Windows 10: Unable to log in to Windows 10 - incorrect password

Discus and support Unable to log in to Windows 10 - incorrect password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I restarted my computer and now I am unable to log in I have windows 10. It keeps telling me that "the password is incorrect. Try again." I am using... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by torsin, Jan 6, 2020.

1. torsin Win User

Unable to log in to Windows 10 - incorrect password

I restarted my computer and now I am unable to log in I have windows 10. It keeps telling me that "the password is incorrect. Try again." I am using the same password I have used since purchase six weeks ago. To give a history of yesterday, my daughters friend downloaded a program I don't know what one that would convert youtube videos. When I switched on later that day there was a whole lot of random ads that kept popping up so tried to remove chrome and wasn't able to do. So I did a system restore and still had problems so restarted the computer and now cant get back on as I am unable to log in. Prior to restarting I had run a scan using my microtrend product and it had said that there were no viruses. Please help.

:)

torsin, Jan 6, 2020

2. incorrect password

When I attempt to login to Win 10 I am unable to log in on my desktop computer. It gives me the message, "incorrect password." I am having no problem logging in with my laptop. The password is acceptable. I have tried resetting the password through the desktop but it requires a password disk which I don't have. I changed the password on the laptop however the laptop continues to work and the desktop gives me the "incorrect password" error.

David Morgenste, Jan 6, 2020
  3. Windows 10: Issues with logging into the computer and getting incorrect password message.

Hi George,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is Internet connectivity issue.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "my password in it says it's incorrect", are you trying to login as Microsoft Account or Local Account on the computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to check whether caps lock or Num lock in enabled or not while entering the password.

Also I recommend you to enter the password through On-Screen Keyboard. Check if it helps.

1. At the login page.

2. Click on Ease of Access icon which is present at the bottom right corner of the Screen.

3. Then click on On-Screen Keyboard option from the list.

4. Enter the password through On-Screen Keyboard and try to sign in.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with logging into Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 6, 2020
  4. simrick Win User

incorrect password

Hi David and welcome to Tenforums.

Are you logging in with a Microsoft Account on both systems?

simrick, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to log in to Windows 10 - incorrect password - Similar Threads - Unable log incorrect

2. Unable to access Pc windows 10- password incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access Pc windows 10- password incorrect: Can't log into PC. Windows 10Changed password on Microsoft website via phone and also via "I forgot password" on pc log in screen.Both changed successfully, but when trying to log into computer, says password is incorrect.Tried activating hidden administrator account, but...
  3. Unable to access Pc windows 10- password incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access Pc windows 10- password incorrect: Can't log into PC. Windows 10Changed password on Microsoft website via phone and also via "I forgot password" on pc log in screen.Both changed successfully, but when trying to log into computer, says password is incorrect.Tried activating hidden administrator account, but...
  4. Unable to access Pc windows 10- password incorrect

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Windows log-in says password is incorrect when it is not

Windows log-in says password is incorrect when it is not: When trying to log into my PC, Windows prompts me to enter my Microsoft password. After having done that, it does not accept the password and says that it is incorrect. I know that password I entered is correct because I am able to log into my Microsoft account via the...
  6. Minecraft for Windows 10 will not log in/ incorrect password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft for Windows 10 will not log in/ incorrect password: Hello I have just logged into the Microsoft Store and purchased Minecraft for Windows 10 on my win 10 PC. Then from the MS store, I then pressed 'play' Minecraft. I then press 'sign in', it then says 'Use windows hello with your account'. I do not know what this is, but...
  7. Went to Safe Mode. Password is incorrect. unable to Log-in. Please HELP

Went to Safe Mode. Password is incorrect. unable to Log-in. Please HELP: To clean uninstall the graphics driver {AMD RADEON} I used their Clean Up Utility to enter SAFE MODE In the safe mode it asked password and not PIN . I typed my own password only. But it says incorrect. I tried changing password and then the Safe Mode with Networking via...
  8. Windows 10 log on - Password incorrect for all accounts

Windows 10 log on - Password incorrect for all accounts: Hoping someone has an answer for this. I have a Windows 10 machine. It has a corp image, and is on the corp domain. I have the power options set so that it never turns off the display, or goes to sleep. When I leave for the day, I lock the computer. When I return the...
  9. Can not log on. Says password is incorrect.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can not log on. Says password is incorrect.: I can not log onto my computer. The pin logon option does not come up . Only the password. It states my password is wrong. I can not get online to change password....
  10. Incorrect Windows 10 password when logging in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Incorrect Windows 10 password when logging in: Hi guys! I have a very weird problem which I'll try to summarize as clearly as possible. I have upgraded to Win10 from 8.1 using the free upgrade option. Back then I was using the old hotmail account password. Since it was converted to a Microsoft account, Windows says...