Windows 10: Unable to login after following this

Discus and support Unable to login after following this in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was trying to change my User folder name due to ASII folder path problem. Unable to install program I need, that requires for me to work on my code... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JaechanLee, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Unable to login after following this

I was trying to change my User folder name due to ASII folder path problem. Unable to install program I need, that requires for me to work on my code project so I followed this website using registry to change the folder name

https://superuser.com/questions/890812/how-to-rename-the-user-folder-in-windows-10

now I can only login to TEMP Login. I tried to reset whole system but they won't let me access to option panel. Is there way to reset my whole computer?

:)

JaechanLee, Aug 26, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 26, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Login Crash Loop

Hi David,

• Which screen are you referring to?
    • Are you able to login to Desktop?
    • Are you able to see the login screen?

The power icon referred in the steps is present at the login screen. If you are able to see the login screen where you enter the password to go to Desktop, then you need to follow those steps. These steps to be followed if you are able to reach to
    login screen but unable to go to Desktop.

Please provide us more information related to the issue so that we can assist you further.

Rohit Siddegowda, Aug 26, 2019
  4. rmanasa Win User

Unable to login after following this

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

Unable to login after following this

1. Unable to login after following this - Similar Threads - Unable login following

2. Unable to login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to login: Currently on pcWindows home OSUnable to get current build since I can’t loginTrying to login to windows then black screens I login using my Microsoft account then it says “set up pin” I click it and it loads then screen turns black. I have restarted my pc multiple times and...
  3. Unable to Login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to Login: Hi,My computer started the issue of beeping 4 times but i managed to take away the issue by removing one of the ram sticks.It then brought up a blue screen driver overran which i took to a technician to fix but now i cant be able to login...it just flickers but doesnt bring...
  4. Unable to Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to Login: [IMG]I have gotten to the login screen but now when i swipe up it is blank and i am unable to put my pin in!! Is anyone able to help me fogure this out so i can login in to my pc [IMG]...
  5. Unable to login after Windows updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to login after Windows updates: Since September when the Windows cumulative update installs i can no longer log into my local account which displays on the start up screen. As a workaround I uninstall the update and pause installs for 30 days. Once the automatic update comes back, boom I’m locked out....
  6. Unable to login after windows update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to login after windows update.: Unable to login after windows update. Have tried safe start, system restore does not have my last created point, only the one on the day of the update. I have tried reset but it fails. We have two family members only. One can sign in one cannot....
  7. UNABLE TO FOLLOW LINK

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    UNABLE TO FOLLOW LINK: I am trying to shop on the Macy's site. They have many drill down links and all return this error: Access Denied You don't have permission to access the requested URL on this server. Reference: 18.3d15e8ac.1577414981.83c8bb6en I am working on a secured WiFi network at my...
  8. Unable to follow a link

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to follow a link: I am trying to go to a link. I am getting the message "Your organization's policies are preventing us from completing this action for you. For more info, please contact your help desk." This is my home computer. I have no help desk. I have not changed any settings as far as I...
  9. Unable to login after reset.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to login after reset.: Recently I have reset my windows 10 pc and after that I'm unable to login through my microsoft id because unable to connect to the internet. And also there is no option to connect to a network at the welcome screen in the right lower corner which was earlier before the reset...
  10. Unable to Login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to Login: I have Asus windows10 Home laptop. I t was windows 8 laptop upgraded to windows 10 home. Yesterday I did updates to my laptop. Still I could start my laptop yesterday. But today neither I could sign in using my PIN or password. Al;ways I get message "Security policies on...