Windows 10: Unable to login to local accounts on Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Unable to login to local accounts on Windows 10 Pro in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; We just installed a new Dell OptiPlex running Windows 10 Pro and are unable to login to local accounts we create. How does one do that?... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Dave Martin (dpm), Jul 17, 2019.

1. Unable to login to local accounts on Windows 10 Pro

We just installed a new Dell OptiPlex running Windows 10 Pro and are unable to login to local accounts we create. How does one do that?

:)

Dave Martin (dpm), Jul 17, 2019

2. Local vs Network user accounts

I just did a VM install, just to verify that I don't speak total crap.

Steps I took:

1. Installed Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 15063.0
    2. Entered the License Key
    3. Created a local account
    4. Went to accounts and added my Microsoft account
    5. Let Windows use this account for all apps
    6. Checked status on Microsoft account web page.
    7. Verified that the VM shows up there
    8. deleted my VM locally
    9. created a new VM installation without entering the License Key (on same VM but totally new Virtual disk)
    10. re-did steps 3-7
    11. verified that my VM is activated.

And indeed it is activated and I login to my VM using local account which is linked to my MS account. Unable to login to local accounts on Windows 10 Pro :)

Should I create a Video of this or do you trust my word on it? Or better yet test it yourself if you have a valid license key you can waste on a VM.

slicendice, Jul 17, 2019
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Unable to login to a local account

Hi,

Failure to log in using your password on your device means that the user profile that you currently accessing can be corrupted.
    As stated on this article if you don’t have a Microsoft account associated
    on your device and you can’t log in to Windows properly using a local account, you can’t recover it, thus making it impossible to access your files. However, in your case, since you have an additional local account that you may use to access Windows, we suggest
    that you transfer all the important files from the affected account to the active account that you’re using. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + E to open
      File Explorer
    • Navigate to this folder C:\Users.
    • Check for your user account or username.
    • Double-click your username and you can see many folders.
    • Desktop, Downloads, and Documents are the most common folders wherein your files are saved.

In addition, if you have successfully transferred all the important files to the active account, you may decide to delete the affected one.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Sher Amo, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Unable to login to local accounts on Windows 10 Pro

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

Unable to login to local accounts on Windows 10 Pro

1. Unable to login to local accounts on Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Unable login local

2. Local account password forgotten ,unable to login PC windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local account password forgotten ,unable to login PC windows: Local account password forgotten ,unable to login PC windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-account-password-forgotten-unable-to-login/f5145907-baed-4746-8e89-d11666404a1c
  3. Local account password forgotten ,unable to login PC windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local account password forgotten ,unable to login PC windows: Local account password forgotten ,unable to login PC windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-account-password-forgotten-unable-to-login/f5145907-baed-4746-8e89-d11666404a1c
  4. Local account password forgotten ,unable to login PC windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to login to Windows 11 Pro with Local User Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to login to Windows 11 Pro with Local User Account: Ive created a LOCAL USER account as admin using Control Panel but there is no option to login as LOCAL USER. Ive also tried to change user login options in ACCOUNT SETTINGS but it doesnt exist shown in Screenshot examples. Is there a reg hack or something.COuldnt get the...
  6. How to login to Windows 11 Pro with Local User Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to login to Windows 11 Pro with Local User Account: Ive created a LOCAL USER account as admin using Control Panel but there is no option to login as LOCAL USER. Ive also tried to change user login options in ACCOUNT SETTINGS but it doesnt exist shown in Screenshot examples. Is there a reg hack or something.COuldnt get the...
  7. Unable to login to local account after renaming account - Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to login to local account after renaming account - Win 10 Pro: Renamed local windows account but did not set a password via Computer Management Console - Now asking for password after restarting. Any help? Edit: There was no password set prior and this was an admin account submitted by /u/lifewithjesse [link] [comments]...
  8. windows 10 pro local account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 pro local account.: Hi, I am new to desktop and I`m learning as i go, My question is where did I go WRONG? My windows administration account is active. When I visit account settings everything looks and seems ok, but almost any discussion it tells me I need administrative permission to make...
  9. Windows 10 Pro Local Account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Pro Local Account: I have read that you can't make a local account anymore is this true? Will I not be able to make a local account if I purchase Windows 10 Pro in stores that come with the USB Stick? submitted by /u/JMatzelle993 [link] [comments]...
  10. Created local account, but unable to login.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Created local account, but unable to login.: I am trying to create a local account on my Win10 Pro machine. I have gone through the various steps and have an account created, but I have no option to login to that account. I can see the user in Local Users and Groups (not disabled), but the name does NOT appear on the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 unable to login

2. unable to login to local account windows 10

3. unable to logon to windows 10 locally

4. win 10 unabke to logon to local users,
  5. Unable to login to local account,
  6. unable to lginto local account,
  7. unable to login to a local account,
  8. unable to login to win 10 with local account