Windows 10: UNABLE TO LOG INTO MY MICROSOFT ACCOUNT NOW USING LOCAL A/C ACCOUNT TO GET BY

Discus and support UNABLE TO LOG INTO MY MICROSOFT ACCOUNT NOW USING LOCAL A/C ACCOUNT TO GET BY in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am using a SP4 /WIN 10 2004, and MSO2016. Upgraded to V2004 last week and have been unable to log into my microsoft A/C using my outlook... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Khunkiwi, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Khunkiwi Win User

UNABLE TO LOG INTO MY MICROSOFT ACCOUNT NOW USING LOCAL A/C ACCOUNT TO GET BY

I am using a SP4 /WIN 10 2004, and MSO2016. Upgraded to V2004 last week and have been unable to log into my microsoft A/C using my outlook address.Followed the instructions re password change etc. Note that I can log into this account from my phone and another address created at @outlook.com. I would prefer to use my M/S account for ease of sync on other devices. I have checked the group policy and the block microsoft is disabled. I cant see my CRL stored identity but I do see my new @outlook.com address there. I have set the enableLUA key to 1 from 0. I have looked at the profile list via the registry and I see that there are three profiles with my user name in there. I am not sure which one is potentially dysfunctional. I dont know how to check the date of these registry entries and so I don't want to delete them as other stuff might be affected. I really dont want to start with a refreshed W10 as I have a lot of other 3rd party software installed.. Hope you can review my problem and assist.. Antivirus software vipre is not the issue. Meantime I can get by with a local account. i msee on the net that I am not the only one with this issue. Looking forward to yr response Kind regards,

* [Move from Thai forum]

:)

Khunkiwi, Aug 20, 2020
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

Just simply log in with your Microsoft Account.
    Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Just go back to using a local account:
    Switch to Local Account in Windows 10

Hopefully the tutorials are step by step enough.

NavyLCDR, Aug 20, 2020
  3. needsleep Win User
    register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

I bought a used laptop running Win 10 Pro. winver reports 1809.
    How do I register my PC with my Microsoft account?
    But when I'm done, I'd like to use my local account each time to log in.
    Please tell me how to do that.
    I am very new at Win 10, and need step by step instructions.

Thanks,

needsleep, Aug 20, 2020
  4. UNABLE TO LOG INTO MY MICROSOFT ACCOUNT NOW USING LOCAL A/C ACCOUNT TO GET BY

Switch Back to Existing Local Account from Microsoft Account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest that you follow the steps below and check if you can log into your computer using the Local Account.

• On the Search Bar type “User Account”.
      • On the right menu pane locate and click “Make changes to my account in this PC”.
      • Then locate and click on “Sign in With a Local Account instead”.
      • And follow on screen instructions.
    Hope this information is helpful.

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 20, 2020
Thema:

UNABLE TO LOG INTO MY MICROSOFT ACCOUNT NOW USING LOCAL A/C ACCOUNT TO GET BY

1. UNABLE TO LOG INTO MY MICROSOFT ACCOUNT NOW USING LOCAL A/C ACCOUNT TO GET BY - Similar Threads - UNABLE LOG MICROSOFT

2. Unable to log into Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to log into Microsoft account: Hi had some problems a while ago and reinstalled windows and created a local account. I am now unable to log into my microsoft account. I can log in automatically in chrome. My microsoft account does ot show up under accounts but i can click on a link saying log into...
  3. Unable to log into Microsoft account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to log into Microsoft account.: Hi had some problems a while ago and reinstalled windows and created a local account. I am now unable to log into my microsoft account. I can log in automatically in chrome. My microsoft account does ot show up under accounts but i can click on a link saying log into...
  4. Using my local account login information to log into a Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Using my local account login information to log into a Microsoft account: I have multiple windows 10 computers that were set up many years ago. When I originally set them up I used a local account instead of a Microsoft account. Somehow over time that account got linked to my Microsoft account and gives me the advantages of using additional...
  5. Unable to log into my Windows 10 local account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to log into my Windows 10 local account: Hi, I activated my Windows 10 using my email account not Microsoft and created the first user using this email. This email is tied to the Office 365 account. Then I wanted to create a local admin user, but for some reason whenever I try to login with this other user I do...
  6. register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    register PC with microsoft; use local account to log in: I bought a used laptop running Win 10 Pro. winver reports 1809. How do I register my PC with my Microsoft account? But when I'm done, I'd like to use my local account each time to log in. Please tell me how to do that. I am very new at Win 10, and need step by step...
  7. Unable to convert Microsoft account to Local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to convert Microsoft account to Local account: Hi, I accidentally trnafered my local user account on Windows 10 and signed in to a Microsoft account instead , I have tried to remove the Microsoft account and go back to a local but there is no option to and the account is a child account and there is no option in the...
  8. Local account login changed to Microsoft Account so unable to log in

Local account login changed to Microsoft Account so unable to log in: I would like help solving a mystery. I set up a new Dell Optiplex 3020 which shipped with Windows 10 Pro. I bypassed the option to set up the user with a Microsoft Account (The owner does not have a microsoft account and I did not create one at that time.) and set up a...
  9. Unable to link Microsoft Account to my Local Account

Unable to link Microsoft Account to my Local Account: Hi all, When I click on the link to associate my Microsoft Account to my Local Account (after upgrading from Windows 7), it simply does nothing. Click, click, click. Similarly, when I try to log in the Windows store app, I get an application error with cryptic codes...
  10. Can I use Local Account to log in but Microsoft Account for Store

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I use Local Account to log in but Microsoft Account for Store: Title says it all. I like to boot up and log in with no password but I want to use my Microsoft account when I am fooling with store apps. Is this possible? 14892