Windows 10: Unable to log into windows 10 computer

Discus and support Unable to log into windows 10 computer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just pulled out an old pc i had laying around, and i realized that i forgot the password to the computer. I tried to connect to wifi and use my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by lisabluish, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Unable to log into windows 10 computer

I just pulled out an old pc i had laying around, and i realized that i forgot the password to the computer. I tried to connect to wifi and use my microsoft password, but I just get an error that says that i was unable to log in, and to go to account.live.com to fix it. I looked and saw that the pc was no longer registered to my account. I tried to reset the pc all together using shift+restart, but when it reboots and powers back on, it asks what i want to reset, but my keyboard and mouse stop working. Overall, i would just like to get into my computer

:)

lisabluish, Apr 11, 2020
  2. MattCroft Win User

Unable to log into computer

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the suggestion, though I am unable to preform the clean boot as I need to be logged into the computer to preform it. I am still unable to log in.

Thanks,

Matt

MattCroft, Apr 11, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 11, 2020
  4. Unable to log into windows 10 computer

Sometimes unable to log in

Hi,

To troubleshoot you concern, we recommend you to start your computer in safe mode, then perform clean boot after. Refer to the links below for steps:

After performing a clean boot, follow the steps under the section How to reset the computer to start normally after a clean boot troubleshooting.

If the suggestions above will not work, you can follow the troubleshooting steps found on this

link

Regarding your pin concern, we suggest you to refer to Jessen P's
    suggestions on April 25, 2015 found on this
    link

Update us on the result.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

Unable to log into windows 10 computer

1. Unable to log into windows 10 computer - Similar Threads - Unable log computer

2. Unable to log into my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to log into my computer.: I am having similar issue. I have changed my password but still unable to log into my computer. I have not used it for awhile so not sure what the issue is. I have tried all the trouble shooting but still unable to log. It is telling me to change my password which i have...
  3. Unable to log into computer after reset, Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to log into computer after reset, Windows 10: We recently purchased a used laptop from my workplace, which was connected to my work user profile. To set it up for personal use, I have reset the computer, choosing to remove all files and install from local drive install from cloud did not work. Following this reset I am...
  4. Unable to log into computer after reset, Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to log into computer after reset, Windows 10: We recently purchased a used laptop from my workplace, which was connected to my work user profile. To set it up for personal use, I have reset the computer, choosing to remove all files and install from local drive install from cloud did not work. Following this reset I am...
  5. Unable to log into computer after reset, Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. unable to log in to my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to log in to my computer: fail to log in to my computer, but when it asks me to set up one, it says something's wrong and asks to try again, yet when i press skip this step, it reloads to the original page again which tells me to lock in all over again. i saw the method of pressing window button + I...
  7. Unable to log in my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to log in my computer: Keeps asking me to create a damn PIN over and over and when I push skip it says welcome for about 20 minutes then it kicks me back to the login screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-log-in-my-computer/3eda56f0-e703-4586-8c78-5184581ef60d
  8. unable to log into computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    unable to log into computer: i usually use my finger print to sign in but all of a sudden it requires a pin to log in too and i forgot my pin. i went to make a new one but it says that ‘We weren’t able to set up PIN. You can try again, or skip this step and set up a PIN later’. the problem is i cannot...
  9. Unable to log into Windows 10 computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to log into Windows 10 computer: I am having trouble logging into my Windows 10 computer. I am currently using an old Windows 7 computer. I was having problems with some programs taking 3-5 minutes to load. I thought I would look for a cause. I saw a diagnostic mode and switched to that. Since doing so I...
  10. Unable to log into computer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to log into computer.: Hope all is well. I'm unable to log onto my laptop. When I turn my computer on and click the internet Icon to connect so I can use my password for entry Microsoft requirement the only option is given is airplane mode. I've tried using an Ethernet plugging it directly into the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft unable to log into laptop