Windows 10: Unable to login to my HP upon the start

Discus and support Unable to login to my HP upon the start in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I have a HP computer where the start up is not recognizing my password. I'm trying to reset it, but it's asking for a disk. How can I retrieve... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mwilliams0624, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Unable to login to my HP upon the start

Hi, I have a HP computer where the start up is not recognizing my password. I'm trying to reset it, but it's asking for a disk. How can I retrieve this to get in?

To clarify, I turn on my computer, it requires a password, I'm using the same password I had always used and now it's not recognizing it. Please help!

:)

Mwilliams0624, Sep 3, 2020

2. Unable to access HP Simple Pass to Sign-in to the computer on Windows 10

Hi Jerome,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing HP simple pass after upgrading to Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you installed HP simple pass software on your computer?

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to download the latest HP Simple Pass software from the manufacturer's website install it and check if it helps.

Step 2: If you have already installed the software, I suggest you to re-install it and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to Access Recovery Manager:

• Press Start button from the keyboard, type Recover Manager.
    • Select Recovery Manager from the list when it becomes available. Allow the action to continue, if prompted. The
      HP Recovery Manager opens.
    • Click Software program re-installation, Next , select
      HP SimplePass for the listing and then follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall application

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 3, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Sep 3, 2020
  4. zinou Win User

Unable to login to my HP upon the start

5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

Ok, let the powershell command run overnight
    If the command didn't solve the problem, the try these steps in order:

1. Disable superfetch service
      • Empty the following folder c:\Windows\Prefetch\
      • Restart the computer
      • Si ça ne marche pas, passer à l'étape 2;
    2. Disable the AppXSvc from the registry: change the "Start" key value from 3 to 4 (see the screenshot)

Unable to login to my HP upon the start [​IMG]

Unable to login to my HP upon the start [​IMG]

zinou, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

Unable to login to my HP upon the start

1. Unable to login to my HP upon the start - Similar Threads - Unable login upon

2. delete password upon login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    delete password upon login: RE Windows 10 ComputerHow do I delete the password upon login to my computer? I had it this way before but later added security so how can I get the login to my computer as before? There is only people I know that use my computer.Thank you.Paul Jones...
  3. delete password upon login

in Windows 10 Customization
    delete password upon login: RE Windows 10 ComputerHow do I delete the password upon login to my computer? I had it this way before but later added security so how can I get the login to my computer as before? There is only people I know that use my computer.Thank you.Paul Jones...
  4. delete password upon login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to login to my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to login to my laptop: Hello,I'm having problem to log in to my laptop, for some reason, the different options for signing in to windows are disabled, just PIN option is available and I don't recall what could be the pin and there is no option available on the screen to change/reset pin .I always...
  6. Unable to login to my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to login to my laptop: Hello,I'm having problem to log in to my laptop, for some reason, the different options for signing in to windows are disabled, just PIN option is available and I don't recall what could be the pin and there is no option available on the screen to change/reset pin .I always...
  7. Unable to login to my account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to login to my account: Somehow Microsoft has taken over y laptop and won’t let me login. As soon as I sign in, it prompts me to create a pin for fast and secure sign in and when I try, it gives me message ‘something went wrong’ and give me the option to skip the step. When I skip the step it takes...
  8. Unable to start my HP lap top

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to start my HP lap top: When I switch my lap top on I get the HP logo and the little dots start to go around and then stop, nothing happens. It will then display Preparing automatic repair - two dots start to go around then stops I switch lap top off hold button for 10 seconds Switch it back...
  9. Unable to login to my HP Pavillion laptop on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to login to my HP Pavillion laptop on Windows 10: i uninstalled Bonjour without knowing what it was and then since restarting my laptop I am unable to login as i have no internet connection. I really do not want to reset to factory settings as I have a lot of information on it that is not backed up anywhere. Please help!...
  10. Excel Automatically Starts Upon Login After Using

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel Automatically Starts Upon Login After Using: I rarely use Excel. However, our resident schedule is published in spreadsheet format. If I open it with Excel and later close/exit the Excel app, Excel will automatically start when I restart my computer or shut down/start again. I'm not sure if there is some remnant of the...