Windows 10: UNABLE to login to my Surface Book 2 using Windows Hello Face Recognition after the...

Discus and support UNABLE to login to my Surface Book 2 using Windows Hello Face Recognition after the... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am unable to login to my Surface Book 2 using Face Recognition after the version 1809 cumulative update for Windows 10 done on 9th Jan 2019 This is... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SThyl, Jan 18, 2019.

1. SThyl Win User

UNABLE to login to my Surface Book 2 using Windows Hello Face Recognition after the...

I am unable to login to my Surface Book 2 using Face Recognition after the version 1809 cumulative update for Windows 10 done on 9th Jan 2019

This is very sad. Why do you guys release these updates without proper and rigorous testing? It is sad that these failures occur on your own top of the line products like the Surface Book 2.

Most customers are today SCARED of doing a Windows 10 update as one just cannot be sure that things will work alright after the update! Let alone wanting improved functionality and a better experience with the latest updates. This is my second experience and I earnestly hope you guys at Microsoft will fix this.

Just for your info . in the last 3 years I never had any such experience on with my MacBook of IMac !!

:)

SThyl, Jan 18, 2019
  2. damastah Win User

Windows Hello Face Recognition Crashes. Surface Book

Hello,

So just go give an update. I have created another account on my Surface Book and it was able to do the Face Recognition fine. So it's not a hardware issue.

This Surface Book has been given to me by Allstate (for work). I cannot use another account for security reasons so I deleted the other account. Went on to the main administrator account and still cannot setup face recognition. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks.

damastah, Jan 18, 2019
  3. TonyPuah Win User
    hello facial recognition in surface book 2 studio mode

I often run my surface book 2 in studio mode hence the camera is towards the bottom instead of the top of the (landscape) screen. hello facial recognition appears not to be able to recognise the face until I turn the unit around (180 degrees) to have the
    camera at the top.

anyone encountered this before and is there a solution for this?

TonyPuah, Jan 18, 2019
  4. TIM
    Tim Win User

UNABLE to login to my Surface Book 2 using Windows Hello Face Recognition after the...

Determine why Windows Hello is unavailable on a Surface Book

My group has several Surface Books. We bought some of them a little under a year ago and we just bought a second round last month.

The first group are all set up to use Windows Hello w/ Facial Recognition. It works beautifully.

For the second group, Windows Hello setup is disabled on the Sign-In Options page.

All of the computers - first and second group - are on our domain.

• It could be group policy... but why would it only impact the second
      group? And I checked all of the Windows Hello for Business settings
      in gpedit, but they're all "Not Configured"
    • It could be a hardware issue... but seems strange it would impact several devices all at the same time.
    • It could be some other setting I'm unaware of.

So how can I troubleshoot this? How can I determine why the Set Up button under Face Recognition on the Sign-in Options page is disabled?

Thema:

1. UNABLE to login to my Surface Book 2 using Windows Hello Face Recognition after the... - Similar Threads - UNABLE login Surface

2. Microsoft Surface Pro 7 - Unable to setup Windows hello face recognition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Surface Pro 7 - Unable to setup Windows hello face recognition: The windows face recognition recently stopped working. When I go to the setup screen Settings > Accounts > Sign-In Options > Windows Hello face, the screen to view my face appears, however, there are no options to proceed. see attached image. Searching on this issue, all I...
  3. Microsoft Surface Pro 7 - Unable to setup Windows hello face recognition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Surface Pro 7 - Unable to setup Windows hello face recognition: The windows face recognition recently stopped working. When I go to the setup screen Settings > Accounts > Sign-In Options > Windows Hello face, the screen to view my face appears, however, there are no options to proceed. see attached image. Searching on this issue, all I...
  4. Microsoft Surface Pro 7 - Unable to setup Windows hello face recognition

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows Hello Face Recognition

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Face Recognition: Hi,I'm using a DELL Inspiron 3501, i5 11th Generation, NVIDIA GeForce MX330 2GB GDDR5 Laptop.Do I have to have IR devices listed in my devmgmt.msc to use my camera with Windows Hello Face?If yes, could anyone share a screenshot of the device manager which contains IR...
  6. Hello face recognition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hello face recognition: My hello face recognition has stopped working. In the settings it says my camera is not compatible. How do I fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-face-recognition/dd429b1c-e3eb-45ee-978e-efd8086b1f1f
  7. Hello Face Recognition

Hello Face Recognition: I recently bought a Microsoft Pro. It set up my face recognition while doing a whole laptop setup, however I dont need it anymore. when i go into settings to remove face recognition, it says currently not available but the remove and improve recognition buttons cannot be...
  8. Unable to login using Windows Hello Face

Unable to login using Windows Hello Face: My Windows hello facial recognition stopped working a few days ago. I removed it and tried to redo it and this is the message I got. Sorry, something went wrong. It looks like you've already set up Windows Hello on another account. Remove face recognition from your other...
  9. Surface Book 2 Login

Surface Book 2 Login: My buddy purchased his MS Surface Book2 a couple years ago. He always used facial recognition to log in. About a week ago, the facial recognition ceased to exist. He doesn't remember his Pin or Password. The hyperlink that says 'Forgot Pin' doesnt send me to another page...
  10. hello feature using face recognition

hello feature using face recognition: Can we set up on our computer more than one face recognition? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-feature-using-face-recognition/8215552f-9e28-41e7-9fad-d00fbaf01384"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface book 2 clean install windows hello

2. surface book2 hello troubleshooter

3. unable to login to surface book

4. surface book 2 1809 windows hello,
  5. unable to login windows surface,
  6. unable to ise some app after 2019 windows 10 phone update