Windows 10: Unable to Log in to Single Administrator Account

Discus and support Unable to Log in to Single Administrator Account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Following a Windows 10 update I have been unable to log into my single administrator account on my computer. There's 3 account on this machine, and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MilinPatel1, May 7, 2020.

1. Unable to Log in to Single Administrator Account

Following a Windows 10 update I have been unable to log into my single administrator account on my computer.

There's 3 account on this machine, and it is connected to the Internet. 1 administrator account and 2 guest accounts. I can log in to guest account.

I get an error message that states: "The password is incorrect. Make sure you're using the password for your Microsoft acct. You can always reset it at account.live.com"

I changed the password as recommended and I am still unable to log on.

If I go into Troubleshooting Mode, I can successfully login to a Command Prompt with my old password. I did reset windows twice. I have Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

I'm running out of options here and I need some help as I don't have back up of my files and don't want to delete them.

I see a number of posts out there, but I haven't found anything with a resolution.

:)

MilinPatel1, May 7, 2020
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, May 7, 2020
  3. unable to log in to Windows 10 administrator account

In this case, we suggest that you to enable the built in administrator account on your computer. Using the hidden administrator account, you can set the standard user back into an administrator account. Follow the steps below to easily enable the built in
    administrator account:

• Open an elevated Command Prompt by pressing Windows + X then select
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • On the Command Prompt, type Net user administrator /active:yes.
    • Close the Command Prompt. The built in administrator account can now be accessed by clicking your user name on Start and then click on
      Administrator account. The Administrator account will also appear on the login screen.
    Note: To disable the built administrator account, simply type Net user administrator /active:no on elevated
    Command Prompt, as this is not advised to use be used as the a normal administrator account.

We're glad to assist if you have further concerns.

Darleen Pen, May 7, 2020
  4. barkerend Win User

Unable to Log in to Single Administrator Account

Unable To Create User Accounts - Windows 10

I don’t know if this addition to my original thread will push it to the top of the queue. I have tried again by pasting netplwiz into the Run box as suggested by marshian. Yesterday I managed to create another User Account which although described as an Administrator Account indicates ‘This app can’t open’ for every single item. Can anybody please suggest how I can change this situation? Today I did the same thing again but find that I CAN open the various programs on that Account – although the Account is listed under a Users Group not Administrators Users.
    There is also a Guest Account listed but as yet I haven’t been able to get into that since it does not appear for the next Log On when I click my Log Off or Switch Users shortcuts.
    I will be grateful for any advice, Thanks ........

barkerend, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Unable to Log in to Single Administrator Account

1. Unable to Log in to Single Administrator Account - Similar Threads - Unable Log Single

2. Not a single account is administrator.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not a single account is administrator.: Hi,I have a windows 10 laptop from dell, Recently while adding a new account to my laptop unfortunately I accidently made my original account an local account and now I have 2 local accounts on my pc. Whenever I ask an app to run as administrator, it shows as shown in the...
  3. Not a single account is administrator.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not a single account is administrator.: Hi,I have a windows 10 laptop from dell, Recently while adding a new account to my laptop unfortunately I accidently made my original account an local account and now I have 2 local accounts on my pc. Whenever I ask an app to run as administrator, it shows as shown in the...
  4. Not a single account is administrator.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How to stay logged in as an administrator for a single program?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stay logged in as an administrator for a single program?: Our teenager recently got a gaming PC with Windows 11, and we have to set up screen time restrictions for him. We have set up Windows Family Safety, created two accounts on the computer, one of which is his and the other is ours with admin permissions. The problem is that one...
  6. How to stay logged in as an administrator for a single program?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stay logged in as an administrator for a single program?: Our teenager recently got a gaming PC with Windows 11, and we have to set up screen time restrictions for him. We have set up Windows Family Safety, created two accounts on the computer, one of which is his and the other is ours with admin permissions. The problem is that one...
  7. Unable to log in to administrator account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to log in to administrator account: Hi,I run Windows 10 on a PC. The only account set up is my administrator account which I have been logging into with a PIN. After a power cut today when I rebooted the PC I got a message saying "something happened and your PIN isn't available". Nothing happened when I tried...
  8. Unable to log in as administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to log in as administrator: I am unable to log in as Administrator. I tried everything I knew but nothing worked. I am know unable to install/uninstall any software. I shall be grateful for any help from somebody....
  9. Cannot Log into Administrator Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Log into Administrator Account: Hello, I was working on my laptop when suddenly my system restarted and I lost all my personal files( I have a back up). However, I cannot login as administrator, it says you are logged in using temporary account. I tried resetting my laptop as well as I did the registry...
  10. RDC logging into administrator account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDC logging into administrator account: If the local administrator is logged in with a password on the remote computer, how can it be connected to through RDC? 98900

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i gog in as admin

2. log in as administrator windows 10