Windows 10: Unable to login into system after Windows update, asking for password.

Discus and support Unable to login into system after Windows update, asking for password. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; After updating, on 2/24 both my desktop and laptop requested passwords. I do not use passwords, but the updates make it impossible to get it without.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by TeriRI, Mar 3, 2019.

1. TeriRI Win User

Unable to login into system after Windows update, asking for password.

After updating, on 2/24 both my desktop and laptop requested passwords. I do not use passwords, but the updates make it impossible to get it without.

I noticed that the user names had changed and was able to long into my laptop with my email account, however the user name on my desktop was from an old email account. I tried every password that I could think of before calling Microsoft support.

After speaking with over 6 agents and trying many different things (all of which I had seen on youtube), I was promised that my issued would be escalated to a level 3 person and I would get a call back. Still waiting.

This the 8th day without my computer and more important my calendar. I know I have missed events.

Question: how to unlock my computer?

***Modified title form: Windows 10 Home updataes***

:)

TeriRI, Mar 3, 2019
  2. marisaPO Win User

Microsoft login asking for Windows password

I'm trying to login to my Microsoft account, have done the reset my password routine when I thought perhaps I had forgotten my password, but it turns out I had not forgotten my pw. The snag is that when I go to login, I get through to the step where it asks
    for my current Windows password. So login steps go login MS, MS password, and then Windows password. My Microsoft pw doesn't work. I have no clue what my Windows pw is and there is no option for "forgot my password."

What's up with this? It seems ironic that I'm selecting "ease of access" as a category. How do I get past this?

Marisa

marisaPO, Mar 3, 2019
  3. After the update Windows asking for login to account for which i had not set the password

Hello,

I realize that after the Windows update installed recently you are asked to login with the password. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Are you facing this issue for the local account or for the Microsoft account?
    • Do you have any other accounts to login?
    • Did you check if the same issue persists in Safe mode?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 3, 2019
  4. Unable to login into system after Windows update, asking for password.

How do you opt out of the W8.1 password login?

I just set up a laptop for a friend by DLing ALL the W8 updates, and then installing the 8.1 free update, but it makes you choose a password login. In searching I've found a way to turn that off by unchecking the password option in the user account settings, and it now bypasses it on restart and initial bootup, but it doesn't completely remove this annoying feature. Any time the clock/screensaver kicks in, it still asks for a password.

Does anyone know how to completely bypass the password login option for W8.1?

Frag Maniac, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

Unable to login into system after Windows update, asking for password.

1. Unable to login into system after Windows update, asking for password. - Similar Threads - Unable login system

2. Windows Update asking for email password after updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update asking for email password after updating: Once again a Windows update breaks my PC, this is every second or third update I lose a hard drive, damage a CPU/GPU or have to reinstall Windows, but this time after going through a FULL Windows setup after updating, which I only had to do 2 weeks ago, it is asking me for...
  3. Windows Update asking for email password after updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update asking for email password after updating: Once again a Windows update breaks my PC, this is every second or third update I lose a hard drive, damage a CPU/GPU or have to reinstall Windows, but this time after going through a FULL Windows setup after updating, which I only had to do 2 weeks ago, it is asking me for...
  4. Windows Update asking for email password after updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. HELP !!! Unable to Login to Windows after Password Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP !!! Unable to Login to Windows after Password Reset: I forgot my microsoft account password on my laptop .. I successfully changed it utilizing the account.live.com/password/reset from my desktop device which does not require a microsoft account to logon .. HOWEVER .. When I try logging into the laptop with the validated,...
  6. HELP !!! Unable to Login to Windows after Password Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP !!! Unable to Login to Windows after Password Reset: I forgot my microsoft account password on my laptop .. I successfully changed it utilizing the account.live.com/password/reset from my desktop device which does not require a microsoft account to logon .. HOWEVER .. When I try logging into the laptop with the validated,...
  7. Unable to login after Windows updates

Unable to login after Windows updates: Since September when the Windows cumulative update installs i can no longer log into my local account which displays on the start up screen. As a workaround I uninstall the update and pause installs for 30 days. Once the automatic update comes back, boom I’m locked out....
  8. Unable to login after windows update.

Unable to login after windows update.: Unable to login after windows update. Have tried safe start, system restore does not have my last created point, only the one on the day of the update. I have tried reset but it fails. We have two family members only. One can sign in one cannot....
  9. Windows 10 asks for Microsoft login password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 asks for Microsoft login password: I got windows 10 yesterday and signed into my microsoft account and got the machine set up Now windows asks me to have internet access to login i have internet access by ethernet so its no problem but its annoying when i dont plug in my ethernet cable can anyone help?...
  10. Asking for Password not Exist after Update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Asking for Password not Exist after Update: After Win 10/Win Defender Update, 2016 Dell 7000 laptop it is requiring a password that doesn't exist! Again there was never a password, but it gives a hint of "Yr"! Have tried every date I could think of w/no luck! Have been in Win forums and support pages using primary Win...