Windows 10: Unable to login after installing Cumulative Updates

Discus and support Unable to login after installing Cumulative Updates in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; All Windows 10 Cumulative Updates from ‎2/‎29/‎2020 to 04/12/2020 will not allow me to sign in to to Microsoft. WHY?!!!!!!!!!! Windows Spec... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by CharlesSchier, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Unable to login after installing Cumulative Updates

All Windows 10 Cumulative Updates from ‎2/‎29/‎2020 to 04/12/2020 will not allow me to sign in to to Microsoft. WHY?!!!!!!!!!!

Windows Spec

Edition: Windows 10 Home

Version : 1909

OS Build: 18363.592

Laptop : LAPTOP-J5VM6TVB

Processor: IntelR CoreTMmi7-8550U CPU@1.8GHZ 1.99 GHZ

Installed Ram :8.00 GB

SYSTEM Tpye 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

***Original title: Issues with Cumulative Updates from ‎2/‎29/‎2020 to 04/12/2020***

:)

CharlesSchier, Apr 28, 2020

2. Unable to login after windows 10 update

Hello Nilsen,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Regret the inconvenience you have experienced.

Which Windows Update are you referring to?

Is it Cumulative Update?

Suggest you to try with the below mentioned troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Suggest you try booting your system in Safe Mode and see if it works.

• Restart your PC. When you reach the
      sign-in screen, hold the Shift key and select the
      Power button, and then select Restart.

• After your PC restarts, select
      Troubleshoot > Advanced options >Startup settings > Restart. After your PC restarts, you should see a number of options. Press 5 or F5 for Safe Mode with networking.

• When you're on to the
      Safe Mode,
      try to uninstall the Windows Update which you're referring to and see if it works.

To uninstall an unwanted Windows Update:

• Type “View Installed Updates” in the Search box and then click on View Installed Updates – Control Panel from the Search results.
    • To uninstall the unwanted update, select it from the list and then click
      Uninstall. Restart and boot into normal mode to see if it works.
    Method 2:

If you still unable to login, then try with the below steps.

• Restart your PC. When you reach the sign-in screen, hold the
      Shift key and select the Power button, and then select
      Restart.

• After your PC restarts, select
      Troubleshoot > Advanced options > System Restore.

• Select the restore point created prior to this problem and follow the on-screen instructions to restore your PC to earlier point of time.

• Now try to boot your PC into normal mode and see if it works.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3156387) will not install

Anyone else having problems getting the Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3156387) installed? This update has been failing for me & doing a failed to update after downloading & reboot, then rebooting & removing the update.

V 10.0 build 10240

broken pixel, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Oups Win User

Unable to login after installing Cumulative Updates

Unable to install update

Thanks Callender, I'll keep that in mind.

Thema:

Unable to login after installing Cumulative Updates

1. Unable to login after installing Cumulative Updates - Similar Threads - Unable login installing

2. Unable to install Windows Cumulative Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install Windows Cumulative Updates: Any cumulative updates fail to install on my system. It gets to 100% after restarting and says “something didn’t go as planned, reverting update”. Trying it manually from the Microsoft catalog does the same thing. All other updates finish fine it’s just the cumulative ones...
  3. Unable to install Windows Cumulative Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install Windows Cumulative Updates: Any cumulative updates fail to install on my system. It gets to 100% after restarting and says “something didn’t go as planned, reverting update”. Trying it manually from the Microsoft catalog does the same thing. All other updates finish fine it’s just the cumulative ones...
  4. Unable to Install Cumulative Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Install Cumulative Updates: I've been trying to update my computer for hours, and I have tried several methods such as removing potentially corrupt files from my computer but anything short of resetting my entire PC doesn't seem to be working. I heard turning 'pause updates' on and off helps, but it...
  5. Unable to Install Cumulative Updates

Unable to Install Cumulative Updates: I've been trying to update my computer for hours, and I have tried several methods such as removing potentially corrupt files from my computer but anything short of resetting my entire PC doesn't seem to be working. I heard turning 'pause updates' on and off helps, but it...
  6. Unable to install cumulative updates in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install cumulative updates in Windows 11: Hello, I’m unable to install the last patch Tuesday Windows 11’s cumulative update KB5012592. I wasn’t able to install the last optional cumulative update either. In both cases, it fails at Installing 35%. I tried almost everything: cleaning the...
  7. Unable to install cumulative updates in Windows 11

Unable to install cumulative updates in Windows 11: Hello, I’m unable to install the last patch Tuesday Windows 11’s cumulative update KB5012592. I wasn’t able to install the last optional cumulative update either. In both cases, it fails at Installing 35%. I tried almost everything: cleaning the...
  8. Unable to login after Windows updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to login after Windows updates: Since September when the Windows cumulative update installs i can no longer log into my local account which displays on the start up screen. As a workaround I uninstall the update and pause installs for 30 days. Once the automatic update comes back, boom I’m locked out....
  9. Unable to install Cumulative update on machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install Cumulative update on machine: Split from this thread. Error trying to install..[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-install-cumulative-update-on-machine/82e89886-f524-4bf4-8b56-a11165ed447e
  10. Auto-Login after Cumulative Windows Update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Auto-Login after Cumulative Windows Update: Hi! I work for an IT Helpdesk at a University and we have podium computers for classrooms that used to auto-login into a specific account by: - Pressing Windows key + R - Type "netplwiz" Then there would be a box that you would uncheck if you wanted to auto-login to...