Windows 10: Unable to login Surface Pro 7

Discus and support Unable to login Surface Pro 7 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I have a laptop Microsoft Surface Pro 7 but I forgot the login password and it's is having Bit locker encryption. I need to reset the password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Dinesh Kumar_32, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Unable to login Surface Pro 7

Hi,I have a laptop Microsoft Surface Pro 7 but I forgot the login password and it's is having Bit locker encryption. I need to reset the password without data loss.Please let me know the solution.Thanks Dinesh

:)

Dinesh Kumar_32, Oct 12, 2021
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Surface Pro 4 Log in issues

Hello Bex,

For us to help you suggest steps to resolve the issue, we would like to know some information:

• Did you get any error messages when signing in to your account?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried to login using a different Microsoft account or local account on the computer?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Ashish Sondhi on this

link

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Oct 12, 2021
  3. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Oct 12, 2021
  4. Megahertz Win User

Unable to login Surface Pro 7

Mirroring Surface Pro 7 to Sony Android TV?

The Sony TV has a Android OS that can receive AirPlay (Apple) and your Surface Pro 7 has Windows.
    I suggest you go to a Sony forum and ask how to connect a Windows Surface Pro 7 wireless to your Sony TV.

Megahertz, Oct 12, 2021
Thema:

Unable to login Surface Pro 7

1. Unable to login Surface Pro 7 - Similar Threads - Unable login Surface

2. surface pro 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    surface pro 7: My Sp will not boot. it gets to throubshooting and or reset screens but freezes everytime . I can not get into it at all. How can I make me a recovery from my regualr PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-7/51472c20-b453-4ef4-a968-7d1f5113a1b5
  3. surface pro 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    surface pro 7: My Sp will not boot. it gets to throubshooting and or reset screens but freezes everytime . I can not get into it at all. How can I make me a recovery from my regualr PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-7/51472c20-b453-4ef4-a968-7d1f5113a1b5
  4. Surface pro 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 7: Today my surface presented this see picture on the screen after having used it for at least 3 hours in a row. I don't know what caused it but maybe it was because it got hot. I am very disappointed in how easily it was damaged. has it happened to someone? has anyone solved...
  5. Surface pro 7

Surface pro 7: Today my surface presented this see picture on the screen after having used it for at least 3 hours in a row. I don't know what caused it but maybe it was because it got hot. I am very disappointed in how easily it was damaged. has it happened to someone? has anyone solved...
  6. Unable to rename Surface Pro 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to rename Surface Pro 7: I have a Surface Pro 7 running Windows 11. When I attempt to rename the PC the option is disabled Grayed out in settings.It seems like my account does not have administrator permissions. I don't understand this since I am the only user.How can I rename my Surface Pro 7?...
  7. Unable to rename Surface Pro 7

Unable to rename Surface Pro 7: I have a Surface Pro 7 running Windows 11. When I attempt to rename the PC the option is disabled Grayed out in settings.It seems like my account does not have administrator permissions. I don't understand this since I am the only user.How can I rename my Surface Pro 7?...
  8. Unable to login Surface Pro 7

Unable to login Surface Pro 7: Hi,I have a laptop Microsoft Surface Pro 7 but I forgot the login password and it's is having Bit locker encryption. I need to reset the password without data loss.Please let me know the solution.Thanks Dinesh...
  9. Unable to login Surface Pro 7

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to login Surface Pro 7: Hi,I have a laptop Microsoft Surface Pro 7 but I forgot the login password and it's is having Bit locker encryption. I need to reset the password without data loss.Please let me know the solution.Thanks Dinesh...
  10. Unable to setup surface pro 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to setup surface pro 7: I just bought a used surface pro 7, but am unable to set it up. Whenever I try I get "it looks like Windows didn't load correctly" . I've tried restarting multiple times, recovering/resetting back to factory. I can't do anything under admin since I've never been able to...