Windows 10: Unable to login, pin can not be used and no network unless in safe mode

Discus and support Unable to login, pin can not be used and no network unless in safe mode in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; HiWe just updated my sons pc with new case & motherboard. The former was a HP Omen and now its custom parts. Now when booting up there is no network... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Mikkellson, Oct 6, 2021.

1. Unable to login, pin can not be used and no network unless in safe mode

HiWe just updated my sons pc with new case & motherboard. The former was a HP Omen and now its custom parts. Now when booting up there is no network indicated on the login screen, Windows says something happened and your pin is not available. Password isn't valid and it nor pin can not be changed since there is no network.When starting with Safe mode with network it won't allow password or pin to be changed.What are our options in terms of recovering the account or is the only option to reinstall windows?If reinstallation is the option, can we do it from the boot menu of windows, or do we

:)

Mikkellson, Oct 6, 2021

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 6, 2021
  3. Unable to login using The login PIN

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the pin and check fi it helps.

• In the login page next to “PIN password option”.
    • You will find “Other sign in options”, click on it will prompt you for regular password.
    • Enter regular password and login to the computer.
    • I suggest you to click on the Start Menu
      and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Under the “PIN tab” click on “ADD” option.
    • It will prompt you for current pin password and new password, please provide
      new password then apply the changes, restart
      the computer and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 6, 2021
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Unable to login, pin can not be used and no network unless in safe mode

PIN not working in Safe mode

Hello,

Windows 10 may have encountered a corruption that caused your machine not to recognize your pin. For us to better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Is this also happening even if you're not on Safe mode?
    • Are you getting an error message whenever you enter your pin?

Meanwhile, if you're able to log into your computer if you're not in Safe mode, we recommend that you visit this

link
    . From there, you'll see a thread with a similar issue, kindly see the reply of
    Kapil Arya MVP and follow the steps on his reply.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Oct 6, 2021
Thema:

Unable to login, pin can not be used and no network unless in safe mode

1. Unable to login, pin can not be used and no network unless in safe mode - Similar Threads - Unable login pin

2. I can not login in Windows 10 Safe Mode with Networking

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can not login in Windows 10 Safe Mode with Networking: A few hours ago, I was trying to uninstall a program using the Safe Mode in my sister's computer. Everything went fine, until the login screen showed up. It did not let me login using the PIN because the safe mode doesn't let you use Internet connectionI made a research on...
  3. I can not login in Windows 10 Safe Mode with Networking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not login in Windows 10 Safe Mode with Networking: A few hours ago, I was trying to uninstall a program using the Safe Mode in my sister's computer. Everything went fine, until the login screen showed up. It did not let me login using the PIN because the safe mode doesn't let you use Internet connectionI made a research on...
  4. I can not login in Windows 10 Safe Mode with Networking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. can not login to windows in safe mode

can not login to windows in safe mode: when i try to login to windows with my correct password it doesnt let me login, it says incirrect password. I’ve also tried logging in using my microsoft account password and it still is not working....
  6. Unable to login in safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to login in safe mode: You responded to a question from Feb 5th about this problem. I tried your solution & it did not work & resulted in this response: "The boot configuration data store could not be opened. The requested system device cannot be found." Initially, I tried to Safe Boot my Dell XPS...
  7. Unable to login in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to login in safe mode: I used the Safe Mode in order to remove drivers. In this process I checked the option Boot in Safe Mode in msconfig. Now, when I am trying to login, the system says - incorrect password. I know that the password is correct. The system goes into Safe Mode each time when I am...
  8. Login from safe mode minimal to with networking.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Login from safe mode minimal to with networking.: So i put my laptop on safemode minimal. It won't let me login at all with either Microsoft password or normal login. It won't connect to the internet either. I can't find the troubleshoot option as it goes straight into the enter password page. How should I proceed?...
  9. Unable to go into safe mode to change pin

Unable to go into safe mode to change pin: Tried everything according to the forums help. I got the pin error code that doesn’t allow me to log into the laptop. I can’t pull up the start menu either to do anything. Tried to get into the safe mode to see if i can remove the pin but it would go into restart then back to...
  10. Unable to login in safe mode

Unable to login in safe mode: Hello, I entered safe mode to check some issue with my system however in spite of entering correct password (which is same as my Microsoft account password) the login screen shows incorrect password. I have tried safe mode with networking and my system is connected to...