Windows 10: Unable to log back into domain after screen lock (Clicking Switch User, then logging in works)

Discus and support Unable to log back into domain after screen lock (Clicking Switch User, then logging in works) in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; We have seen a weird issue on our domain where users are unable to log back into their machine using their domain credentials after their screen locks.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by robertpelletier2, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Unable to log back into domain after screen lock (Clicking Switch User, then logging in works)

We have seen a weird issue on our domain where users are unable to log back into their machine using their domain credentials after their screen locks. The work around for this is for them to click switch user and then login. However, we need to figure out why this is happening. After googling around I have not found a solution.

The user does NOT use a wireless mouse.

It is not an issue with an incorrect password or UK keyboard or anything like that.

This was a clean Windows 10 install, therefore there would be no upgrade issues.

:)

robertpelletier2, Feb 5, 2019

2. Switching Users Only available when Logged Out

As stated in my post, those options do not work.

• Only current logged in user shows up in start menu
    • The only options when clicking user in start menu are "Change Account Settings", "Lock", and "Log Out"
    • The lock screen does NOT show any users in the bottom left when logged in.

Elissalion, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Switching Users Only available when Logged Out

So I want to be able to switch users and when I first installed Windows 10 I could switch users while others were logged in all the time. Then for a while I wasn't and I just dealt with it, then I was able, and now I have returned to not being able to switch
    users.

Here are the variables.

• Only current logged in user shows up in start menu
    • The only options when clicking user in start menu are "Change Account Settings", "Lock", and "Log Out"
    • Upon logging out, I will see all my users in bottom left of login screen.
    • The lock screen does NOT show any users in the bottom left when logged in.
    • There is no "Switch User" option in start menu or lock screen.
    • This is the case for all users.

Is is a Windows version issue?

Are there programs that can keep me from doing this?

Elissalion, Feb 5, 2019
  4. Sccs8z Win User

Unable to log back into domain after screen lock (Clicking Switch User, then logging in works)

Keep the screen saver slide show working when no user account is logged-in Windows 10 on domain joined PC

Hi,

I am trying to setup slideshow images on the login screen before any user logs on. I have tried everything but unable to get it to work. When I log in and set the slideshow and lock the machine, it works. If I log out, the slideshow does not work at all.

Has anyone done this before on a domain environment?

Thank you

***Original title: Setting up slideshow log on screen (without user logging on) domain environment Windows 10***

Sccs8z, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

Unable to log back into domain after screen lock (Clicking Switch User, then logging in works)

1. Unable to log back into domain after screen lock (Clicking Switch User, then logging in works) - Similar Threads - Unable log domain

2. Switching users vs logging out?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching users vs logging out?: Hello, i just added my brother to my desktop as a user and wanted to make sure that his background programs aren't running when i am on my account and vice versa. Is making sure that he logs out before i log in/not using the switch accounts option good enough to stop this...
  3. Log-in screen issue screen jumping back, unable to log in and access desktop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Log-in screen issue screen jumping back, unable to log in and access desktop: So my laptop Lenovo ideapad 320 crashed, reset itself and began doing an update. Once the update finished, it reset itself again and the time/date screen came up as normal. Then, when I click to advance to the log-in screen, it jumps back to the time/date screen and...
  4. Windows 10 - Join Domain - Domain user logs in and reverts back to the log in screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Join Domain - Domain user logs in and reverts back to the log in screen: This has been happening for over a year. Not every installed new PC, just many time. Newer Win10 builds have not corrected it. We have a Dell Optiplex, Win10 installed. We complete the initial set up, patch etc., then join the domain. After joining the doamin, I go to...
  5. Unable to log on at lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to log on at lock screen: I have a new notebook/laptop (JDW). When I first started with it from new, it all went well. Used my log on password on lock screen. Went fine for a couple of days, until the notebook decided to do the v1809 update. From then all I get is "wrong password". At the bottom right...
  6. Black screen when users log in but rectifies if they log out and back in again.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black screen when users log in but rectifies if they log out and back in again.: Good morning, I'm wondering if anyone in the community is able to help with this very peculiar bug we are experiencing. We're running an environment with around 200 computers, mostly the same Oltiplex 3010 setup but some different ones too. In the last 3 weeks, we've...
  7. Logging in as new User in domain

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Logging in as new User in domain: My fully updated Win10 machine logs into my domain as "Other User" and just spins - after a restart. I've also tried to log in as an Administrator and the same thing happens. If I shut down it will let me log in normal. My pdc is a Windows Server 2012 R2 with no dns issues -...
  8. Logging in as Other User in domain

in Windows 10 Support
    Logging in as Other User in domain: My fully updated Win10 machine logs into my domain as "Other User" and just spins - after a restart. I've also tried to log in as an Administrator and the same thing happens. If I shut down it will let me log in normal. My pdc is a Windows Server 2012 R2 with no dns issues -...
  9. Windows Automatically logs on user upon startup/unable to switch users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows Automatically logs on user upon startup/unable to switch users: Windows 10 Pro No longer requires a login password on startup and logs right in as the user This is occurring on a Windows SBS2011 domain user account I scanned PC with trend AV and also Bitdefender - no issues found and PC is generally OK in all other regards and...
  10. Logging back in as temporary user

in Windows 10 Support
    Logging back in as temporary user: I understand others have had problems logging in as a temporary user when updating to windows 10 and a reboot or update sorts this out. But does anyone know how I can log back in as that temporary user again?? I moved some documents and pictures (in the folder...