Windows 10: Unable to log into Admin account even though no password was created

Discus and support Unable to log into Admin account even though no password was created in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Good day all I followed these instructions this morning to try to install software for my wifi adapter that windows 10 keeps on blocking.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Warren14, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Warren14 Win User

Unable to log into Admin account even though no password was created

Good day all

I followed these instructions this morning to try to install software for my wifi adapter that windows 10 keeps on blocking.
    Administrator account - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums[1]=User%20Accounts
    I logged out of my local account, then logged into my Administrator account.
    After I had logged into my Admin account I realised I still had to take my wife to work.
    Without doing anything in my admin account, I shut my computer down.
    When I got back home I tried to log back into my admin account but kept getting a message "incorrect password"

The problem is I have not set a password for my Admin account.
    I have also tried to use my microsoft password but that doesn't work either.

Apart from turning turning my pc into a projectile, is there anyone that can off me assistance?

:)

Warren14, Sep 29, 2015
  2. Tryx3 Win User

USER PROFILE SERVICE FAILED THE SIGN-IN

What a shame. It seems that you have no choice.

The significance of the failure of the Built-In Admin to be automatically enabled and available at the Safe mode login screen is that the system still believes that your normal Admin account is working correctly [even though you know it is not].

I hope that, when you reinstall, you create an additional [spare] password-protected
    local Admin user account and write the password down somewhere that is secure from loss. If you ever suffer from corruption to your normal Admin account in the future then you would be able to log in to this
    spare account to rescue the situation. Corruption does not generally happen to unused accounts but only to accounts that are being used so this spare account could happily sit there for years waiting for you to need it.

Best of luck,

Denis

Tryx3, Sep 29, 2015
  3. AkilMiki Win User
    I know my online microsoft password, but my local admin password does not correlate with it

I created an admin user and made my original user a local one. As of recent, I could not download any programs, nor could I access my user accounts. So what I did was I "changed my password" on the login page of my computer, and I thought that was that.
    However, each time I changed my passwords and tried to log into the admin account, it said that it was incorrect (and to change the password on the microsoft site), even though I had just changed the password. I'm not sure if the password for my local user
    is the same for my online microsoft account. A bit of background info: I was able to "change" the passcode of this account because I made the username a phone number.

AkilMiki, Sep 29, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

Is your local account also in the Administrators group ? you should be able to install the driver without using the Administrator Account. Just right click on the Installer then select Run as Admin.

Log back into your local account and try to run "System Restore" to previous state before you made the change.

topgundcp, Sep 29, 2015
  5. Warren14 Win User
    I haven't set any user groups but I should have administrator privileges.
    When I try to download it directly from my local account I get this message.

Unable to log into Admin account even though no password was created [​IMG]

Warren14, Sep 29, 2015
  6. topgundcp Win User
    Do you have any anti virus software installed ? That might prevent you from downloading a .exe file

topgundcp, Sep 29, 2015
  7. joya Win User
    Try to disable the UAC and you should be able to download the app without being blocked, assuming that app is free of virus. Here is how to disable the UAC in Windows 10:
    • Open the Control Panel.
    • Go to User Accounts and Family Safety\User Accounts, click on the Change User Account Control settings link.
    • In the User Account Control settings dialog, move the slider to the bottom (Never Notify).
    • Restart your computer for your changes to take effect.

8. Warren14 Win User

I disabled my antivirus, I also went to my firewall setting, told my firewall to let my app through & still get the same message,

I think I have found the problem though.
    I see the digital signature has expired.
    Windows has most probably revoked the software because of this.
    D-Link has discontinued support the DWA 131 wireless usb adapter.

I upgraded from Windows 7 to Win 10 on Friday 25 September & everything was working fine until yesterday.
    I see my cd/dvd drive is also not working now & had to download the software from their website even though I have a disk for it.

Warren14, Sep 29, 2015
  9. Warren14 Win User
    I still receive the same blocked message.

Warren14, Sep 29, 2015
  10. joya Win User
    Hi Warren14! If you install an unsigned device driver on Windows 10/8 64-bit OS, it will cause a blue screen and your system will be unable to boot. But I don't know if this will also happen if you install a driver with an expired digital signature. Make sure you create a system restore point before proceeding to install your driver.

