Windows 10: Unable to log in to administrator account

Discus and support Unable to log in to administrator account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi,I run Windows 10 on a PC. The only account set up is my administrator account which I have been logging into with a PIN. After a power cut today... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PBillyeald, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Unable to log in to administrator account

Hi,I run Windows 10 on a PC. The only account set up is my administrator account which I have been logging into with a PIN. After a power cut today when I rebooted the PC I got a message saying "something happened and your PIN isn't available". Nothing happened when I tried "set up my PIN" option so I then tried logging in with my Microsoft account password, which it said was incorrect. I then reset my Microsoft account password and still no success.I can't get into Windows settings or any of the troubleshooting options without logging into my account, which I can't do.Any ideas.?Patrick B

:)

PBillyeald, Jul 7, 2021
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jul 7, 2021
  3. unable to log in to Windows 10 administrator account

In this case, we suggest that you to enable the built in administrator account on your computer. Using the hidden administrator account, you can set the standard user back into an administrator account. Follow the steps below to easily enable the built in
    administrator account:

• Open an elevated Command Prompt by pressing Windows + X then select
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • On the Command Prompt, type Net user administrator /active:yes.
    • Close the Command Prompt. The built in administrator account can now be accessed by clicking your user name on Start and then click on
      Administrator account. The Administrator account will also appear on the login screen.
    Note: To disable the built administrator account, simply type Net user administrator /active:no on elevated
    Command Prompt, as this is not advised to use be used as the a normal administrator account.

We're glad to assist if you have further concerns.

Darleen Pen, Jul 7, 2021
  4. Unable to log in to administrator account

unable to log in to Windows 10 administrator account

I'm running Windows 10 on a desktop computer. I established a new administrator account (new admin) and then changed my normal user account to a standard account. Now, I can't log in to the new administrator account so I'm unable to make certain changes
    to my computer (e.g., installing new software). When I type in the password for my administrator account, I receive an error indicating the "User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded." Suggestions?

Craig Unruh, Jul 7, 2021
Thema:

Unable to log in to administrator account

1. Unable to log in to administrator account - Similar Threads - Unable log administrator

2. Unable to recover administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to recover administrator account: I am unable to install software on my laptop as the administrator account no longer exists. My one and only account is a local account without administrator access....
  3. Unable to recover administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to recover administrator account: I am unable to install software on my laptop as the administrator account no longer exists. My one and only account is a local account without administrator access....
  4. Unable to recover administrator account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Administrator Account Log-in problems

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Administrator Account Log-in problems: My Laptop is set up with an Administrator Account and a Standard User Account. I use the standard account for day to day running and the admin account for installing stuff and maintenance as I understand that this is the safest way to access windows. I want to be able to...
  6. Unable to Log in to Single Administrator Account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Log in to Single Administrator Account: Following a Windows 10 update I have been unable to log into my single administrator account on my computer. There's 3 account on this machine, and it is connected to the Internet. 1 administrator account and 2 guest accounts. I can log in to guest account. I get an error...
  7. Unable to sign in to administrators account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to sign in to administrators account: i cant sign into administrators account, the administrators promt is hidden and also i cant make changes to my system and also cant access files on the administrators account [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. Unable to log in as administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to log in as administrator: I am unable to log in as Administrator. I tried everything I knew but nothing worked. I am know unable to install/uninstall any software. I shall be grateful for any help from somebody....
  9. Cannot Log into Administrator Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Log into Administrator Account: Hello, I was working on my laptop when suddenly my system restarted and I lost all my personal files( I have a back up). However, I cannot login as administrator, it says you are logged in using temporary account. I tried resetting my laptop as well as I did the registry...
  10. RDC logging into administrator account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDC logging into administrator account: If the local administrator is logged in with a password on the remote computer, how can it be connected to through RDC? 98900