Windows 10: Unable to log in since update

Discus and support Unable to log in since update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop completed a update and on starting now when i get to the login screen i get the message your pin is no longer available due to a change in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sophiedzz, Aug 1, 2020.

1. sophiedzz Win User

Unable to log in since update

My laptop completed a update and on starting now when i get to the login screen i get the message your pin is no longer available due to a change in the security settings on this device. When i then try to log in by password it tells me it is incorrect.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks

:)

sophiedzz, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Unable to log in since update

Sometimes unable to log in

Hi,

To troubleshoot you concern, we recommend you to start your computer in safe mode, then perform clean boot after. Refer to the links below for steps:

After performing a clean boot, follow the steps under the section How to reset the computer to start normally after a clean boot troubleshooting.

If the suggestions above will not work, you can follow the troubleshooting steps found on this

link

Regarding your pin concern, we suggest you to refer to Jessen P's
    suggestions on April 25, 2015 found on this
    link

Update us on the result.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Unable to log in since update

1. Unable to log in since update - Similar Threads - Unable log since

2. Unable to login since the new windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login since the new windows update: Since new windows update my computer doesn’t start. It begins with blue screen and then it restarts but then fails to complete restart it says. Troubleshoot or reset or repair options ask for Microsoft account password. But when I put in the right password it says incorrect....
  3. Unable to login since the new windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to login since the new windows update: Since new windows update my computer doesn’t start. It begins with blue screen and then it restarts but then fails to complete restart it says. Troubleshoot or reset or repair options ask for Microsoft account password. But when I put in the right password it says incorrect....
  4. Unable to install updates since before KB5001330

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install updates since before KB5001330: After many failed attempts to install updates in the past month, I'm getting pretty frustrated. At the end of each failed attempt, I get this error message with code:There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to...
  5. Win10 in an update/unable to update loop since May

Win10 in an update/unable to update loop since May: Hello all, I have Win10, upgraded from Win7 during Microsoft's promotion years ago. I only use it a few times a year. Back in May 2020, it tried to update. It went through the 30% of upgrade installed, rebooted, then spent a while on the rest of the update. Once it was...
  6. Unable to update windows since 2019

Unable to update windows since 2019: For a long time, I have been unable to update my windows computer and receive the message: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help:...
  7. unable to connect to whitepages since update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to connect to whitepages since update: unable to connect to whitepages since update It shows this as error: 0 Unable To Identify Your Browser As you were browsing http://whitepages.com something prevented us from identifying your browser. There are a few reasons this might happen: You've disabled...
  8. Unable to connect to update service since July!

Unable to connect to update service since July!: I continue to receive: "We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet." message when running Windows Update. I have worked with on-line agents going through numerous...
  9. Unable to open PDF files since update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open PDF files since update: Since the last Windows 10 update, I have been unable to open any PDF files, without going through another source (normally a web browser such as Chrome or Edge). When trying to open the PDF directly, I get the error " Windows cannot find (enter the file name of PDF here)....
  10. W10 updated Unable to log in now.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 updated Unable to log in now.: Hello, my Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop received the newest Windows update last week, and now I cannot log in. The machine boots and goes to the start screen, but when I try to click on the start or login, all the items on the desktop scroll to the top of the screen and...