Windows 10: Unable to login OR RDP using Microsoft Account

Discus and support Unable to login OR RDP using Microsoft Account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi Everyone,I have three computers that were set up using my Microsoft Account. Recently I tried to RDP into one of them and I can't. I tried both the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Wamoom, Nov 19, 2021.

1. Wamoom Win User

Unable to login OR RDP using Microsoft Account

Hi Everyone,I have three computers that were set up using my Microsoft Account. Recently I tried to RDP into one of them and I can't. I tried both the local PIN and my Microsoft Account password. Both resulted in "The logon attempt failed". I experienced this in the past and after switching from a Microsoft Account to a local account and back again, it resolved itself but that isn't helping here.Important Details:All three computers are on Windows 10 Pro 21H2All three computers have Remote Desktop enabledMy Microsoft Account is allowed to RDP into all threeMy Microsoft Account uses a custom em

:)

Wamoom, Nov 19, 2021

2. Microsoft Account and Authentication during RDP

Hello, trying to RDP to my windows 10 (fall creators update) via RDP but the RDP client always fails with invalid credential.

I have tried the combinations:

• Microsoft account primary alias and Microsoft account password
    • Local username associated with my Microsoft account and Microsoft account password
    Neither is accepted for sign in. I have Mobile sign in enabled on my account so I technically never entered my password here.

Lambros Vasiliou, Nov 19, 2021
  3. Unable to login with microsoft account

Hi,

Issues with signing in to a Microsoft account are usually happening due
    the two-step verification is turned on or you are traveling or using a new device.
    For us to provide an accurate resolution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Are you experiencing the sign in issue upon logging in to your computer?
    • Are you having the same error when you are trying to sign in to your Microsoft account using a web browser? If yes, is the same issue happening even when you are using other web browsers?
    • Have you made any changes to your account before this issue occurred?
    • What changes have you made to your computer prior to having this issue?

In the meantime, we suggest that you read and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps on these links:

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Nov 19, 2021
  4. Unable to login OR RDP using Microsoft Account

MICROSOFT ACCOUNT LOGIN

Hi Arbaaz,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Are you able to login with Microsoft account in web?
    • What happens exactly when you try to login using Microsoft account?
    I suggest you to login to Microsoft account through online login.live.com, if you are able to login to Microsoft account on web then you can reset the password and then try to login and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 19, 2021
Thema:

Unable to login OR RDP using Microsoft Account

1. Unable to login OR RDP using Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Unable login RDP

2. Can't RDP to computer account that uses MS login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't RDP to computer account that uses MS login: Here's the problem. Some of my windows machines have both local accounts and MS accounts. Machine A, for example, has Administrator is a local account while the account name "UserName" uses a Microsoft login.When I'm using Machine B and want to RDP to Machine A as...
  3. Can't RDP to computer account that uses MS login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't RDP to computer account that uses MS login: Here's the problem. Some of my windows machines have both local accounts and MS accounts. Machine A, for example, has Administrator is a local account while the account name "UserName" uses a Microsoft login.When I'm using Machine B and want to RDP to Machine A as...
  4. RDP to Desktop using Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP to Desktop using Microsoft Account: I am having trouble using RDP to connect to a desktop that I have just configured using my Microsoft account. I have tried the steps in the below running the link runas /u:MicrosoftAccount\*** Email address is removed for privacy *** winver but am not able to enter the...
  5. RDP to Desktop using Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP to Desktop using Microsoft Account: I am having trouble using RDP to connect to a desktop that I have just configured using my Microsoft account. I have tried the steps in the below running the link runas /u:MicrosoftAccount\*** Email address is removed for privacy *** winver but am not able to enter the...
  6. RDP to Desktop using Microsoft Account

7. Unable to login in Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login in Microsoft account.: Currently, I'm in India but bought the laptop from the US.Account registered by US contact number then after permanently close the service of that contact number as I'm in India now. Don't remember the account password and now unable to reset the passwordDisplay the US...
  8. Unable to login OR RDP using Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login OR RDP using Microsoft Account: Hi Everyone,I have three computers that were set up using my Microsoft Account. Recently I tried to RDP into one of them and I can't. I tried both the local PIN and my Microsoft Account password. Both resulted in "The logon attempt failed". I experienced this in the past and...
  9. Unable to login OR RDP using Microsoft Account

Unable to login OR RDP using Microsoft Account: Hi Everyone,I have three computers that were set up using my Microsoft Account. Recently I tried to RDP into one of them and I can't. I tried both the local PIN and my Microsoft Account password. Both resulted in "The logon attempt failed". I experienced this in the past and...
  10. Unable to Login to the Laptop Using Microsoft Account Password.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to Login to the Laptop Using Microsoft Account Password.: After forgetting my live password, which I cant get into my laptop without, I had it reset. It keeps telling me that my new password is incorrect when I am absolutely 101% certain that it was correct. ***Moved From: Other/Unknown/Ease of access*** ***Edited Original...