Windows 10: Unable to login into NAS - can i access it locally

Discus and support Unable to login into NAS - can i access it locally in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My brother has a lacie NAS and cant remember the username and password that we used when we set it up and cant access the web portal and its not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bartjunited, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Unable to login into NAS - can i access it locally

My brother has a lacie NAS and cant remember the username and password that we used when we set it up and cant access the web portal and its not sitting on his network.

I thought there was a way to access it locally by using an ethernet cable and using a local ip address but I cant remember how.

Any ideas what we can do? I cant reset the device as it will wipe his data.

LAst resort can I unscrew the caddy and plug the HDD into a USB caddy to access the files?

TIA Bart

W10 1903

:)

bartjunited, Dec 1, 2020
  2. Gino Des Win User

Windows 10 & NAS Box

Hi Peter,

A few possible reasons can cause this issue. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• How is your NAS box connected to your computer? (Ethernet, Wi-Fi, or USB)
    • Are you using a program provided by the manufacturer of your NAS box to access it?
    • Do you receive any error messages when accessing your NAS box? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the solution provided by omiklik (Most Helpful Reply)
    in the following thread: Unable to see NAS drive on Network - Win 10 PC.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Dec 1, 2020
  3. Unable to access Local Disks (CUnable to login into NAS - can i access it locally :), (DUnable to login into NAS - can i access it locally :), and any programs inside those

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with privileges to access the local account, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Please be informed us the troubleshooting steps you have already tried.

This issue might be due to some error in system settings.

If you have not yet tried the below steps, I suggest you to perform and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to log out from the current user account, restart the computer and log-in with the administrator account and check if you are able to access the local drivers.

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode, try to log-in with administrator account and check if the issue persists.

Try the above steps and reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Filip Top Win User

Unable to login into NAS - can i access it locally

Windows unable to find NAS server login

If I go in windows explorer to //MineNas than opens he an explorer with all the drives of the NAS server.

Nice would you think, but windows 10 doesn't find it neccessary to login on the NAS.

So if you double click one off the drives he refuse you access, what is logical, you didn't login.

I had this problem in the past and found than a fix, somewhere you had to delete auto logins from microsoft, I finded it than very onlogical and strange, but this are all synonims for microsoft. But now I have to configure a new computer, I don't find this
    stupid microsoft setting any more, and cannot access the NAS because of login credentials.

Anyone who can help me how I tell microsoft that you have to login to a server, because the forgot this feature by basic :-(.

In the good old days of windows XP was loggin in normal, why not anymore in windows 10?????

Thanks for any help.

A very frustrated windows user

login on nas server- Original Title

Filip Top, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Unable to login into NAS - can i access it locally

1. Unable to login into NAS - can i access it locally - Similar Threads - Unable login NAS

2. Unable to access NAS from Domain Computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to access NAS from Domain Computers: Inconsistent access to NAS file shares QNAP from Windows 10 DomainWhile there are more than just 2 machines in our environment, I will refer to a few as:Machine-1 : Everything works FineMachine-2 : Inconsistent Access to NASALL network settings with the exception of the...
  3. Unable to access NAS from Domain Computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access NAS from Domain Computers: Inconsistent access to NAS file shares QNAP from Windows 10 DomainWhile there are more than just 2 machines in our environment, I will refer to a few as:Machine-1 : Everything works FineMachine-2 : Inconsistent Access to NASALL network settings with the exception of the...
  4. Unable to access NAS from Domain Computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Trying to access HDD from a NAS locally

Trying to access HDD from a NAS locally: my brother has a NAS and has forgotten the login details (duh) cant reset the device as he will lose his data therefore I have taken the HDD out and put it into a HDD caddy to connect locally to my laptop however as it was a NAS the disk is formatted in a certain format and...
  6. Unable to access NAS Drive secured folder

Unable to access NAS Drive secured folder: Hi, I recently upgraded my Windows 10 to Build 19041. Using NAS EX4100. I added my user "mazhar" in NAS, it is associated with folder "mazhar". User mazhar has full read\write access to folder mazhar. Now after windows upgrade i am able to access Public folder without any...
  7. Unable to access NAS (WD Mycloud)

Unable to access NAS (WD Mycloud): I recently acquired and installed a WD Mycloud for the purpose of backing up all my computers, including my company's notebook. I cannot get the company notebook (Win 10 Enterprise) to see the Mycloud device. It does see all the other devices on my home network. All my other...
  8. Which protocol for accessing NAS in local network - Win10 HOME

Which protocol for accessing NAS in local network - Win10 HOME: Hello, i have after each WIN update problems with accessing my NAS - configured SMB it seems Microsoft is trying to disable SMB1 feature we have 4 PCs & NB's with MS WIN 10 HOME, with MS Office, etc... and is anoying each time looking for solution to make it work again...
  9. Local access user login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local access user login: I have several HP home computers that I am setting up local account users for. I have 7 kids so 9 of us in the family. I have created local user accounts with no email(kids). Some of them work and some I get profile service service failed can not load profile. I have...
  10. No longer can access my Synology NAS

No longer can access my Synology NAS: I can no longer access my Synology NAS through File Explorer or assign a drive letter to it via "net use" on two of my computers. I recently removed SMBv1 from them. A third computer can see the NAS as I have not uninstalled SMB1 from that yet. Is there some workaround to get...