11. Warren14 Win User
    I have created a restore point.
    I am running a windows 10/7 32 bit
    Before I installed Windows 10 I checked my software & windows told me all my software was compatible with Windows 10.

Warren14, Sep 29, 2015
  12. Warren14 Win User
    I managed to delete my administrator account.
    I typed cmd in the search bar.
    Right clicked on it to run as administrator
    enter
    Code: net user administrator /active:no[/quote] to disable your administrator account.
    then type Code: net user administrator [/DELETE][/quote]

the just type "exit" to exit the command prompt

Warren14, Sep 29, 2015
  13. joya Win User

Hi Warren14! The built-in administrator account can be disabled only and it couldn't be deleted any way.
    The second command you executed is also incorrect.
    For example, if you want to delete an account named Joe, you should type:
    Code: net user Joe /del[/quote] To confirm your changes, type the net user command in the Command Prompt to list all existing user accounts. The built-in administrator account will still be there.

14. Warren14 Win User
    If windows has automatically created an administrator password here is how I reset mine.
    Open a command prompt as an administrator.
    Type in this code
    Code: net user administrator *[/quote] You will be prompted for a new password, & re-type it a second time.
    exit the command prompt.
    You can then log out of your local account& log in as an administrator.

Warren14, Oct 2, 2015
  15. Warren14 Win User
    After pulling half my hair out & talking 27 different languages all in one sentence I came across this article.
    How to Circumvent to Install Apps In Windows 10
    Only use this method if you know your software is legitimate & the digital certificate has expired.
    Here are the steps:
    1) Log in to your administrator account
    2) Right click on your start button & select "Command Prompt (Admin)
    3) cd to the folder where where your software is installed.
    4) Install the software.

And that is it.
    Warren

Warren14, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to log into Admin account even though no password was created - Similar Threads - Unable log Admin

2. Unable to change user account from local to Microsoft account even though logged into...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change user account from local to Microsoft account even though logged into...: On one of my PCs with Windows 11 Pro, even though I am logged into my Microsoft account, when I type 'whoami' in a command prompt, it says I am <computer-name`>/local_admin. On all other machines, I get the correct user name as <computer-name>/<microsoft name>. I have looked...
  3. Unable to change user account from local to Microsoft account even though logged into...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change user account from local to Microsoft account even though logged into...: On one of my PCs with Windows 11 Pro, even though I am logged into my Microsoft account, when I type 'whoami' in a command prompt, it says I am <computer-name`>/local_admin. On all other machines, I get the correct user name as <computer-name>/<microsoft name>. I have looked...
  4. Cannot create a password with my admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot create a password with my admin account: I was trying to add a passwod to my account on windows 10 but it needs to be done with an admin account even though i only have one account and is labeled as administrator.thanks in advance fo the help....
  5. Cannot create a password with my admin account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot create a password with my admin account: I was trying to add a passwod to my account on windows 10 but it needs to be done with an admin account even though i only have one account and is labeled as administrator.thanks in advance fo the help....
  6. Cannot create a password with my admin account

7. Unable to log into Microsoft Store or Xbox app because incorrect password even though it is...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to log into Microsoft Store or Xbox app because incorrect password even though it is...: Here is a video that better visualizes my issue. My problem is basically explained in the title. I will answer more specific questions in the comments....
  8. Unable to log into Microsoft Store or Xbox app because incorrect password even though it is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to log into Microsoft Store or Xbox app because incorrect password even though it is...: Here is a video that better visualizes my issue. My problem is basically explained in the title. I will answer more specific questions in the comments....
  9. Unable to log into Microsoft Store or Xbox app because incorrect password even though it is...

10. Cannot log into PC using windows account/password even though the account/password works on...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot log into PC using windows account/password even though the account/password works on...: Cannot log into PC using windows account/password even though the account/password works on other devices Have reset password and can log onto my laptop. The same account is used on my son's PC and we keep getting an "incorrect password" error. We log into safe mode,...