Windows 10: Unable to Log In Following Computer Reset

Discus and support Unable to Log In Following Computer Reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone, i have an issue and i've run out of ideas to solve it I recently had to reset my computer to factory settings as it had somehow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Cameron2020, May 31, 2020.

1. Unable to Log In Following Computer Reset

Hello everyone, i have an issue and i've run out of ideas to solve it

I recently had to reset my computer to factory settings as it had somehow deleted it's own desktop and became unusable. The computer is now displaying the log in screen, with the only option being "Other User". However, even when i try to log in with my email and password, which i know are correct, it simply displays "The Username or Password is incorrect". I cannot connect to the internet, even with a direct Ethernet connection, as it simply shows no networks being available.

I tried to use the admin account, but apparently none exist on this computer anymore. I tried to activate the admin account through the command prompt, but the computer says that "Admin privileges are required to access the command prompt, but no admin accounts can be found on this device". The only option afterwards is to restart the computer and start the entire process again.

I really do not know what to do anymore, i cant even pass the log in screen right now even when using correct credentials, and i cant access the internet even though i'm connected directly to a working router.

:)

Cameron2020, May 31, 2020

2. Sometimes unable to log in

Hi,

To troubleshoot you concern, we recommend you to start your computer in safe mode, then perform clean boot after. Refer to the links below for steps:

After performing a clean boot, follow the steps under the section How to reset the computer to start normally after a clean boot troubleshooting.

If the suggestions above will not work, you can follow the troubleshooting steps found on this

link

Regarding your pin concern, we suggest you to refer to Jessen P's
    suggestions on April 25, 2015 found on this
    link

Update us on the result.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, May 31, 2020
  3. MattCroft Win User
    Unable to log into computer

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the suggestion, though I am unable to preform the clean boot as I need to be logged into the computer to preform it. I am still unable to log in.

Thanks,

Matt

MattCroft, May 31, 2020
  4. Rose Ter Win User

Unable to Log In Following Computer Reset

Unable to reset computer

Hi,

To better assist you on how to factory reset your computer, please clarify the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Since when are you experiencing the issue?
    • Is it still an ongoing issue on your computer?
    • Any recent changes made prior to the issue?
    • Can you possibly send us a screenshot?
    • What error messages are you getting?

Regards.

Rose Ter, May 31, 2020
Thema:

Unable to Log In Following Computer Reset

1. Unable to Log In Following Computer Reset - Similar Threads - Unable Log Following

2. Unable to log into computer after reset, Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to log into computer after reset, Windows 10: We recently purchased a used laptop from my workplace, which was connected to my work user profile. To set it up for personal use, I have reset the computer, choosing to remove all files and install from local drive install from cloud did not work. Following this reset I am...
  3. Unable to log into computer after reset, Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to log into computer after reset, Windows 10: We recently purchased a used laptop from my workplace, which was connected to my work user profile. To set it up for personal use, I have reset the computer, choosing to remove all files and install from local drive install from cloud did not work. Following this reset I am...
  4. Unable to log into computer after reset, Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. unable to log in to my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to log in to my computer: fail to log in to my computer, but when it asks me to set up one, it says something's wrong and asks to try again, yet when i press skip this step, it reloads to the original page again which tells me to lock in all over again. i saw the method of pressing window button + I...
  6. unable to log into computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    unable to log into computer: i usually use my finger print to sign in but all of a sudden it requires a pin to log in too and i forgot my pin. i went to make a new one but it says that ‘We weren’t able to set up PIN. You can try again, or skip this step and set up a PIN later’. the problem is i cannot...
  7. Unable to reset computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to reset computer: I've had the BSoD for a few weeks now, and I've tried all of the videos on YouTube pertaining to the Command Prompt. At this point in time, I just want my computer back, and everything is in the Cloud anyways, so I'm fine with resetting. I get to the troubleshooting screen...
  8. Unable to reset computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to reset computer: The button for resetting the computer doesn't work [Settings > Update & Security > Recovery], how to fix this? There are no error messages https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-reset-computer/acec9f37-c279-4c49-ac6f-4a0f81a82ab0
  9. Unable to log into computer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to log into computer.: Hope all is well. I'm unable to log onto my laptop. When I turn my computer on and click the internet Icon to connect so I can use my password for entry Microsoft requirement the only option is given is airplane mode. I've tried using an Ethernet plugging it directly into the...
  10. Unable to reset the computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to reset the computer: Hi, I have a laptop that I'd like to format and install windows all over again. Selecting Reset and the option to remove all files the computer reports it prepares everything. After some time however it stops with a message saying something like (it is in Norwegian on...