Windows 10: Unable to lock pc remotely with windows 10

Discus and support Unable to lock pc remotely with windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have enabled "Find my device" on my PC, and wanted to test if I can lock it remotely if I were to lose it. Everything works fine in terms of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bearsfolks, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Unable to lock pc remotely with windows 10

I have enabled "Find my device" on my PC, and wanted to test if I can lock it remotely if I were to lose it.

Everything works fine in terms of locating the PC. It finds it, and correctly shows the location.

However, it does not give me the option of Locking it.

Unable to lock pc remotely with windows 10 371163f7-c13d-4ce9-a370-db7562233164?upload=true.jpg

Any suggestions as to how to fix it? I'm using Win Pro Version 1709 (Build 16299.904).

:)

bearsfolks, Feb 23, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 23, 2019
  3. SedefA Win User
    Windows 10 Remote Problem - It says from Ipad Unable to connect remote to PC

So I wanted to remote my Ipad for my Windows 10, I downlaoded Microsoft Remote Desktop to my ipad. So I did these steps in this video:

So at end I tried to connect and it says "Unable to connect to remote PC. Please verify Remote Desktop is enabled, the remote PC is turned on and avaible on the network, and try again." I checked the remote pc again and its ticked, there is not anything
    wrong. I don't understand the problem and Im searching for a solution for hours. Please help, thanks!

SedefA, Feb 23, 2019
  4. Unable to lock pc remotely with windows 10

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

Unable to lock pc remotely with windows 10

1. Unable to lock pc remotely with windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable lock remotely

2. Unable to unlock my Laptop after remotely locking it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to unlock my Laptop after remotely locking it: HI, I Need help in unlocking / signing in to my laptop. I had remotely locked it through my Microsoft account. Now I am unable to login when i click sign in it takes me to the same screenscreen where when we open pc after sleep . I don't wish to format the system.please help...
  3. Unable to unlock my Laptop after remotely locking it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to unlock my Laptop after remotely locking it: HI, I Need help in unlocking / signing in to my laptop. I had remotely locked it through my Microsoft account. Now I am unable to login when i click sign in it takes me to the same screenscreen where when we open pc after sleep . I don't wish to format the system.please help...
  4. Unable to unlock my Laptop after remotely locking it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to unlock my Laptop after remotely locking it: HI, Need help in unlocking / signing in to my laptop. I had remotely locked it through my Microsoft account on another laptop. Now I am not able to login through my fingerprint or PIN. Its says administrator has to login first but there is only one account on the system, and...
  5. Unable to unlock my Laptop after remotely locking it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to unlock my Laptop after remotely locking it: HI, Need help in unlocking / signing in to my laptop. I had remotely locked it through my Microsoft account on another laptop. Now I am not able to login through my fingerprint or PIN. Its says administrator has to login first but there is only one account on the system, and...
  6. locking a windows 10 remotly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    locking a windows 10 remotly: gooddaythey stole my laptop and i want to lock it however my "find a device" option to lock does not proceed with the process it keeps on saying "Revise your lock message. This version contains words some people might find offensive" even when i don not write a lock...
  7. Remotely Locked PC

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remotely Locked PC: While I was logged into my MS account online today first time in a year I saw a device I did not recognize. The location of it was no where near where I am. So I thought I would simply lock it remotely with the message to call me. Well I found that it was a legitimate PC and...
  8. remote lock

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    remote lock: if i used one laptop and accidentally remotely locked another also belonging to me how would i remotely unlock it on purpose. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-lock/1eaf87a7-d130-4272-b1f2-615ad8bccf08
  9. remote lock

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    remote lock: Is there any way to lock windows10 remotely,I can't find any button to complete it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-lock/2552b7a2-adc8-4546-9936-e6248a4eb388
  10. Remote lock

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remote lock: Locked laptop remotely with my account. Got it back and cannot get into it. Pin for laptop doesnt work. No pin in Microsoft email. Cant unlock remotely (why the hell not?) This has been nothing but more stress....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i cant lock my pc remotely via microsoft