Windows 10: Unable to login after selected safe mode on sign in screen after restarted

Discus and support Unable to login after selected safe mode on sign in screen after restarted in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I seleted setting boot safe mode with network during normal windows 10 environment and restarted, however I am not able to sign in again with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WilsonWong5, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Unable to login after selected safe mode on sign in screen after restarted

I seleted setting boot safe mode with network during normal windows 10 environment and restarted, however I am not able to sign in again with the correct pin or password again. There is no option to select under the sign in box for reset. Is there any way that I don't have to re install the system?

:)

WilsonWong5, Dec 14, 2019

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 14, 2019
  3. Sandy018 Win User
    Stuck in Safe Mode login on Windows 10

Your password should work into the safe mode but if it is not working then follow these steps.

1. Restart your PC.

2. When you reach the sign-in screen, press and hold the Shift key and click on the Power button, and then click Restart.

3. After your PC restarts, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options >Startup settings > Restart.

4. After your PC restarts, you should see a number of options. Press 5 or F5 for Safe Mode with networking.

5. When you reach login screen, press Windows + U and select the On-Screen Keyboard from the Ease of Access list.
    or click on Ease of Access at bottom right and click On-Screen Keyboard from the list.

6. Then use your cursor to type the password with On-Screen Keyboard.
    Before clicking the login, press the eye symbol (I.e. Reveal Password) option in the password field, to see the password is correct.

Let me know if it is working for you.

Sandy018, Dec 14, 2019
  4. Unable to login after selected safe mode on sign in screen after restarted

Safe Mode Minimal/ Can't login

Hi Alessia,

You may start your PC in safe mode with networking. Safe Mode with Networking includes the network drivers and services you'll need to access the Internet and other computers on your network. You may refer to the steps below:

• Restart your PC. When you get to the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key down while you select
      Power > Restart.
    • After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings >
      Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 5 or
      F5 to start your PC in Safe Mode with Networking.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

Unable to login after selected safe mode on sign in screen after restarted

1. Unable to login after selected safe mode on sign in screen after restarted - Similar Threads - Unable login selected

2. Unable to come out of safe mode after selecting Aactive directory repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to come out of safe mode after selecting Aactive directory repair: Hi, I went to system configuration>Boot>Boot optins>and selected active directory repair.My system restarted later it has asked for account password I tried with all my passwords but it is not accepting. I have only one option visible. i. e restart. After pressing restart my...
  3. Black Screen after login, Safe mode unresponsive, stuck restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen after login, Safe mode unresponsive, stuck restarting: Hi there,Hopefully someone can help me.My laptop is completely inaccessible at the moment. I had a black screen after login happens sometimes, I usually restart and its fine - but not today. To fix this I try launching in safe mode following advice from other discussions on...
  4. Black Screen after login, Safe mode unresponsive, stuck restarting

Black Screen after login, Safe mode unresponsive, stuck restarting: Hi there,Hopefully someone can help me.My laptop is completely inaccessible at the moment. I had a black screen after login happens sometimes, I usually restart and its fine - but not today. To fix this I try launching in safe mode following advice from other discussions on...
  5. Black screen after restarting for safe mode

Black screen after restarting for safe mode: I am getting black screen with underscrorenot blinking after restarting for booting into safe mode. I turn on safe mode through run->msconfig. But after clicking on the restart button i am getting black screen with underscore even that boot up window is not showing.i can...
  6. Unable to login in safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to login in safe mode: You responded to a question from Feb 5th about this problem. I tried your solution & it did not work & resulted in this response: "The boot configuration data store could not be opened. The requested system device cannot be found." Initially, I tried to Safe Boot my Dell XPS...
  7. Unable to login in safe mode

Unable to login in safe mode: I used the Safe Mode in order to remove drivers. In this process I checked the option Boot in Safe Mode in msconfig. Now, when I am trying to login, the system says - incorrect password. I know that the password is correct. The system goes into Safe Mode each time when I am...
  8. Black screen after login, Safe mode doesn't work

Black screen after login, Safe mode doesn't work: Hi, hope you're having a great day. My problem with my laptop is after I login, it turns into a black screen. At first it seems fine, it loaded my dekstop shortcuts and wallpaper but the taskbar is not loading properly. After a few seconds, it turned into a black screen. The...
  9. Login issues after safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login issues after safe mode: So firstly my computer has been having an error with the personalized settings not responding AFTER I log in for a while now. But just recently I had a big complied update as I hadn't updated windows in a while. Few days later and my computer is running ridiculously slow....
  10. Unable to login in safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to login in safe mode: Hello, I entered safe mode to check some issue with my system however in spite of entering correct password (which is same as my Microsoft account password) the login screen shows incorrect password. I have tried safe mode with networking and my system is connected to...