Windows 10: Unable to login or change password Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to login or change password Windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, After a recent system update, my PC no longer accepts my password at login. When I try using the forgot my password button I get the error message... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ken-knowles, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Unable to login or change password Windows 10

Hi,

After a recent system update, my PC no longer accepts my password at login. When I try using the forgot my password button I get the error message "Windows couldn't connect to the ProfSvc service. Contact your system administrator." I am the system admin. When I tried changing my password from a different computer, that works fine on my other devices, but not the problem PC. I suspect it doesn't have an internet connection, so it can't get the new password(?). I tried booting in Safe Mode--won't accept password there either and won't allow changes without it. I tried the Internet icon in the corner of the login screen. All it offers is Airplane Mode, which is off.

It's an Acer S7 laptop if that matters.

All the other answers I've found either assume I can login somehow or have an internet connection.

:)

ken-knowles, Sep 14, 2019

2. Forgot Windows 10 password...

If it's a Microsoft account, you should be able to change the password via another computer at live.com and the password should also change to match on the computer (obviously make sure it has internet access first). The password is verified online during login.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Sep 25, 2019
  4. C180K Win User

Unable to login or change password Windows 10

Windows 10 login password problems

I have been unable to login in to my user account using my password. Although I'm able to login when using Safe Mode.

When I display a list of users in lusrmgr I'm displayed as my name, but when I display User Accounts my username is displayed as my email address and I'm unable to change my password. I have tried using a password manager software to reset my password, although
    the program indicates it's been changed to a blank one, on a reboot I'm still unable to login in.

C180K, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Unable to login or change password Windows 10

1. Unable to login or change password Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable login change

2. unable to bypass windows 10 password login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    unable to bypass windows 10 password login: I have Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1. I want to be able to boot Windows 10 without requiring my password. I can't remove my password because if I do, I can't share files using the NETWORK window with other machines in my home. netplwiz doesn't show the checkbox to skip sign in....
  3. unable to bypass windows 10 password login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to bypass windows 10 password login: I have Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1. I want to be able to boot Windows 10 without requiring my password. I can't remove my password because if I do, I can't share files using the NETWORK window with other machines in my home. netplwiz doesn't show the checkbox to skip sign in....
  4. unable to bypass windows 10 password login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Login Password known but unable to change PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Login Password known but unable to change PIN: Hi, I used to login to my laptop via Windows 10 with a fingerprint, but had to disable that to let another user use my laptop. I have a password, so can get into my laptop that way, but want to change my PIN - as I can't remember it - but it asks me for my original PIN not...
  6. unable to login with correct password windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to login with correct password windows 10: Hi, Recently I bought lenovo IdeaPad 330S model. regularly updating the Microsoft software. After one of update, my login password not working, page stuck in aeroplane mode. Safe mode login tried several times, not useful. If I go to uninstall or restore or command prompt...
  7. How change LOGIN password to Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How change LOGIN password to Windows 10: I just tried to change my login password to my computer. Followed the instructions and got no error message. However, when I rebooted and tried to sign in, it wouldn't accept my new password. It only accepted my old password. Need help here, thanks. I also noticed that I...
  8. Unable to change Windows login password.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change Windows login password.: I am unable to change my current password for administrator account on Windows 10 home ver. 1. I click the start menu button, 2. I click the settings icon button, 3. In the Windows settings window I click the accounts not actually an icon, 4. I cannot find where...
  9. Change of login password in windows 10

Change of login password in windows 10: Hi, I am having trouble changing the login password for my windows 10 PC. I have tried changing it via the 'Change Password' option in Settings but all that does is change the Microsoft Account Password. I need to change the password I use to log in to the PC daily and not...
  10. Windows 10 Login Password Change

Windows 10 Login Password Change: I have changed my email password which i thought would have synced with my windows10 login. How do I get them to be the same? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-login-password-change/e7a8490d-40f3-416b-90d4-8bf88679235c"