Windows 10: Unable to Login to Domain

Discus and support Unable to Login to Domain in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Have Lenovo with Win 10 Home installed. Run upgrade to 10 Pro. Joined to domain. Assigned 2-3 domain users to be able to login to this machine.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by dedythea, Aug 10, 2016.

1. dedythea Win User

Unable to Login to Domain

Have Lenovo with Win 10 Home installed.
    Run upgrade to 10 Pro.
    Joined to domain.
    Assigned 2-3 domain users to be able to login to this machine.
    Failed to login with any domain users, says" The user name or password is incorrect. Try again".
    Tried to use static IP, re-join to domain, change computer name, disable IP6 -- NO LUCK.
    Tried to do drive mapping from command line using domain user, it works.
    Please advise.
    Domain is in Windows 2008 R2.

:)

dedythea, Aug 10, 2016

2. Domain iSSUE

Hi MS technical team,

Myself Anusha...i have changed domain name ....to wrong domain name....now i'm unable to login to that system desktop....so,how can i change domain name to old domain....& login to my desktop,,

Please help to resolve my problem asap......

Regards,

Anusha.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Anusha GBS, Aug 10, 2016
  3. Windows 10Pro unable to login 2008 domain from domain user after upgrade

• I upgraded our Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 and it's done successfully
    • When I log in with domain Administrator account and it works fine
    • But when I tried to log in with existing domain user or new domain user after entering the password the welcome screen shows then sign out immediately

• Windows 10 Pro is activated by digital license
    • Windows 10Pro inbuilt antivirus only
    • Windows 2008 R2 Domain controller -- Forest and domain set as 2008 R2

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup]

Ayyanar Sithanandhan, Aug 10, 2016
  4. donbaham Win User

Very interested to see if anyone has a solution to this issue as we are experiencing the exact same thing. Our domain is still Windows 2003 functional level.

donbaham, Aug 11, 2016
  5. rgrlahti Win User
    Same problem here. Looks like it's new to the latest Windows 10 update. I'm troubleshooting now and will update once I have a solution

rgrlahti, Aug 12, 2016
  6. LloydSt Win User
    I thought that the problem was just on this one computer we recently obtained, an off-the-self, stock HP notebook, model# 15-AY014DX purchased from Best Buy, so I'm actually kinda glad to see that other brands are affected as well. We did soup up this HP, replacing the hard drive with a 480 GB SanDisk SSD and replaced the 8 Gb of memory with 16 Gb of Patriot memory, and that worked even though the good front line folks at HP said that that wasn't doable, whereas the Geek Squad said it was possible, did it, and the computer now runs amazingly fast with no other problems other than this Username/password rejection problem when attempting to log in to the server.

By the way, we did try removing the Windows 10 update, updating the chipset and other stuff, flashing the Bios,..........and still no joy.

I did come across a site that mentioned a similar situation in passing and someone suggested that perhaps the wrong keyboard had been selected. But I don't see anything odd there on our machine. Maybe I'm missing something?

I mention these details in case someone may spot a commonality with their own situation that may lead to a solution, or at least an explanation. It doesn't make sense to me that those details might be a cause, but you never know.

LloydSt, Aug 14, 2016
  7. We are experiencing the same issue

dablumberg, Aug 14, 2016
  8. frankc Win User

we are experiencing the same problem with new windows 10 pro installations and domain users not being able to login.

frankc, Aug 15, 2016
  9. mgasparri Win User
    Same issue here with a Dell laptop.

mgasparri, Aug 17, 2016
  10. Samuria Win User
    Can we confirm users can login to domain OK from other PCs

Samuria, Aug 17, 2016
  11. mgasparri Win User
    On Windows 7 can login OK. This is the only Windows 10 PC.

mgasparri, Aug 17, 2016
  12. mgasparri Win User
    Solved! Problem is with Version 1607.

Solution:

1) Restored to factory (Windows 10 Home Version 1507)
    2) Upgraded to Windows 10 Home Version 1511 (using en_windows_10_multiple_editions_version_1511_x64_dvd_7223712.iso)
    3) Changed Home to Pro version with default product key (VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T)
    4) Activated with VLK product key

mgasparri, Aug 18, 2016
  13. LloydSt Win User

Thanks for posting a solution mgasparri!

