this error message every time I started my machine. [ATTACH] I setup the paging file on E driver but windows still create the file on C driver. Why??? [ATTACH] I don't have this issue before. I don't change any setting on my computer recently. The error...
  4. Temporary User Profile Made me delete files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Temporary User Profile Made me delete files: Hi, I recently booted my PC after the battery went down. Everything was normal until i reached my dekstop where I realised it had been cleaned. All my folders had disappeared. I did not know at the time that Windows logged me up in a temporary profile (without telling me...
  5. Can't locate Temporary files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't locate Temporary files: Hi, I am using Windows 10, I usually delete files from temporary file folder by typing *Temp* whenever the computer speed slows down, now when I type *Temp* to access the folder it doesn't show. Kindly help me on this matter. Regards, John Rodrigues...
  6. Temporary profile problem?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Temporary profile problem?: Ok so I know how to fix the problem from looking on YouTube with directions as it's happened to me twice now but now the actual problem i'm having to ask here is regarding fixing my mom's name on the computer. After I finished fixing my name and restarted the computer which...
  7. temporary profile

temporary profile: I took the plunge and upgraded my computer with 6 gigs RAM and a dual core 3.0 athlon x64 cpu so I could install Win 10. Was running Win 7. Downloaded the ISO to a flash drive. Installed Win 10 ver.1703. Updated my drivers. All seemed to go well. I used it all day. Rebooted...
  8. Modify the temporary user profile

Modify the temporary user profile: Hi, Many family members and their children come to my house and use my laptop. However, several times, they have wrecked my personal user account. I have setup a local account for this matter, called Visitor. In the users folder, I renamed 'visitor' to 'visitor1', so...
  9. Intermittant Temporary profile

Intermittant Temporary profile: Hi, I am hoping someone can help. I upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7 around 2 months ago and generally it works fine. However, three times in that time when I boot up, it has told me I have been signed in to a temporary profile. When I reboot my machine, all is fine. I tried...
  10. Temporary Profile Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Temporary Profile Issue: Good Evening, My tower had a irregular power down yesterday, when i turned it on it went into a temporary profile. I have tried a system restore, scanning the drives for error. Everything i have tried has failed before completion. I am at my wits end honestly and don't...