Windows 10: Unable to login on SOME secure sites

Discus and support Unable to login on SOME secure sites in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I may have some incorrect windows 10 security settings I am experiencing problems on some secure sites (but not all) that require login with password.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by theo54au, Oct 31, 2018.

1. theo54au Win User

Unable to login on SOME secure sites

I may have some incorrect windows 10 security settings
    I am experiencing problems on some secure sites (but not all) that require login with password. They fail to log me in with my credentials using Chrome, but when I try the same with e.g. Edge I have no problem. Same when I login using my wife's computer using Chrome I have no problem.. What I have tried so far:
    1. disable all extentions
    2. Clean browser data (cookies etc.)
    3. Enabled Java
    4. Reset Chrome to "Default" settings
    5. Uninstall/Re-installed Chrome
    6. Posted a message on the Chrome user forum (no answer)
    None of these measures resulted in a successful login with Chrome
    However, logging in to the same website with e.g. Edge worked all fine.
    Also, and that is the most surprising, I AM able to login on my wife's computer using Chrome, leading me to believe that the problem is on a higher level, maybe OS level?
    I am using Windows 10 Ver. 1803.17134.376

What to do next?

:)

theo54au, Oct 31, 2018

2. Unable to login into the blogger site.

Hello Janet,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From the above description, I understand you are unable to login into your blogger URL on the PC but the same is possible on the mobile device.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Which browser are you using to access the blogging website (Edge, Internet explorer or other browsers)?
    • Are you not able to login into other websites on the browser?
    • Did you check if the login is permitted in another browser?

I suggest you to check if you are able to login and access the blogger site on other browsers. If the issue does not persists, check if you are able to access other websites on the browser you are unable to login to the blogger site.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 31, 2018
  3. dp2826 Win User
    Lumia 822 Log into secure sites.

Unable to log into secure sites, any suggestions on what to do on my Lumia822 phone.Unable to open browser to secure sites any suggestions would be appreciated.

dp2826, Oct 31, 2018
  4. curatia Win User

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to login on SOME secure sites - Similar Threads - Unable login secure

2. not secure site

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not secure site: i cant get into certain sites that i need to visit because they go with a game i play, please actually help me get passed this last time i asked for help they just said contact the web site maker. i just need to get into it. other people are saying their getting into it fine...
  3. not secure site

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    not secure site: i cant get into certain sites that i need to visit because they go with a game i play, please actually help me get passed this last time i asked for help they just said contact the web site maker. i just need to get into it. other people are saying their getting into it fine...
  4. Site is not secure

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Site is not secure: I know this is a broad question with many solutions to which I have tried a lot. I am attempting to access army websites which require certain security certificates. I have gone about this with the help of forums I have used before and had no problems in the past with. I...
  5. unable to connect with secure sites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to connect with secure sites: Even on account I have used for a long time I get the message "Hmmm cannot connect, server not found. what's my solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-connect-with-secure-sites/fa302daa-dee3-45ac-beac-7c2c0d7e61aa
  6. Unable to open some secure websites

Unable to open some secure websites: Since upgrading for Windows 10 home to Windows 10 Enterprise I am unable to access some websites When I enter username and pass it puts me in a loop and takes me back to login page The happens with IE, Edge and Chrome and only on this PC If i try on phone or in VMWARE...
  7. Site not secure

Site not secure: I recently changed my nbn internet supplier. I now find when i attempt to log onto home pages Microsoft etc the page will not load and tell me it is unsecure and certificate is not valid. could anyone help me with this please....
  8. Cannot Login into Secure Sites

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot Login into Secure Sites: I have a laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed in it. Everything i working fine except when i try to login into any secure site like my bank account or some government sites, it shows an error of invalid credentials. The login details are absolutely correct and the can be...
  9. Unable to login on SOME secure sites

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to login on SOME secure sites: I may have some incorrect windows 10 security settings I am experiencing problems on some secure sites (but not all) that require login with password. They fail to log me in with my credentials using Chrome, but when I try the same with e.g. Edge I have no problem. Same when...
  10. secure site

secure site: Hello everyone keep getting this message on some sites, can anyone help [img] 94417

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to login secure sites