Windows 10: Unable to log into laptop with Microsoft account or PIN after BitLocker restore

Discus and support Unable to log into laptop with Microsoft account or PIN after BitLocker restore in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I’ve encountered a very strange problem that has completely locked me out of my laptop.I left the laptop running idle for a little while and returned... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by BenjaminCouey, Apr 23, 2022.

1. Unable to log into laptop with Microsoft account or PIN after BitLocker restore

I’ve encountered a very strange problem that has completely locked me out of my laptop.I left the laptop running idle for a little while and returned to see the screen was black. I figured it was in sleep mode and pressed a few keys. Nothing happened so I tried the power button. Still nothing so I forced a restart by holding the power button for 5 seconds.When the computer turned back on, I was met with BitLocker, something I had never seen before. Following the instructions I got my BitLocker recovery key by logging into my Microsoft account. I had to reset my password using the attached emai

:)

BenjaminCouey, Apr 23, 2022

2. PIN sign in for Microsoft Account

Hi Irene,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• How are you trying to change the password?
    • Have you logged in to your account and trying to set the PIN?
    I would suggest you to switch to child account and then try to set a 4 digit PIN from here and check if it works.

Please do get back to us with the answers to assist you better with issue you are facing.

ThofikhAhamad, Apr 23, 2022
  3. PIN sign in for Microsoft Account

I am using the Microsoft account page under family members. In this section where it shows my Grand Daughters Account details there is no option to have a Pin Code, However on my page, as Administrator, I can create a Pin.

IreneHeald, Apr 23, 2022
  4. Unable to log into laptop with Microsoft account or PIN after BitLocker restore

Unable to log in with a PIN

Hi Scott,

Using a PIN is easier to memorize than a long password. However, issues like this can emerge due to corrupted user profile or there are missing files on your user account folder. If the PIN and password will not work, deleting files in the
    Ngc folder can help. To do that, you can follow these steps:

Step #1: Delete the Ngc folder.

• Use your password to log in to Windows 10.
    • Open File Explorer and paste this in the URL box:

C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft.
    • Right click Ngc folder and choose Properties.
    • Navigate to Security tab and click on Advanced button.
    • Locate the Owner section at the top and click Change link.
    • Enter the object name to select enter Administrators, if you’re using administrator account, or your user name and click
      Check Names and click OK.
    • Check Replace owner on subcontainers and objects and click Apply and OK. Now you should be able to access the
      Ngc folder.
    • Open Ngc folder, select all files and folders in it and delete them.

Step #2: Start creating a new PIN.

After you’ve deleted everything from Ngc folder, you can create new PIN for your Windows 10 device by doing these steps:

• Go to Settings app, then Account Settings.
    • Choose Sign-in Options and click Add a
      PIN
    • Follow the instruction to add a new PIN.
    • Test your PIN using the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • If you cannot find the Command Prompt Admin, you can enable it using Command Prompt and typing net user
      administrator /active:yes
    • After enabling built-in administrator account, you may logon and try resetting the password of the account which is not working. You may disable it later once you are done by entering net user
      administrator /active:no in
      Command Prompt
      . You can use this also if you want to change passwords or
      PINs in other User Accounts.

Let us know if you have questions on the above steps or other queries.

Johann Eva, Apr 23, 2022
Thema:

Unable to log into laptop with Microsoft account or PIN after BitLocker restore

1. Unable to log into laptop with Microsoft account or PIN after BitLocker restore - Similar Threads - Unable log laptop

2. Unable to Log into Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Log into Microsoft Account: I hope you're all doing well.I'm having some trouble logging into my Microsoft account and could really use some assistance.Here's the situation: I've tried all my usual passwords, but none of them seem to be working. So, I went through the account recovery process and...
  3. Unable to Log into Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Log into Microsoft Account: I hope you're all doing well.I'm having some trouble logging into my Microsoft account and could really use some assistance.Here's the situation: I've tried all my usual passwords, but none of them seem to be working. So, I went through the account recovery process and...
  4. Unable to log into my laptop with my Microsoft account

Unable to log into my laptop with my Microsoft account: This message pops up on my Logon screen " Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again" When I click on "Set up my PIN" nothing happens. I crashed my OS my pressing down the power button when OS start loading twice, on the restore pc option,...
  5. Unable to log into my laptop with my Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to log into my laptop with my Microsoft account: This message pops up on my Logon screen " Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again" When I click on "Set up my PIN" nothing happens. I crashed my OS my pressing down the power button when OS start loading twice, on the restore pc option,...
  6. Unable to log into laptop with Microsoft account or PIN after BitLocker restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to log into laptop with Microsoft account or PIN after BitLocker restore: I’ve encountered a very strange problem that has completely locked me out of my laptop.I left the laptop running idle for a little while and returned to see the screen was black. I figured it was in sleep mode and pressed a few keys. Nothing happened so I tried the power...
  7. Unable to log into laptop with Microsoft account or PIN after BitLocker restore

Unable to log into laptop with Microsoft account or PIN after BitLocker restore: I’ve encountered a very strange problem that has completely locked me out of my laptop.I left the laptop running idle for a little while and returned to see the screen was black. I figured it was in sleep mode and pressed a few keys. Nothing happened so I tried the power...
  8. Unable to log into Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to log into Microsoft account: Hi had some problems a while ago and reinstalled windows and created a local account. I am now unable to log into my microsoft account. I can log in automatically in chrome. My microsoft account does ot show up under accounts but i can click on a link saying log into...
  9. Unable to log into Microsoft account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to log into Microsoft account.: Hi had some problems a while ago and reinstalled windows and created a local account. I am now unable to log into my microsoft account. I can log in automatically in chrome. My microsoft account does ot show up under accounts but i can click on a link saying log into...
  10. Unable to log in into Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to log in into Microsoft Account: I am trying to Log in to My Microsoft account , Already Tried Reseting Password Lot of The times, But A Display Comes Which says Follownig Details: Sign into this computer using your Microsoft account Next time you sign into this computer, use your Microsoft account...