Windows 10: Unable to log on at lock screen

Discus and support Unable to log on at lock screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a new notebook/laptop (JDW). When I first started with it from new, it all went well. Used my log on password on lock screen. Went fine for a... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Graham Laughlan, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Unable to log on at lock screen

I have a new notebook/laptop (JDW). When I first started with it from new, it all went well. Used my log on password on lock screen. Went fine for a couple of days, until the notebook decided to do the v1809 update. From then all I get is "wrong password". At the bottom right of the screen it tells me I have no internet access, which I have.

It seems the that the update has screwed something. As I cannot get on at all and no internet available for the device, what can I do?

Please help.

:)

Graham Laughlan, Nov 26, 2018
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Nov 26, 2018
  3. unable to change the lock screen Wallpaper.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Are you facing issues while trying to change the lock screen Wallpaper?

• Are you not able to choose the directory where the wallpapers has been saved?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to restart the computer and check if you are able to successfully change the lock screen wallpaper.

• From Desktop, right click and select
      Personalize

• In Personalization window, click on
      Lock Screen
      in the left pane.

• And choose wallpaper you would like to apply for the lock screen by choosing the browse option.

• Close the Personalization window.
    If the issue still persists, please do reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Unable to log on at lock screen

Windows 10 stuck at lock screen, unable to enter password

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know the following to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Are you trying to log-in using Microsoft account or local account?
    • Are you trying to enter pin or password?

Assuming that this issue might be because of keyboard, I suggest you to use on-screen keyboard from the lock screen and check if it helps.

Steps: From the lock screen, click on Ease of access and click on On-screen keyboard.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information. We will be happy to assist you further accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Unable to log on at lock screen

1. Unable to log on at lock screen - Similar Threads - Unable log lock

2. Log In Screen locked on my Laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Log In Screen locked on my Laptop: Help! Just got a new laptop with Windows 10. Trying to get set up. Logged off and when I went to log back in an old log in screen from another computer I had came up asking for my pin. That screen has been inactive for a long time so I don't know the pin. It also asked...
  3. Lock Screen time wrong unable to log in as Family time is up

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lock Screen time wrong unable to log in as Family time is up: Bit of a good one here, Daughters Surface is 2 days out ie is showing Saturday 20 March 1900 when its Monday 22 March 1750 We are unable to log on, Though the box to request more family time is there the request to extend doesn't get sent. If removed family settings on my...
  4. unable to log into startup screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to log into startup screen: I did a Windows update to my computer last night and when it was done, I could not log into the startup screen. It said my password was incorrect. This has happened many times already and I have to go in and undo the updates, then I am able to log in with the password....
  5. Locked on blurry log in screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Locked on blurry log in screen: Win 10 suddenly wont let me log in. stops at blurry log in screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-on-blurry-log-in-screen/23053dc8-2992-41a1-9b69-3e4b2430b5a9
  6. Can’t Log Into Account At The Lock Screen

Can’t Log Into Account At The Lock Screen: This has been a persistent problem that has been bugging me lately. I had tried logging into one of my Windows accounts on my desktop, but it says I cannot log in. I have tried to reboot the desktop, change my account’s password, and looked online for help - practically...
  7. Unable to sign in at lock screen

Unable to sign in at lock screen: I recently updated the windows 10 on my laptop but I am now unable to log back in. I had face ID and a pin set up but when it tries to use the face id it says “before u can start using windows hello, you must set up a PIN”. This is confusing as i did have a pin set up but now...
  8. Unable to log back into domain after screen lock (Clicking Switch User, then logging in works)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to log back into domain after screen lock (Clicking Switch User, then logging in works): We have seen a weird issue on our domain where users are unable to log back into their machine using their domain credentials after their screen locks. The work around for this is for them to click switch user and then login. However, we need to figure out why this is...
  9. Seperate log-in and lock screen backgrounds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Seperate log-in and lock screen backgrounds: I do not want to copy my lock-screen to my log-in screen. I want to place a different image on each one. There are numerous sites on the web telling us how to make the log-in screen appear on the lock screen ( or the other way round - I can never remember which is which, but...
  10. Unable to customize Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to customize Lock Screen: I was hoping I could change the image on the lock screen, but it still appears not to work - when I select a new image I just get a spinning cursor in the preview screen. Is anyone having a luck customizing the Lock Screen image, if so how do you do it? 19910