Windows 10: Unable to login to OneDrive using new email address

Discus and support Unable to login to OneDrive using new email address in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there, I have updated to a new email address and updated Microsoft details. I am now having problems with syncing One Drive as it asks for my old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChrisDale5, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Unable to login to OneDrive using new email address

Hi there, I have updated to a new email address and updated Microsoft details. I am now having problems with syncing One Drive as it asks for my old email address logon details. When I try to use my old email address to login, it says there is no account for that address. How do I login to One Drive to fix my login credentials?

I've created a new sin in for my new address but it says your syncing a different account and to login with my old address. Like I say, that old address is gone and if I try to login with the old address, it says it doesn't exist?

I'll appreciate any help as I'm on a merry go round with this problem.

Cheers,

Chris

***Modified title from: One Drive***

:)

ChrisDale5, Feb 12, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to find photographs in OneDrive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to see the Photographs that are uploaded in OneDrive. I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to find the files:

1. Login to
      https://onedirve.live.com
      with your Microsoft account.
    2. Check for the folders or files that are uploaded.

If you are unable to find the photographs, I suggest you to get in touch with the OneDrive support team.

Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser, click the ‘?’ help icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support. Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Windows Login Email

• Go to "Settings" app, then click Accounts
    • Click the Link for "login using a local account" and follow the steps through
    • Go back to the same place and now link again to the correct/new email address.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Feb 12, 2020
  4. scopio Win User

Unable to login to OneDrive using new email address

OneDrive unable to find my contacts to share folders

garybo125 thanks for your suggestion which I did but it did not resolve the issue with OneDrive insisting to use my contact's first email address instead of his second email address. Eventually I deleted my contact's first email address from my Outlook.com contacts list and OneDrive then added the correct address. It seems that if you have a contact with two email addresses OneDrive will always choose one and not the other!

Berton OneDrive may not use the built-in Contacts Folder in C:\Users\USERNAMEHERE as mine is empty but of course I cannot verify this.

scopio, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Unable to login to OneDrive using new email address

1. Unable to login to OneDrive using new email address - Similar Threads - Unable login OneDrive

2. How to change email address on login for new laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change email address on login for new laptop.: Recently, I received a new laptop for Christmas. I set it up all happy with myself however when I logged onto it the next day it said ‘parent consent needed.’ I checked my gmail setting and changed my dob as I realised my it was incorrect and tried to log in again. As im not...
  3. How to change email address on login for new laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change email address on login for new laptop.: Recently, I received a new laptop for Christmas. I set it up all happy with myself however when I logged onto it the next day it said ‘parent consent needed.’ I checked my gmail setting and changed my dob as I realised my it was incorrect and tried to log in again. As im not...
  4. Unable to login via email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to login via email address: I'm trying to login to my laptop via my email address but its advising the password is incorrect. I have reset the password and can access it on my other devices. When I access my Microsoft account on another device and check my sign in activity it indicates I've had a...
  5. Unable to login via email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login via email address: I'm trying to login to my laptop via my email address but its advising the password is incorrect. I have reset the password and can access it on my other devices. When I access my Microsoft account on another device and check my sign in activity it indicates I've had a...
  6. Unable to login via email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. W10 Login email address

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    W10 Login email address: My daughter Child account has an existing ISP email address for W10 login. I have set her up with a new Outlook.com account to use as her future login. The email addresses are as follows :- *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and *** Email address is removed for...
  8. Change Login Email Address

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change Login Email Address: Hi, I have just received a new PC that has windows 10 on it. It is asking me for a Microsoft account, which I have but do not use. In order to get the machine set up I had to use this account, however, whenever I purchase software etc it uses this account name and I...
  9. new email address

new email address: My new email address for my Microsoft account is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Could you please make note of this change. I always have trouble with login since I changed my email....
  10. Misspelled email address login

Misspelled email address login: We don't know what happened, but my friend's daughter was using the laptop and did something and now the only user option to login is misspelled. We don't see an option to switch users or to login with the correct email address. We did go through and successfully change...