Windows 10: unable to login after a win10 1803 MDT/WDS deployment

Discus and support unable to login after a win10 1803 MDT/WDS deployment in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was able to create and deploy a win10 1803 image containing a number of software packages, the deployment ends with no errors, it joins a domain.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nmadmin, Sep 5, 2018.

1. nmadmin Win User

unable to login after a win10 1803 MDT/WDS deployment

I was able to create and deploy a win10 1803 image containing a number of software packages, the deployment ends with no errors, it joins a domain. Everything worked fine with the first set of computers. However it is not working right for some other computers which have the same motherboard.

If I logout of the administrator account after the deployment I can login as a domain account, however if I reboot I cannot login to a domain account or a local account. After entering the username/password the screen stays at welcome. I have tried booting to safe mode and can't login there either, except as command prompt. Also ran sfc scannow before logging off the administrator account.

Also tried creating another account before logging out of the administrator account but can't login with that one either. I can't tell what is wrong or how to find what is wrong.

Any ideas?

:)

nmadmin, Sep 5, 2018
  2. SarahKong Win User
    SarahKong, Sep 5, 2018
  3. Kokich Win User
    Capturing reference Win10 1803 image for MDT 2013

Hi Kari,
    This is tremendous job thank you for all your efforts to create this great workflow. I believe many admins are really appreciated to learn this. I have a question if I want to capture a custom image for MDT deployment for Win 10 1803 how these steps are will change it since the TS are taking care of drive partitioning and we have customsettings.ini and bootstrap.ini files created. I try your workflow except to create the partitioning answer file, only i create unattended answer.xml with the OEM settings but it does not work. Also, I use a script to delete all Windows Store Apps which is really important for our image during the time when the reference machine was connected to the internet, and according to another article that is an issue when Sysprep to capture the WIM. The wim file is created without any errors but when start the dep[loyment failed with Error: 5640 50: Run DISM.exe. What is your suggestion about this scenario?
    Thank you for your time and effort here!

Kokich, Sep 5, 2018
  4. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

1. unable to login after a win10 1803 MDT/WDS deployment - Similar Threads - unable login win10

2. Windows 10 - Touch keyboard issue After MDT deployment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Touch keyboard issue After MDT deployment: Hello,We use MDT to deploy Windows 10 pro version computerspast 3 versions of Windows 10 features and current 21h2. The problem I'm experiencing is the touch keyboard that will not show after the first reboot after the deployment. These are the steps I've tried/done:- update...
  3. Windows 10 - Touch keyboard issue After MDT deployment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Touch keyboard issue After MDT deployment: Hello,We use MDT to deploy Windows 10 pro version computerspast 3 versions of Windows 10 features and current 21h2. The problem I'm experiencing is the touch keyboard that will not show after the first reboot after the deployment. These are the steps I've tried/done:- update...
  4. MDT is not deploying drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MDT is not deploying drivers: Hello everyone, I wish you a happy new year and the best of health. at work, MDT deploys 1 window 10 pro image to all models of computers. I do that by in task seq. I disabled the default inject driver step and add my custom task step. then named it DriverGroup001 and...
  5. MDT 2013 Deployment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MDT 2013 Deployment: we distribution OS of Chinese and Korean by MDT 2013 deployment, so I want to manually set language and time , but unable to activated when I was changed MDT Rules as the following, what should i do [Settings] Priority=Default Properties=MyCustomProperty [Default] :...
  6. Creating deployment process with WDS/MDT.

Creating deployment process with WDS/MDT.: Hi, I am a Help Desk Analyst and am being challenged with learning sysAdmin tasks. I've been tasked with setting up a deployment process, and I have been trying for a few weeks now to deploy an image with WDS/MDT. I've searched the internet hard trying to figure it out but...
  7. MDT and wds problem

MDT and wds problem: Hi, is have a problem with deploying windows 10 LTSC 1809 I installed a windows ltsc 1809 and customized it in audit mode with answer file copyprofile=true and run litetouch.vbs in deployment share and captured it. But my problem is: after deploying the image on new machine...
  8. MDT Fails when deploying 1803 and 1809

MDT Fails when deploying 1803 and 1809: Dear Colleagues, I would like to ask for your assistance: - I have a Windows Server 2012 R2. 1809 ADK, MDT 6.3.8456.1000, DISM 10.0.17763.1 + WinPE 1809 installed. - Deploying Windows 10 1703 is always succeed. - I have an alternate DeplymentShare on the same server and...
  9. Can MDT/WDS deploy only recovery, efi & C Partition ?

Can MDT/WDS deploy only recovery, efi & C Partition ?: Hello, Want to learn about MDT/WDS but have a very specific requirement. I've to deploy Windows 10 64 bit on 15 computers which already have lots of data in their D & E partitions. Taking their backup & restoring them after deployment is not practical. So I want to install...
  10. Deploying Win10 Ent x64 w/ SCCM2012R2, no MDT - StartMenu broken

Deploying Win10 Ent x64 w/ SCCM2012R2, no MDT - StartMenu broken: Good afternoon, I am trying to deploy Windows 10 Enterprise x64 to a test laptop of mine at work and I'm coming across some issues after doing the following steps to deploy: create a new HyperV VM using win10 ent x64 media create a generic local account without a...