Windows 10: unable to login to Microsoft sites using windows hello PIN

Discus and support unable to login to Microsoft sites using windows hello PIN in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I know this is probably not the correct forum for this, but I was unable to find a more appropriate forum for this issue. I am trying to log into... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Cybot, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Cybot Win User

unable to login to Microsoft sites using windows hello PIN

I know this is probably not the correct forum for this, but I was unable to find a more appropriate forum for this issue.

I am trying to log into my Microsoft account to leave a comment on a Microsoft page, but for whatever reason, it is failing. My account is predates Windows 10, but has been in use continuously since it was originally opened. the error I am getting seems to be saying that it is not supporting the account which was originally opened as a Microsoft Passport account back in the day.

here is the error message below:

Sorry, but we’re having trouble signing you in.

AADSTS500202: User account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***' from external identity provider 'live.com' is not supported for API version '2.0'. Microsoft account pass-thru users and guests are not supported by the tenant-independent endpoint.

troubleshooting details:

Request Id: 9f0a497d-5709-472d-a896-9388989db300

Correlation Id: 9f448675-5d36-4c1c-8308-c9faab0dd065

Timestamp: 2020-10-25T15:43:13Z

Message: AADSTS500202: User account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***' from external identity provider 'live.com' is not supported for API version '2.0'. Microsoft account pass-thru users and guests are not supported by the tenant-independent endpoint.

Live.com is or was originally a Microsoft domain through which my account was linked when i switched from Windows XP to Windows 7 Ultimate. why is this error occuring and how do i get it to stop happening? this is not the first time this error has occured elsewhere on a microsoft owned site wwhen trying to log in. this error primarily seems to occur when i try and use my Windows 10 PIN to login to my Microsoft Account using Windows Hello. logging in using my Password and 2FA Microsoft Authenticator poses no issues.

:)

Cybot, Oct 25, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Oct 25, 2020
  3. FingerPrint - Without Windows Hello PIN

Hi Xinete,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your query, I like to inform you that; we cannot set the finger print Logon without setting the Windows hello pin. Windows hello pin will work as an alternative option to login to your computer through finger print Logon. Windows hello
    pin will help you to login to your computer if you are unable to login to your computer through finger print authentication.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to enable finger print logon.

• Press Windows key + r and type
      gpedit.msc
      and hit Enter.

• Select Administrative Templates under
      Computer Configuration.

• Select Windows Components.

• Select Biometrics.
    In Biometrics > consider that for a home system, you might enable the following:

1) Allow the use of biometrics

2) Allow users to log on using biometrics

For information, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/getstarted-what-is-hello

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 25, 2020
  4. unable to login to Microsoft sites using windows hello PIN

Unable to login into the blogger site.

Hello Janet,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

From the above description, I understand you are unable to login into your blogger URL on the PC but the same is possible on the mobile device.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Which browser are you using to access the blogging website (Edge, Internet explorer or other browsers)?
    • Are you not able to login into other websites on the browser?
    • Did you check if the login is permitted in another browser?

I suggest you to check if you are able to login and access the blogger site on other browsers. If the issue does not persists, check if you are able to access other websites on the browser you are unable to login to the blogger site.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

unable to login to Microsoft sites using windows hello PIN

1. unable to login to Microsoft sites using windows hello PIN - Similar Threads - unable login Microsoft

2. Unable to create Hello PIN - Stuck in login loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to create Hello PIN - Stuck in login loop: Hello! I recently purchased a Langmuir CNC machine system and one of the steps is to log into a Microsoft account to access the application. As per the instructions included, I created a Microsoft account. After creating a login, it asks me to create a “Hello PIN” in the...
  3. Unable to create Hello PIN - Stuck in login loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to create Hello PIN - Stuck in login loop: Hello! I recently purchased a Langmuir CNC machine system and one of the steps is to log into a Microsoft account to access the application. As per the instructions included, I created a Microsoft account. After creating a login, it asks me to create a “Hello PIN” in the...
  4. Unable to create Hello PIN - Stuck in login loop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to create Hello PIN - Stuck in login loop: Hello! I recently purchased a Langmeyer system and one of the steps is to log into a Microsoft account to access the application. As per the instructions included, I created a Microsoft account. After creating a login, it asks me to create a “Hello PIN” in the pop-up window....
  5. Unable to reset pin to use Microsoft Hello, Not able to connect to Microsoft Customer Support

Unable to reset pin to use Microsoft Hello, Not able to connect to Microsoft Customer Support: Unable to reset pin to use Microsoft Hello, Not able to connect to Microsoft Customer Support https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-reset-pin-to-use-microsoft-hello-not/1f1b4baf-fcae-41ba-8fa1-88572690e5e0
  6. Unable to login using Windows Hello!

Unable to login using Windows Hello!: Hi, When I purchased my HP Z Book Studio G5, I was able to login using either my fingerprint or my face. But after sometime, I think after some Windows update both features stopped working soWindows Hello Face or Windows Hello Fingerprint does not show up anymore during...
  7. Unable to login using Windows Hello Face

Unable to login using Windows Hello Face: My Windows hello facial recognition stopped working a few days ago. I removed it and tried to redo it and this is the message I got. Sorry, something went wrong. It looks like you've already set up Windows Hello on another account. Remove face recognition from your other...
  8. Problem with login using hello picture and pin

Problem with login using hello picture and pin: Something went wrong during a sign in and both the windows hello and pin login are shown as not available. They both worked earlier on my machine. Is there a way to fix this....
  9. Windows Hello & Pin Login NOT displaying on Login Screen

Windows Hello & Pin Login NOT displaying on Login Screen: I have an HP Folio G1 laptop, which has a fingerprint reader. I have Windows 10 Pro version 1803 Build 17134.407. The only option on the login screen is for password. Both the pin and biometic (fingerprint) have disappeared. I'm not exactly sure when this has happened,...
  10. Unable to Pin Web Site to Start

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to Pin Web Site to Start: I try to [pin a web site to start but after selecting "Pin this page to start" I get no confirmation dialog. The page is nowhere in the start screen and I have no issues with other web sites I've tried to pin. This is after a clean install and this occurred yesterday...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. AADSTS500202: User account mailto:hnishio0105@outlook.com from external identity provider http://live.com is not supported for API version 2.0.