Windows 10: Unable to log into my work email on the Mail Windows App

Discus and support Unable to log into my work email on the Mail Windows App in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I have a local account on my Surface Laptop 2. I'd like to access my work email via the mail app, and I have all the IMAP information for this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CharlieWebb, Nov 2, 2022.

1. Unable to log into my work email on the Mail Windows App

Hello,I have a local account on my Surface Laptop 2. I'd like to access my work email via the mail app, and I have all the IMAP information for this account. When I try to sign in using the "Add Account" window in Mail, I enter all the details and then click next, and the wheels turn but it never progresses. It either gets stuck on "Looking for your settings" or "Creating Account". Does this have anything to do with my only having logged in using a local account to this laptop? How can I fix this?

:)

CharlieWebb, Nov 2, 2022

2. unable to see email in Mail App

Hi Chris,

Did you check for any pending updates on your Computer? If not, I suggest you to check for any pending updates as in the above reply and install the updates if there are any pending.

Also, did you try all the troubleshooting steps in the article given above? If not, I suggest you to try the steps explained in the article and check if the issue is resolved.

If the issue still persist, even after trying all the troubleshooting steps provided above, I would suggest you
    to uninstall and reinstall the mail app and check if the issue can be resolved.

Follow the below steps to uninstall and reinstall the mail app.

• Type Windows PowerShell in the search box and
      right click on Windows PowerShell and select
      Run as administrator

• Type get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage on the PowerShell command window and press Enter.

• Now, you may re-install the
      Mail App
      from the Windows Store. To install Mail App from Windows Store, Go to
      Windows Store from start menu, and type
      Mail App
      in the search bar, then click on Install.

Hope you can see the emails in the mail App.

Get back to us if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Nov 2, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Unable to log into my work email on the Mail Windows App :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 2, 2022
  4. Unable to log into my work email on the Mail Windows App

Windows 10: Mail App is not working properly.

Hi Eddie,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to

• When you say that "mail ending in outlook.com", have you configured new Oultook.com
    • How many account are configured in the Mail app?
    • Is the email address in the Mail app as same as Microsoft Account with which you have logged in?
    • Are you logged in as Microsoft Account or Local Account?
    • When you say that "my old mail from this account", have you configured as POP 3 or IMAP account in the Windows Live Mail?

Please get back to us with an update on issue with sending and receiving emails through Mail app, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 2, 2022
Thema:

Unable to log into my work email on the Mail Windows App

1. Unable to log into my work email on the Mail Windows App - Similar Threads - Unable log email

2. Unable to log into my work email on the Mail Windows App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to log into my work email on the Mail Windows App: Hello,I have a local account on my Surface Laptop 2. I'd like to access my work email via the mail app, and I have all the IMAP information for this account. When I try to sign in using the "Add Account" window in Mail, I enter all the details and then click next, and the...
  3. Windows Mail, Email Log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail, Email Log in: When I attempt to log into Windows Mail I use my Email address and Password. Mail says that these are incorrect. but they are !! The same problem exists with Outlook Mail. This problem has gone on for months.Thanks for your helpLou...
  4. Windows Mail, Email Log in

Windows Mail, Email Log in: When I attempt to log into Windows Mail I use my Email address and Password. Mail says that these are incorrect. but they are !! The same problem exists with Outlook Mail. This problem has gone on for months.Thanks for your helpLou...
  5. Unable to see emails in Mail app

Unable to see emails in Mail app: I have been using windows 10 and Windows Mail for emailing for years. I have about 35 mail boxes into which a save email messages I wish to keep. Suddenly, they have all been emptied and the contents not visible. The message says "Nothing has arrived yet". What has caused...
  6. Unable to log in to Windows Live Mail

Unable to log in to Windows Live Mail: Hi Team I am unable to log in to Windows Live Mail. When i try to sign in, it gives an error: To help protect your online ID account you must sign in again. I also unable to view any of my messages even though i can receive them. While viewing any emails, i am getting an...
  7. Unable to send emails from Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to send emails from Windows 10 Mail app: My Windows 10 Livemail sends all my outgoing emails to Outbox. Optusnet email is working on internet (webmail) and tests on Windows 10 has provided messages that all settings are correct. Any ideas on what is going wrong here?? ***Original title: Sending emails from...
  8. Mail App unable to send emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail App unable to send emails: every time I attempt to send an email using the windows 10 mail app I get this email in return We weren't able to send this message, so we've put it in your Drafts folder. Before you try sending it again, you can check to see if the address is correct and that no...
  9. Failed attempts to log into email through the mailing app.

Failed attempts to log into email through the mailing app.: I just bought a new computer and have been trying to login to my gmail account through the window's mailing app. When I go through the process of submitting my login information, a window pops up and says "Something went wrong, we're sorry, but we weren't able to do that....
  10. Unable to send receive email in Mail app

Unable to send receive email in Mail app: I updated by system to Windows 10 1803. Now I am unable to send receive email on Mail App. Need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/unable-to-send-receive-email-in-mail-app/d190fb66-aae7-4d31-9820-4d94e89f170c