Windows 10: Unable to log onto Laptop

Discus and support Unable to log onto Laptop in Cortana to solve the problem; I purchased an EVOO 10.1" Ultra Thin Laptop, Quad Core Processor, 2GB Memory, 32GB Storage, Mini HDMI, Front Camera, Windows 10 Home, for my daughter... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by K.Acres, Jan 6, 2020.

1. K.Acres Win User

Unable to log onto Laptop

K.Acres, Jan 6, 2020

2. Unable to log into laptop after changing password.

Hi Marty,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it could be and we appreciate the time and effort that you have taken to work this issue. However, in order to get clarity, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. Were you using the “Old email (account) address” regardless of not using laptop?
    2. Are both the email addresses linked?
    3. Could you please let us know, where exactly you get prompt for the password for the “Old email address” in the desktop?
    4. What is the exact error message you get when you try to log in to laptop?
    5. Does your desktop has two user profiles?

In the meantime, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check.

You would need to have internet connection in laptop, so that the password change could get updated and it seems that the laptop is not connected to the internet, we would suggest you to connect Ethernet cable to laptop and then
    try logging in to the laptop with the new password for the old email address.

We await your response.

Manjunath_H, Jan 6, 2020
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Unable to log onto Laptop

Sometimes unable to log in

Hi,

To troubleshoot you concern, we recommend you to start your computer in safe mode, then perform clean boot after. Refer to the links below for steps:

After performing a clean boot, follow the steps under the section How to reset the computer to start normally after a clean boot troubleshooting.

If the suggestions above will not work, you can follow the troubleshooting steps found on this

link

Regarding your pin concern, we suggest you to refer to Jessen P's
    suggestions on April 25, 2015 found on this
    link

Update us on the result.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Unable to log onto Laptop

1. Unable to log onto Laptop - Similar Threads - Unable log onto

2. Unable to log into laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to log into laptop: An individual I am being generous by identifying them as "An individual" called me and said they were from HP and said I purchased a five-year security plan about two years ago. Now I am an old man that is losing his memory but I am still in the here and now but I do remember...
  3. Unable to log into laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to log into laptop: An individual I am being generous by identifying them as "An individual" called me and said they were from HP and said I purchased a five-year security plan about two years ago. Now I am an old man that is losing his memory but I am still in the here and now but I do remember...
  4. Unable to log in laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to log in laptop: This is the message I get when trying to log in. Whenever I click Set up my PIN I am able to go through all the steps to set up a new PIN, but then it will not let me. It then gives me the option to skip that step and I am able to get into my account as usual. I have to go...
  5. Unable to log on to laptop

Unable to log on to laptop: Windows won’t open on my laptop. It’s asking for a pin or prompting me to sign into my Microsoft account which I have never done. When I sign in I don’t remember my password as it’s a very old email. When I get it to send the code to my recovery email I don’t receive the...
  6. Unable to log on to laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to log on to laptop: Windows won’t open on my laptop. It’s asking for a pin or prompting me to sign into my Microsoft account which I have never done. When I sign in I don’t remember my password as it’s a very old email. When I get it to send the code to my recovery email I don’t receive the...
  7. Unable to log into laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to log into laptop: I have tried everything and still unable to log in to my laptop. Only one user so I do not have that option. This has been an issue for two days now. This sign in option is disabled because of failed sign in attempts or repeated shutdowns. At this point I would even be...
  8. Unable to log onto network computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to log onto network computer: I am unable to log onto my second Win 10 computer. I am using the same credentials I use to log on directly but they are not working from the other computer....
  9. Unable to log in to Laptop

Unable to log in to Laptop: I opened my computer to log in with my password. I keep getting “Incorrect Password.” The password is correct. I hit “show password” and I’m seeing my correct password. This just happened out of nowhere. I was using it 30 min before this happened. I shut down my computer the...
  10. Unable to log onto PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to log onto PC: Hi! For the last couple of days my PC with Windows 10 has been experiencing problems with my password used to log onto the PC. Yesterday i was for example only able to log in after maybe 30 attempts but today i have not been able to log in at all. I have checked my...