Windows 10: Unable to log in to my account after system recovery

Discus and support Unable to log in to my account after system recovery in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I did a factory reset and since this moment I am unable to login to my account. It brings me a message that a username or password is wrong... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ryan Schank, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Unable to log in to my account after system recovery

I did a factory reset and since this moment I am unable to login to my account. It brings me a message that a username or password is wrong

:)

Ryan Schank, Apr 8, 2020

2. Recovery and account

Hi Sarang,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

I understand that you have upgraded to Windows again after performing reset.

Have you tried to restart the system again to check whether the Windows 10 is downgraded to previous version?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

As the Windows 10 creates the new user account automatically, I suggest you to run the Microsoft account troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Refer to the following link to download and run the
    Microsoft Account troubleshooter:

Microsoft Account Troubleshooter

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

Step 2:

As you have linked your Microsoft account in Windows 10, I suggest you to switch back to the local account if you wish.

How to switch to a local account from Microsoft account.

• Press “Windows + I” keys to open settings (When you get the error “Critical error-start menu and Cortana not working”).

• Select Accounts.

• On the right side, it will show your current account with an option "Switch to a local account”.

• Select “switch to a local account” and follow the steps to switch your Microsoft account into a local account. Once this is done your Microsoft account is safe and not linked with that computer anymore.
    Note:

• You may not delete the recovery drive, as it will help you to recover the Windows in future if the Windows is not working properly.

• If you are using Microsoft account to login to Windows 10, there is no option to disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password. If you are using Local account to login to Windows 10, you can
      disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password.
    Reference: Please refer to the below article and check if it helps.

Recovery options in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Apr 8, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 8, 2020
  4. Unable to log in to my account after system recovery

Error: "Your account has been disabled.Please see your system administrator" on Windows 10

Hi Tomas,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in logging in the operating system using Microsoft account. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to access Command Prompt in Windows Recovery Environment from there try to enable Built-in admin account and check if it helps.

Steps to access Command Prompt:

Hard reboot the system and check if you are able to access lock screen. If so, proceed with Step 2.

If not,

Step 1: I suggest you to create an installation media for
    Windows 10 using the media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After preparing the installation media, insert it hard reboot the device and follow the below:

• Boot into Windows Recovery Environment using the Windows 10 installation media.
    • Click on Repair your computer.
    • Click on Troubleshoot and in the Advanced options.
    • Select Command Prompt. Type the following commands into the prompt and press Enter key after each command.
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)
    6. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

[*]

[*]Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done. 

Now try to change the account settings using built-in admin account and check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

Unable to log in to my account after system recovery

1. Unable to log in to my account after system recovery - Similar Threads - Unable log account

2. unable to log in after creating new user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to log in after creating new user account: I bought a new computer running Windows 11 for my son. I set up an admin account for myself which worked fine. I also set up Microsoft Authenticator, which seems to work OK.Then I added my son as a user. I restarted the computer to let my son log in. After clicking "Sign In"...
  3. After windows upgrade I am unable to log into my system it's asking for user account password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    After windows upgrade I am unable to log into my system it's asking for user account password: I didn't have a password before upgrading my windows 10, now it's asking for user account password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-windows-upgrade-i-am-unable-to-log-into-my/583d8f48-f9ba-42cd-ac1e-52588e3cb0d0
  4. After windows upgrade I am unable to log into my system it's asking for user account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After windows upgrade I am unable to log into my system it's asking for user account password: I didn't have a password before upgrading my windows 10, now it's asking for user account password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-windows-upgrade-i-am-unable-to-log-into-my/583d8f48-f9ba-42cd-ac1e-52588e3cb0d0
  5. After windows upgrade I am unable to log into my system it's asking for user account password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Unable to log into my windows account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to log into my windows account: Everytime i start windows 11 i get a message windows is unable to login to my account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-log-into-my-windows-account/699580e6-96ba-454a-8259-f83730c84f90
  7. Unable to log into my windows account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to log into my windows account: Everytime i start windows 11 i get a message windows is unable to login to my account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-log-into-my-windows-account/699580e6-96ba-454a-8259-f83730c84f90
  8. Unable to log in to Microsoft account after Win11 upgrade

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to log in to Microsoft account after Win11 upgrade: I have Windows Insider enabled on my laptop. I upgraded to Win11, but went back to Win10 because the taskbar height could not be increased. I then tried to open OneNote, but was prompted to log in to my Microsoft account with the first dialog. I clicked the first choice, and...
  9. Unable to log into MS account after clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to log into MS account after clean install: My dell desktop was running very slow. I had previously purchased a 10 pro key and up graded from home to pro, no problems for months then because system was slow I decided to do a clean install. Every time I get to the part for logging in with MS Account it accepts my...
  10. Unable to log in to my windows account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to log in to my windows account.: used f8 to troubleshoot. system restore unsuccessful. only option appears to be reset pc. do not want to lose programs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-log-in-to-my-windows-account/42301a06-9cfe-465f-be84-053e23b25cb5