Might I ask where you found copies of Windows 10 version 1507 and 1511? Also, I'm wondering if I could just go straight to installing 1511 without going all the way back to 1507? Or is installing 1507 first required for your solution to work?

Thanks!

LloydSt, Aug 30, 2016
  14. mgasparri Win User
    Hi! Version 1507 came with the PC. I think it's possible to install 1511 directly. I've downloaded it from MSDN (we have a suscription).

mgasparri, Aug 30, 2016
  15. LloydSt Win User
    I tried going directly from Win 10, version 1607 to Win 10, Version 1511, and it worked! I did end up having to call Microsoft (800-642-7676), joining their "Assure Software Support Plan" (149.00 plus tax) and then they arranged a download of Version 1511, which I installed. (If one has access to Version 1511, then one could avoid having to join the Assure Plan") But, then I inserted the Pro Product Key, joined our domain, and then logged in to our domain, and it worked!

This was after speaking to advanced support (which usually costs $499.00!), but which I got for free by arguing a bit and pointing out that it was a MS caused problem. But those 3-4 hours were wasted time because the guy could not fix the problem. Interestingly, at the end of our consultation, he hinted that it was a "Known Issue," to which I pointedly asked him if it really was a "known issue" and he said that, "Yes, it is."

So, you're best bet is to find a version of Windows 10, version 1511 (maybe someone can point out a source?) and install that. That is the key to solving this problem.

One warning: Someone gave me a copy of Version 1511, but it was officially known as Windows 10 Pro N. That"N" is a problem. Microsoft could not get a Pro Product Key to work with the "N" version.

LloydSt, Aug 30, 2016
Thema:

1. Unable to Login to Domain - Similar Threads - Unable Login Domain

2. Remote laptop domain login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote laptop domain login: I have laptops Hybrid joined to an Azure/AD domain. I want remote users to have the ability to login that have never logged into their laptop before. The laptops are joined to our AD domain.I am told users could do this in the past by logging in with the full e-mail address...
  3. Restrict Laptop to Domain Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restrict Laptop to Domain Login: Hi all, I wish to link an account to only allow domain login for a laptop for my workplace, ie prevent them from logging in with any Microsoft account and force them to use their domain account. I have tried following the instructions here, Join a Computer to a Domain, but I...
  4. Restrict Laptop to Domain Login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restrict Laptop to Domain Login: Hi all, I wish to link an account to only allow domain login for a laptop for my workplace, ie prevent them from logging in with any Microsoft account and force them to use their domain account. I have tried following the instructions here, Join a Computer to a Domain, but I...
  5. Restrict Laptop to Domain Login

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Domain user login not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Domain user login not working: Hi All, I have a some doubt regarding one of user logon scenario.I am using _KERB_INTERACTIVE_UNLOCK_LOGON structure. Under that Logon member is corresponding to KERB_INTERACTIVE_LOGON.Here is the structure:typedef struct _KERB_INTERACTIVE_LOGON { KERB_LOGON_SUBMIT_TYPE...
  7. Domain user login not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Domain user login not working: Hi All, I have a some doubt regarding one of user logon scenario.I am using _KERB_INTERACTIVE_UNLOCK_LOGON structure. Under that Logon member is corresponding to KERB_INTERACTIVE_LOGON.Here is the structure:typedef struct _KERB_INTERACTIVE_LOGON { KERB_LOGON_SUBMIT_TYPE...
  8. Domain user login not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Login on a desktop out of domain

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login on a desktop out of domain: Hi, Due to the pandemic, one friend closed the company and sold the server Win Server 2012 and the desktops but kept one of the desktops where the financial data was. Unfortunately I am unable to access the computer. The PC is called ADM01, so I tried already to login as...
  10. Domain and Local account login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Domain and Local account login: Hello, I have an Azure joined laptop with my domain account. Also I have a local account on the laptop as well. When I start the device, it logs into the local account first (no password on the local account so signs straight in). To get onto my domain account, I have...