Windows 10: Unable to log on to xbox games

Discus and support Unable to log on to xbox games in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After the last Windows 10 update I am no longer able to log in to xbox games on my computer. It works for the Microsoft Casual Games AbrasiveTooth39,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LoriWaite, May 11, 2020.

1. LoriWaite Win User

Unable to log on to xbox games

After the last Windows 10 update I am no longer able to log in to xbox games on my computer. It works for the Microsoft Casual Games AbrasiveTooth39, but not for anything else. Plese help!

I have tried multiple ways to figure this out but I'm not an expert...and don't want to screw anything up on my system. Can someone explain to me why I can no longer log in.

Thank you,

LW

:)

LoriWaite, May 11, 2020
  2. Ariel Acu Win User

remove game data from xbox game in windows 10

I appreciate your reply. It seems that the game progress was saved to your Xbox account associated on your computer that's why you can't play the game from the beginning. I recommend that you remove the account on your computer by performing the following
    steps:

1. Press the Windows icon, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Under Email & app accounts, click the Microsoft account, then click Remove.

I also suggest that you reset the Xbox app on your computer so that we could ensure that no account is linked to it. To get started, kindly follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Go to Apps.
    3. Under Apps & features, locate the Xbox app.
    4. Click the Xbox app, then select Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset.

Let us know if that works for you. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Ariel Acu, May 11, 2020
  3. xwray Win User
    Unable to remove xbox game bar which appeared after 1903 update?

Thanks for the suggestion but no joy. Here is what Power Shell says about it...

Unable to log on to xbox games [​IMG]

xwray, May 11, 2020
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

Log-in Failed in Xbox in Asphalt 8 Airborne Game

Hi Soumyadip Dan,

Failure to authenticate your account on your computer is the possible reason why you're getting this error message when playing your game. Let's try to isolate this issue so that we could find a way to get this fixed. Kindly provide us the following information:

• Are you getting this error message on other games on your computer?
    • Can you check if you can be able to sign in on the Xbox app?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, I recommend that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Solution 1: Reset the Windows Store to clear the Store cache.

1. Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
    2. Click on Command prompt (Admin).   
    3. Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.   
    4. Launch the game.

Solution 2: Reset the Xbox app and Asphalt.

1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then click the Settings icon.
    2. Select System, and then select
      Apps & features
    3. Find the game and Xbox app, and then click on
      Advanced
      options.
    4. Click Reset.
    5. Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
    6. Sign in to Xbox app, then launch the game from there.

Keep us posted with the result. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Ariel Acu, May 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to log on to xbox games - Similar Threads - Unable log xbox

2. Unable to install Xbox Gaming Services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install Xbox Gaming Services: Hey Microsoft Support, For the life of me, I can't get past the installation of Gaming Services in the Xbox app. I've tried to Repair and Reset both Microsoft Store as well as Xbox app from System Settings, for starters. Some other answers in the communities section had...
  3. Unable to install Xbox Gaming Services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install Xbox Gaming Services: Hey Microsoft Support, For the life of me, I can't get past the installation of Gaming Services in the Xbox app. I've tried to Repair and Reset both Microsoft Store as well as Xbox app from System Settings, for starters. Some other answers in the communities section had...
  4. Unable to open game through Xbox app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open game through Xbox app: I downloaded the Halo: Master Chief Collection through the Xbox app, but when I tried opening it, it would just open Microsoft Game Services on the Microsoft store. After looking up a solution online, I went into app settings and reset the application, which should just...
  5. Unable to download certain games on Xbox App or Microsoft games store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download certain games on Xbox App or Microsoft games store: Hi there, I am trying to download No Man's Sky onto my computer via both the microsoft and xbox gaming app. I am able to download other games Sea of Theives, Moonlighter with no issue, but others such as no mans sky either do nothing when trying in microsoft app or Error...
  6. Can't log in xbox in game Ark survival evolved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log in xbox in game Ark survival evolved: In the XBOX app logging in is working, but when we start Ark Survival Evolved we get the message that we can't login in Xbox live. How can we fix this? [ATTACH]...
  7. Unable to log in to Xbox Game Bar after de-bloating

Unable to log in to Xbox Game Bar after de-bloating: I recently ran a de-bloating software to get rid of most of the extra applications that came preinstalled with my copy of Windows 10 Pro, however, I believe it may have removed necessary Xbox Live Networking keys from the registry. I cannot open anything in the Game Bar...
  8. Can't log in to game bar or xbox app

Can't log in to game bar or xbox app: Hi, Both the xbox app and gamebar wont let me sign in. When I click the sign in button on either app nothing happens. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, tried the troubleshoot feature, and repair, but nothing seems to work. Not sure if it could be related but I factory...
  9. Unable to log in to microsoft store and games that use xbox live

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to log in to microsoft store and games that use xbox live: Hello, I can't login to my Microsoft account in the store and I tried it with the xbox app. The xbox console companion app said: "We were unable to sign in to Xbox Live" and "A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated." The store app...
  10. XBOX Game Pass for PC App - Unable to Login / No Games Are Playable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX Game Pass for PC App - Unable to Login / No Games Are Playable: Hi. I have a few issues that may or may not be linked to my login issue. 1) I can login to everything (i.e. the Windows store) however I cannot login to the XBOX Game Pass App. When I click sign-in, it just 'refreshes' the page back to the main page. 2) Whenever I load a...