Windows 10: Unable to login, I set up a pin, it is now required but there is an error “Something...

Discus and support Unable to login, I set up a pin, it is now required but there is an error “Something... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I hope you can help, I have searched so many forums and contacted the laptop vendors premium support who have signposted me here. 1 I have one... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by KevinSowden, Jul 21, 2021 at 6:42 PM.

1. Unable to login, I set up a pin, it is now required but there is an error “Something...

I hope you can help, I have searched so many forums and contacted the laptop vendors premium support who have signposted me here. 1 I have one administrator account on my windows 10 machine. This account is linked/;logged into my Microsoft account but my microsoft account password will not unlock my PC.2 I try reset password but I can not seem to answer the security questions correct;y3 My fingerprint usually gives me access to my laptop. Which I try now the little Hello icon Winks at me and it says “your PIN is required to sign in”. Directly below that it says “Something happened and your

:)

2. Unable to login using The login PIN

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the pin and check fi it helps.

• In the login page next to “PIN password option”.
    • You will find “Other sign in options”, click on it will prompt you for regular password.
    • Enter regular password and login to the computer.
    • I suggest you to click on the Start Menu
      and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Under the “PIN tab” click on “ADD” option.
    • It will prompt you for current pin password and new password, please provide
      new password then apply the changes, restart
      the computer and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

3. nic-- Win User
    PIN is required to login

I used to login windows with my fingerprint.

But now it required to login with my PIN and I forgot my PIN (even didn't remember that I set a PIN or not)

I check on "forget PIN" but no response.

I scan fingerprint and it required my PIN....

How can I login with my fingerprint only?

4. Unable to login, I set up a pin, it is now required but there is an error “Something...

OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 21, 2021 at 6:43 PM
Thema:

Unable to login, I set up a pin, it is now required but there is an error “Something...

1. Unable to login, I set up a pin, it is now required but there is an error “Something... - Similar Threads - Unable login set

2. Unable to set-up pin after update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to set-up pin after update: I recently updated windows 10 and after that when I opened it my password was not there. There was a button saying "Sign in". So, I pressed it and it asked me for my account password. I entered the password and then it said me to set up a new pin. I clicked on the next button...
  3. Unable to set PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to set PIN: Hello,I am unable to set my PIN in my laptop suddenly from today. When try to under settings, it says that the option is currently unavailable. Is it my laptop problem or the Windows problem?...
  4. Unable to reset login PIN.

Unable to reset login PIN.: I don’t know why I was locked from using the fingerprint but I’m not able to insert a pin because I tried every one I ever used and none work. I dont have the password option and when I try to reset the PIN, it says I need to download an app but I cant without forst logging...
  5. Set Up my Pin Error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Set Up my Pin Error: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/amoghrao [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j3igvo/set_up_my_pin_error/
  6. Unable to disable Password/Pin required to login on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to disable Password/Pin required to login on Windows 10: In the past I have been able to login to my computer automatically without needing to enter my account password or the pin. However after re-installing windows 10 pro recently I am now unable to do this. I can see the instructions like in the following thread:...
  7. Login now requires password instead of showing options with PIN and Fingerprint

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Login now requires password instead of showing options with PIN and Fingerprint: For many years, my login screen has given me the option to login via fingerprint, PIN and password. For all of the time I have been using either fingerprint or password. Now, when I tried to login after my laptop went to sleep, it only prompts for password. All combinations...
  8. Unable to set a PIN

Unable to set a PIN: I'm trying to help someone with a Surface Pro running v1909. It's joined to a local AD domain at his office. He's logging in with a domain user account but he would like to also setup a PIN. There are no group policies setup to have anything to do with PINs and I'm not even...
  9. Unable to set up pin and change password

Unable to set up pin and change password: Recently, I've updated to Windows 10. Unfortunately, the update erased my pin. So, of course, I tried to reset it. But every time I click on the button nothing happens. I'm also unable to change my password. I click on the button but it simply says "Something went wrong. Try...
  10. Something messed up with PIN

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Something messed up with PIN: I had to forcibly reboot my Windows 10 14342 machine today and when it came back fingerprint wasn't working saying there was no PIN set. I had set one, figured I could add it back. I go into Sign in options and it says 'Add a PIN' I click on that and it asks me for my PIN,...