Windows 10: unable to login on my PC

Discus and support unable to login on my PC in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; on powering up my PC and going to the login screen my password is rejected. I have obtained a new password on my spare PC but am unable to use it due... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MichaelVowles, Jul 12, 2019.

1. unable to login on my PC

on powering up my PC and going to the login screen my password is rejected. I have obtained a new password on my spare PC but am unable to use it due to my primary PC being offline. "please use the last password as your PC is offline" is the message I keep receiving. How do I resolve this issue.

:)

MichaelVowles, Jul 12, 2019

2. Unable to login to the PC after updating to Windows 10 1903 update

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while logging in to the PC after installing the latest Windows update. I appreciate your time and effort in trying to resolve the issue by performing certain steps to login.

To understand the issue better, please respond to the questions below:

1. Is the PC connected to university network/domain network?
    2. Is the computer connected to the internet while you are trying to login to your computer?

If you are not connected to internet, please connect an Ethernet cable to the PC and then try logging.

However, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Try booting the PC in to safe mode and check if you are able to login. Refer the article

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the issue persists, please try the next method.

Method 2:

Since you are unable to login, I would suggest you to try rolling back the update and check. Refer the section
    Go back to your previous version of Windows in the article
    Recovery options in Windows 10

In addition, you can also try resetting the password for the university account and check if you are able to login. In order to reset the password please get in touch with the university.

If the issue persist, please get back to us with the result of troubleshooting steps to assist you further with the issue.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 12, 2019
  3. Login changed by Candy crush, unable to login

Hi Abdul,

• Do you get any error message when you try to login?
    • Did you try to login using Onscreen keyboard?

Initially, try to login your system using Onscreen keyboard and check if this helps.

On your login screen, click on Ease of access (bottom right corner of the screen) and select
    Onscreen keyboard.

Type your password and check if you are able to access.

Also, make sure NumLock key is not turned OFF on your keyboard.

If you still unable to login, then try with the below steps.

• Restart your PC. When you reach the sign-in screen, hold the
      Shift key and select the Power button, and then select
      Restart.

• After your PC restarts, select
      Troubleshoot > Advanced options > System Restore.

• Select the restore point created prior to this problem and follow the on-screen instructions to restore your PC to earlier point of time.

• Now try to boot your PC into normal mode and see if it works.

Kindly let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 12, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

unable to login on my PC

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

unable to login on my PC

1. unable to login on my PC - Similar Threads - unable login

2. Lenovo laptop yoga C740-14iml - windows start up services has been turn off unable to login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lenovo laptop yoga C740-14iml - windows start up services has been turn off unable to login: Hello,Lenovo laptop yoga C740-14iml - windows start up services has been turn off due a software installation, now I am unable to login.If I click on log in, i getting error need to set a new pin.If I click on shift and restart. Advance option goes to email login. I have...
  3. I received the message user service service is unable to log in; user login profile is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I received the message user service service is unable to log in; user login profile is...: Tried different options and nothing works. Need help to sign in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-received-the-message-user-service-service-is/a8530a0d-b6f9-4bcc-8b70-89c5f4e3548b
  4. I received the message user service service is unable to log in; user login profile is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I received the message user service service is unable to log in; user login profile is...: Tried different options and nothing works. Need help to sign in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-received-the-message-user-service-service-is/a8530a0d-b6f9-4bcc-8b70-89c5f4e3548b
  5. Unable to Login after Diagnostic Startup in MSconfig, unable to access hard drive for clean...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Login after Diagnostic Startup in MSconfig, unable to access hard drive for clean...: I am no longer able to login with the error "something happened and your PIN isn't available" error, with no option to reset PIN. I have read many other articles on answers.microsoft.com and it seems the clean install of Windows 11 is the best answer to this issue....
  6. Unable to Login after Diagnostic Startup in MSconfig, unable to access hard drive for clean...

Unable to Login after Diagnostic Startup in MSconfig, unable to access hard drive for clean...: I am no longer able to login with the error "something happened and your PIN isn't available" error, with no option to reset PIN. I have read many other articles on answers.microsoft.com and it seems the clean install of Windows 11 is the best answer to this issue....
  7. W365 cloud PC single login - unable to set dual monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W365 cloud PC single login - unable to set dual monitor.: W365 cloud PC single login - unable to set dual monitor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w365-cloud-pc-single-login-unable-to-set-dual/d6e25c7c-d4fa-4038-a65e-ebe7346cf20a
  8. W365 cloud PC single login - unable to set dual monitor.

W365 cloud PC single login - unable to set dual monitor.: W365 cloud PC single login - unable to set dual monitor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w365-cloud-pc-single-login-unable-to-set-dual/d6e25c7c-d4fa-4038-a65e-ebe7346cf20a
  9. Unable to login as PIN not working and unable to get phone message due to change of number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login as PIN not working and unable to get phone message due to change of number: My account for my Laptop is my Microsoft Account and when trying to login into my computer, I get the following error: "Your Pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again."No other option is available to log...
  10. Unable to login as PIN not working and unable to get phone message due to change of number

Unable to login as PIN not working and unable to get phone message due to change of number: My account for my Laptop is my Microsoft Account and when trying to login into my computer, I get the following error: "Your Pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again."No other option is available to log...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to log in on pc