Windows 10: Unable to log in to Microsoft account after Win11 upgrade

Discus and support Unable to log in to Microsoft account after Win11 upgrade in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have Windows Insider enabled on my laptop. I upgraded to Win11, but went back to Win10 because the taskbar height could not be increased. I then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KenY7744, Jul 1, 2021.

1. KenY7744 Win User

Unable to log in to Microsoft account after Win11 upgrade

I have Windows Insider enabled on my laptop. I upgraded to Win11, but went back to Win10 because the taskbar height could not be increased. I then tried to open OneNote, but was prompted to log in to my Microsoft account with the first dialog. I clicked the first choice, and was presented with the second dialog. Both choices were exactly the same, and when I chose either, I was taken back to the first dialog. I also tried "Another account" but that also took me back to the first dialog. I am able to launch OneNote on my other 2 PCs, a desktop running Windows 10 21H1, and a Surface Pro running Windows 10 21H1. Any help would be appreciated. Ken

:)

KenY7744, Jul 1, 2021

2. Unable to set up Microsoft Account

Hi CrossFitDerek,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to know that you are unable to set up Microsoft account on Windows 10.

Do not worry, will assist you with the issue.

• Are you able to log into Microsoft account online?
    • What error message you receive when you enter the new password?
    I suggest you to try the steps provided, in the link below.

Sign in with a Microsoft account:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-microsoft-account

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jul 1, 2021
  3. Unable to login with microsoft account

Hi,

Issues with signing in to a Microsoft account are usually happening due
    the two-step verification is turned on or you are traveling or using a new device.
    For us to provide an accurate resolution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Are you experiencing the sign in issue upon logging in to your computer?
    • Are you having the same error when you are trying to sign in to your Microsoft account using a web browser? If yes, is the same issue happening even when you are using other web browsers?
    • Have you made any changes to your account before this issue occurred?
    • What changes have you made to your computer prior to having this issue?

In the meantime, we suggest that you read and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps on these links:

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jul 1, 2021
  4. Unable to log in to Microsoft account after Win11 upgrade

Unable to uninstall Microsoft Account

I don't know if the above question is associated with removing the Microsoft Account password or something else. I am getting error that say my password has expired. I am unable to log into outlook or excel and many other Microsoft products. Microsoft says I should check my password and userid. I have tried to try everything that the programs have suggest and other suggestions I get, I cannot try because the image that comes in the instructions are not what I get. Please give me help !! Windows Version Number is - Microsoft Windows Version 20H2 (OS Build19402-746)

elusiverunner, Jul 1, 2021
Thema:

Unable to log in to Microsoft account after Win11 upgrade

1. Unable to log in to Microsoft account after Win11 upgrade - Similar Threads - Unable log Microsoft

2. Unable to Log into Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Log into Microsoft Account: I hope you're all doing well.I'm having some trouble logging into my Microsoft account and could really use some assistance.Here's the situation: I've tried all my usual passwords, but none of them seem to be working. So, I went through the account recovery process and...
  3. Unable to Log into Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Log into Microsoft Account: I hope you're all doing well.I'm having some trouble logging into my Microsoft account and could really use some assistance.Here's the situation: I've tried all my usual passwords, but none of them seem to be working. So, I went through the account recovery process and...
  4. Unable to log in to Windows after upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to log in to Windows after upgrade: I just upgraded to Windows 11, but somehow it only let me to log in using PIN while 99% I was using fingerprint. Every network only connected without internet so I was unable to log in to microsoft to reset password. Now I'm stuck at the login screen without no way to login....
  5. Unable to log in to Windows after upgrade

Unable to log in to Windows after upgrade: I just upgraded to Windows 11, but somehow it only let me to log in using PIN while 99% I was using fingerprint. Every network only connected without internet so I was unable to log in to microsoft to reset password. Now I'm stuck at the login screen without no way to login....
  6. Unable to upgrade PowerBI after upgrading to win11 from win10

Unable to upgrade PowerBI after upgrading to win11 from win10: Hi,I am not able to upgrade PowerBI after upgrading to win11 from win10, one msg box shows that net framework is required, but nothing happens after I click "Accept and Install".Actually, there is the net framework on my pc, and I can upgrade PowerBI when my OS is win10.Also,...
  7. Unable to log into Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to log into Microsoft account: Hi had some problems a while ago and reinstalled windows and created a local account. I am now unable to log into my microsoft account. I can log in automatically in chrome. My microsoft account does ot show up under accounts but i can click on a link saying log into...
  8. Unable to log into Microsoft account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to log into Microsoft account.: Hi had some problems a while ago and reinstalled windows and created a local account. I am now unable to log into my microsoft account. I can log in automatically in chrome. My microsoft account does ot show up under accounts but i can click on a link saying log into...
  9. Unable to log in to Microsoft account after Win11 upgrade

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to log in to Microsoft account after Win11 upgrade: I have Windows Insider enabled on my laptop. I upgraded to Win11, but went back to Win10 because the taskbar height could not be increased. I then tried to open OneNote, but was prompted to log in to my Microsoft account with the first dialog. I clicked the first choice, and...
  10. Unable to log in into Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to log in into Microsoft Account: I am trying to Log in to My Microsoft account , Already Tried Reseting Password Lot of The times, But A Display Comes Which says Follownig Details: Sign into this computer using your Microsoft account Next time you sign into this computer, use your Microsoft account...