Windows 10: Unable to Login as Administrator- family and other users missing in windows 10

Discus and support Unable to Login as Administrator- family and other users missing in windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I am having a serious issue with my windows 10 pc. I am unable change my Microsoft account into Administrator. I do not have "Friends and Other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BobbyMathew1985, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Unable to Login as Administrator- family and other users missing in windows 10

Hi,

I am having a serious issue with my windows 10 pc.

I am unable change my Microsoft account into Administrator.

I do not have "Friends and Other Users" options.

Unable to Login as Administrator- family and other users missing in windows 10 0aa13181-a791-40f2-92b7-bfa8ea4d15c8?upload=true.png

Further there i am not able to make the changes through the control panel as well.

I have tried making changes through Local account and the Microsoft account, but no luck.

I am not able to use simple programs because they need Administrator permission.

Can anyone help me figure out the issue.

Regards

:)

BobbyMathew1985, Jul 13, 2019
  2. cwo1960 Win User

Cannot login to windows 10 after update! PLEASE HELP!

Thank you for the advice on enabling the administrator account. I follow all the steps and enabled the administrator account but I am still unable to log in. I am attaching 2 photos of the screens I am able to see at boot up.
    Unable to Login as Administrator- family and other users missing in windows 10 [​IMG]

Unable to Login as Administrator- family and other users missing in windows 10 [​IMG]

I have no way to choose which account to log in with.
    Any other ideas or suggestion?
    Thanks

cwo1960, Jul 13, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Administrator's Permission Needed. I AM THE ONLY USER!

Hi Quinton,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that you are unable to play the game Civilization IV Gold Edition after upgrade to Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Please do let us know the following information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• As you have already created new user account, have you tried to log-in with that account and access the game?
    • Is this issue confined only to the specific game?

I suggest you to try few of the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to check the number of user accounts created on your laptop and also to ascertain the administrator account.

• Press Windows + R key together on your desktop screen.
    • Type netplwiz and hit Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

I suggest you to enable built-in administrator account, try to log-in with that account and access the game to check if there is any issues with the current user account.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt.
    • Type the following command and hit Enter: net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    • Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.
    Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Hope it helps. Try the above troubleshooting steps, reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 13, 2019
  4. Unable to Login as Administrator- family and other users missing in windows 10

Unable to login as an Administrator on Windows 10.

Hi Miguel,

The above issue might occur if you don’t know or do not have the administrator rights of the user profile on the computer.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• How many user accounts are present on the computer?
    • When you say “I cant log in as an Administrator”, are you not able to login or do you not have an administrator user profile in the computer?

If you have an administrator user account on the computer, I suggest you to login or ask the user to convert your user account to administrator user account and check if the issue is resolved.

To give administrator permission, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control panel from the context menu.
    • Click on Change account type under User accounts.
    • Select the user account from the window and click on Change the account type.
    • Select Administrator radio button and click on
      Change account type
    • Close the window and logout from the current user account and check if the changes are effective.

If you do not have an administrator user account on the computer, boot the computer in
    Safe mode and check if similar issue persists.

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode that starts your computer with limited drivers necessary to run Windows. The words
    Safe Mode appear at the corners of your monitor to identify which Windows mode you are using. Logging into
    Safe mode will help in diagnosing if the issue is caused due to the corrupted user profile or the services disabled on the PC.

Expand the options to boot into Safe Mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Reboot the PC to exit from Safe mode.

To know more about Safe mode, following is an article on
    Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode) (Applies to Windows 10 also):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

Write to us with the status of not able to login into the administrator user profile on the computer in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

Unable to Login as Administrator- family and other users missing in windows 10

1. Unable to Login as Administrator- family and other users missing in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable Login Administrator

2. other users option in Login is missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    other users option in Login is missing.: HiI'm currently using Windows 11, but I've encountered an issue where the "other users" option in the Windows login screen is not visible. I attempted to address this by disabling the settings in the group policy at the following location: Computer Configuration\...
  3. other users option in Login is missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    other users option in Login is missing.: HiI'm currently using Windows 11, but I've encountered an issue where the "other users" option in the Windows login screen is not visible. I attempted to address this by disabling the settings in the group policy at the following location: Computer Configuration\...
  4. family and other users settings went missing!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    family and other users settings went missing!: I cannot find 'family and other users' settings option at all. Also i cant see my administrator account on the control panel users as well. I'm unable to give any administrator permissions either, whenever i try to, it shows 'requested operation requires elevation'. All these...
  5. family and other users settings went missing!

family and other users settings went missing!: I cannot find 'family and other users' settings option at all. Also i cant see my administrator account on the control panel users as well. I'm unable to give any administrator permissions either, whenever i try to, it shows 'requested operation requires elevation'. All these...
  6. family and other users missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    family and other users missing: when I follow the instructions to add my daughter to my family on her computer, the "family and other users does not appear. What is the error and how can it be fixed?...
  7. family and other users missing

family and other users missing: when I follow the instructions to add my daughter to my family on her computer, the "family and other users does not appear. What is the error and how can it be fixed?...
  8. Family&other users option is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family&other users option is missing: where the family & other users option go? it was here but I can't find it anymore why it disappeared? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/familyother-users-option-is-missing/4c47eb00-4880-4a1c-9935-b4c80fb41df0
  9. Family&other users option is missing

Family&other users option is missing: where the family & other users option go? it was here but I can't find it anymore why it disappeared? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/familyother-users-option-is-missing/4c47eb00-4880-4a1c-9935-b4c80fb41df0
  10. Windows 10 - The "other user" option on login screen is missing

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 - The "other user" option on login screen is missing: Hello, Like the topic stands, my Windows 10 login screen doesn't show the option to type in username and password instead of just choosing the username I want to log on to. I was able to enable the other user login but by doing so I can only log in through the other user...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. family and other users missing

2. family & other users missing

3. family and other users missing windows 10

4. family & other users missing windows 10,
  5. windows 10 family & other users missing,
  6. windows 10 family and other users missing,
  7. missing family and other users option (admin profile),
  8. family and users missing from windows 10,
  9. family ,
  10. window 10 is missing family and other users,
  11. missing family and other users,