Windows 10: Unable to log into My Microsoft Account/My password not recognized

Discus and support Unable to log into My Microsoft Account/My password not recognized in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Just installed windows 10 Update (May, 2019) on my Dell laptop. All of my shortcuts on my desktop were duplicated with only one of each pair that... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SheilaBlackburn, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Unable to log into My Microsoft Account/My password not recognized

Just installed windows 10 Update (May, 2019) on my Dell laptop. All of my shortcuts on my desktop were duplicated with only one of each pair that actually worked. I could not delete or move the useless shortcuts. Microsoft support online recommendation was to re-boot my laptop in "Safe Mode" and then proceed to delete the useless shortcuts. I re-booted my laptop and the only screen that appears is the login screen with my name and I am prompted to enter my password. I have tried my current password and it was considered incorrect. I reset my password and it too was not recognized. I tried all of my previous passwords and they too were considered incorrect. I am able to log into my Microsoft account on my Desktop PC with no issues. Nothing that has been suggested has worked. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

SheilaBlackburn, Jul 8, 2019

2. Unable to set up Microsoft Account

Hi CrossFitDerek,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to know that you are unable to set up Microsoft account on Windows 10.

Do not worry, will assist you with the issue.

• Are you able to log into Microsoft account online?
    • What error message you receive when you enter the new password?
    I suggest you to try the steps provided, in the link below.

Sign in with a Microsoft account:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-microsoft-account

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jul 8, 2019
  3. account password change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed in your computer?

2. Are you using a Microsoft Account to log into your computer?

To open System Properties and check the version of Windows, follow the steps below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button+R).

2. In the dialog box type control system and hit enter.

If you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your system and you are unable to change the password, then I would suggest that you sign in online and change your password. Follow the steps below to do so.

• 1. Click on the link below to open the Microsoft site, and then select
      Security & privacy.
    Microsoft account | Sign In or Create Your Account Today – Microsoft

• Select Change password.

• Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.

• Select Save.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 8, 2019
  4. John Fer Win User

Unable to log into My Microsoft Account/My password not recognized

Microsoft password not accepted to log into computer account

Hello,

If you can’t remember your Microsoft account password, you always have the option to reset it for you to be able to log in to your Windows. We suggest following the steps provided on this
    article to help you sign in to your account and to your Windows 10 device.

Let us know if this works for you.

John Fer, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

Unable to log into My Microsoft Account/My password not recognized

1. Unable to log into My Microsoft Account/My password not recognized - Similar Threads - Unable log Microsoft

2. Unable to log into my laptop with my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to log into my laptop with my Microsoft account: This message pops up on my Logon screen " Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again" When I click on "Set up my PIN" nothing happens. I crashed my OS my pressing down the power button when OS start loading twice, on the restore pc option,...
  3. Unable to log into my laptop with my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to log into my laptop with my Microsoft account: This message pops up on my Logon screen " Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again" When I click on "Set up my PIN" nothing happens. I crashed my OS my pressing down the power button when OS start loading twice, on the restore pc option,...
  4. Unable to log into my laptop with my Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. My Microsoft account is not recognized !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Microsoft account is not recognized !: Hello ! Please help me .. I tried to replace my Microsoft account , I completed all the steps . but when last 2/3 steps were remaining Microsoft asked me " For security purposes, please enter the Microsoft account for which you're replacing the security info." and i entered...
  6. My Microsoft account is not recognized !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft account is not recognized !: Hello ! Please help me .. I tried to replace my Microsoft account , I completed all the steps . but when last 2/3 steps were remaining Microsoft asked me " For security purposes, please enter the Microsoft account for which you're replacing the security info." and i entered...
  7. I have logged in to my Microsoft account and changed the password but can’t log on to my...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have logged in to my Microsoft account and changed the password but can’t log on to my...: My windows laptop shows up as a device on my microsoft account, but I cant log on to my laptop using my microsoft password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-logged-in-to-my-microsoft-account-and/7b606d9e-a86f-46e9-9d93-9b79a9e989d0
  8. I'm unable to log into my account on the microsoft store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I'm unable to log into my account on the microsoft store.: [ATTACH] I receive this error whenever attempt to sign in on to the windows store on my laptop. also if it helps when I try to log in though the settings the part where it should load my account is stuck in an infinite loading screen saying "Please wait" Please and...
  9. Unable to log in to my microsoft account anywhere in my PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to log in to my microsoft account anywhere in my PC: Hello, I have quite serious problem with my Microsoft account. I can't connect anywhere in Windows - in Microsoft store, Apps such as Your phone, Feedback hub etc. Everytime I click on Log in button, it appears that I didn't click anything. Without any response. Nothing...
  10. My Microsoft password is 'too long' to log into my Xbox account....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My Microsoft password is 'too long' to log into my Xbox account....: My Microsoft account is 17 units long, but the login on the xbox only allows for a maximum of 16. I want to give Microsoft the benifit of the doubt here but holy crap if this is an actual thing then its incredibly stupid. Thanks in advanced....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft account not recognized

2. my microsoft account is not recognised

3. windows sign in passowrd not recognised microsoft account

4. microsoft account password not recognised,
  5. windows account not recognised,
  6. micrsooft account unable to login in security info changed