Windows 10: Unable to login to any microsoft accounts on Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to login to any microsoft accounts on Windows 10 in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; For a few months now I haven't been able to login to the microsoft store, or the xbox app -- basically anything on my machine that would connect me to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Matthew Del Vecchio, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Unable to login to any microsoft accounts on Windows 10

For a few months now I haven't been able to login to the microsoft store, or the xbox app -- basically anything on my machine that would connect me to a microsoft service. I can clearly log in through my browsers, and on my microsoft surface, but my desktop disallows me to do it and play the games that I've purchased.

This all started after I did a clean installation of windows 10.

I've tried changing my password (even though it works in the browser just fine), uninstalling and reinstalling my microsoft apps via powershell, changing certain options via regedit, deleting a certain file in my windows32 folder dealing with a cookie(?) of some sort for the store's login information.

All of this and more to no avail to get to login to the microsoft store to play games I've spent money on, and spend more money on their storefront on other games.

The only thing I get from the microsoft store is "We encountered an error. Please try signing in again later."

And from the Xbox app, I get "A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated."

Thanks for your time!

:)

Matthew Del Vecchio, Oct 24, 2019

2. Unable to login with microsoft account

Hi,

Issues with signing in to a Microsoft account are usually happening due
    the two-step verification is turned on or you are traveling or using a new device.
    For us to provide an accurate resolution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Are you experiencing the sign in issue upon logging in to your computer?
    • Are you having the same error when you are trying to sign in to your Microsoft account using a web browser? If yes, is the same issue happening even when you are using other web browsers?
    • Have you made any changes to your account before this issue occurred?
    • What changes have you made to your computer prior to having this issue?

In the meantime, we suggest that you read and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps on these links:

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Oct 24, 2019
  3. unable to login to the Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to login to the Microsoft Account in Windows 10. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer this question to get more clarity on this issue:

• Are you able to login to the web account of Microsoft Account?

• Do you get any error message while trying to login to the web account of Microsoft Account?

If you are not able to login to using the online Microsoft account then ensure that you are typing the password correctly. Make sure that Caps Lock is turned off, and that your email address is spelled correctly, and then try again.

Article for reference:

When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-live/sign-in-cant

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Oct 24, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Unable to login to any microsoft accounts on Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

Unable to login to any microsoft accounts on Windows 10

1. Unable to login to any microsoft accounts on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable login microsoft

2. unable to login in any apps in my laptop with microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to login in any apps in my laptop with microsoft account: unable to login in any apps in my laptop with microsoft account . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-login-in-any-apps-in-my-laptop-with/0ae3d4b5-b413-46ef-a4a6-d7dccaeb7ae8
  3. unable to login in any apps in my laptop with microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to login in any apps in my laptop with microsoft account: unable to login in any apps in my laptop with microsoft account . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-login-in-any-apps-in-my-laptop-with/0ae3d4b5-b413-46ef-a4a6-d7dccaeb7ae8
  4. Unable to login with Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login with Microsoft Account: I can't log in Microsoft account through Setting or other applications needs to login Microsoft account.When I clicked the button the window flashback and nothing happened.I've referred to Link: This, but as a result, it doesn't take effect.And I'm trying not to reinstall my...
  5. Unable to login with Microsoft Account

Unable to login with Microsoft Account: I can't log in Microsoft account through Setting or other applications needs to login Microsoft account.When I clicked the button the window flashback and nothing happened.I've referred to Link: This, but as a result, it doesn't take effect.And I'm trying not to reinstall my...
  6. Unable to login in Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login in Microsoft account.: Currently, I'm in India but bought the laptop from the US.Account registered by US contact number then after permanently close the service of that contact number as I'm in India now. Don't remember the account password and now unable to reset the passwordDisplay the US...
  7. Unable to login in Microsoft account.

Unable to login in Microsoft account.: Currently, I'm in India but bought the laptop from the US.Account registered by US contact number then after permanently close the service of that contact number as I'm in India now. Don't remember the account password and now unable to reset the passwordDisplay the US...
  8. Unable to Login to Any Microsoft App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Login to Any Microsoft App: I recently transferred my Microsoft account to a different email and I am now unable to login to any Microsoft app like the Microsoft Store, the Xbox Console Companion, or even games like Halo: The Master Chief collection. I am, however, able to log in to all listed using...
  9. Unable to login into Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to login into Microsoft Account: I was trying to install Turbo Tax and have a problem with NET frame 5.4.2. I googled it and was advised to go to Control Panel to change to Selective Startup and restart. After doing that, I restart my computer and my Microsoft account does not recognize either my PIN or...
  10. Unable to login with Microsoft account.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to login with Microsoft account.: Since I bought this PC I've logged into it with myMicrosoft user account which uses my own domain email account. The account had the display name of but the folder in "Users" was named with only used the the first 5 characters "norma". This has never been a problem until the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to login to windows 10

2. how to add a device my microsoft account when i can not get logged inyo my microsoft account