Windows 10: Unable to log in to a Microsoft Account on Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to log in to a Microsoft Account on Windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Lately, I have been experiencing issues logging into my Microsoft Account, ONLY on my Windows 10 computer as every other log in works just fine. I am... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by obsidian0dragon, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Unable to log in to a Microsoft Account on Windows 10

Lately, I have been experiencing issues logging into my Microsoft Account, ONLY on my Windows 10 computer as every other log in works just fine.

I am using a Local Account (Due to some very unfortunate Windows Profile Glitches a year ago I had to transfer all my old data [Desktop, Documents, Pictures, etc.] onto a new profile) and wish to change it back to a Microsoft Linked account so I can download apps from the Windows Store.

However, my issue is that I receive several errors depending on where I try to log into my account on my PC.

If I try to log into The Xbox App on My PC, I receive this error code: 0x80070520.

If I try to Log into the Windows Store, We encountered an error, Please try signing in again later.

If I try to Log in under Settings, It states: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** is here already. Another User on this device already uses this Microsoft account, So you can't use it here.

And Following that Last entry, NONE OF MY OTHER PROFILES ARE SIGNED INTO THIS ACCOUNT.

As well, If I attempt to create a NEW Profile with my Microsoft account, After I enter my Email, it Flashes that "It Worked" But then returns to a screen that states: We can't add a user to the device right now. It's Probably our fault. Please try again.

As to which I did, And... I think you know where that went...

Following It prompted me to make it a Local account which is not what I want.

I have tried MANY things to fix this, and now it is getting to the point where my research has concluded with nothing.

Editing the registry, (deleting the key for my email)

Editing Local Security Policy

(Both of these methods found within similar Microsoft Support forums)

Deleting This PC off of my Account from a browser on Microsoft.com

Etc....

All I can do now is ask those with more information than me.

Please, PLEASE... Help, Thank you...

:)

obsidian0dragon, Dec 27, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Dec 27, 2018
  3. Unable to set up Microsoft Account

Hi CrossFitDerek,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to know that you are unable to set up Microsoft account on Windows 10.

Do not worry, will assist you with the issue.

• Are you able to log into Microsoft account online?
    • What error message you receive when you enter the new password?
    I suggest you to try the steps provided, in the link below.

Sign in with a Microsoft account:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-microsoft-account

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Dec 27, 2018
  4. Zakin Win User

Unable to log in to a Microsoft Account on Windows 10

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Unable to log in to a Microsoft Account on Windows 10 :(

Zakin, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

Unable to log in to a Microsoft Account on Windows 10

1. Unable to log in to a Microsoft Account on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable log Microsoft

2. Unable to Log into Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Log into Microsoft Account: I hope you're all doing well.I'm having some trouble logging into my Microsoft account and could really use some assistance.Here's the situation: I've tried all my usual passwords, but none of them seem to be working. So, I went through the account recovery process and...
  3. Unable to Log into Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Log into Microsoft Account: I hope you're all doing well.I'm having some trouble logging into my Microsoft account and could really use some assistance.Here's the situation: I've tried all my usual passwords, but none of them seem to be working. So, I went through the account recovery process and...
  4. Unable to log into Microsoft account on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to log into Microsoft account on Windows 11: I've just done a new build and installed Windows 11. I've run into a problem where where I go into Windows Security, try to log into my Microsoft account, I get to the part where it asks for my Windows 10 password "one last time", and it tells me the password is incorrect. I...
  5. Unable to log into Microsoft account on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to log into Microsoft account on Windows 11: I've just done a new build and installed Windows 11. I've run into a problem where where I go into Windows Security, try to log into my Microsoft account, I get to the part where it asks for my Windows 10 password "one last time", and it tells me the password is incorrect. I...
  6. Unable to log into Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to log into Microsoft account: Hi had some problems a while ago and reinstalled windows and created a local account. I am now unable to log into my microsoft account. I can log in automatically in chrome. My microsoft account does ot show up under accounts but i can click on a link saying log into...
  7. Unable to log into Microsoft account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to log into Microsoft account.: Hi had some problems a while ago and reinstalled windows and created a local account. I am now unable to log into my microsoft account. I can log in automatically in chrome. My microsoft account does ot show up under accounts but i can click on a link saying log into...
  8. Unable to log into one account Microsoft Store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to log into one account Microsoft Store.: So I recently noticed that I can't log into the microsoft store with my main account. So naturally I tried using other accounts and quickly noticed the only account affected is my main account (this account). This probably issue probably formed after I reinstalled windows...
  9. Unable to log in into Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to log in into Microsoft Account: I am trying to Log in to My Microsoft account , Already Tried Reseting Password Lot of The times, But A Display Comes Which says Follownig Details: Sign into this computer using your Microsoft account Next time you sign into this computer, use your Microsoft account...
  10. Unable to log into Microsoft Account on PC

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to log into Microsoft Account on PC: I have a problem. When I installed Windows 10, during the Cortana setup process I was told to log in with my Microsoft account. When she brought up the window, everything but the minimize tab was gray and closed after 15 seconds. This happens every time and it also happens...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to login to microsoft account

2. unable to log in Microsoft account windows 10

3. unable to log in to microsoft account

4. Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account 1903