Windows 10: Unable to login to Windows 10 because required password change even though I use a Pin

Discus and support Unable to login to Windows 10 because required password change even though I use a Pin in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a friend who uses a pin to login to a Windows 10 Home version. He has done this for a couple of years successfully. Now out of the blue ,after... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by iwork2ski, Nov 27, 2020.

1. iwork2ski Win User

Unable to login to Windows 10 because required password change even though I use a Pin

I have a friend who uses a pin to login to a Windows 10 Home version. He has done this for a couple of years successfully. Now out of the blue ,after putting in his pin a screen comes up and says "You organization requires you to change your password. " Well he enters something for a password to be used and it says that it does not match his password. Like it is inferring that you have to put the old password in before you can put a new password in. He has tried old passwords that he might have used before changing to a pin, but none work. Since he has had this computer for several years and never had this message requiring a password change, it seems odd. It will not let him past this point, so he cannot use his computer. Any ideas on how to solve this?

:)

iwork2ski, Nov 27, 2020

2. Unable to login using The login PIN

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the pin and check fi it helps.

• In the login page next to “PIN password option”.
    • You will find “Other sign in options”, click on it will prompt you for regular password.
    • Enter regular password and login to the computer.
    • I suggest you to click on the Start Menu
      and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Under the “PIN tab” click on “ADD” option.
    • It will prompt you for current pin password and new password, please provide
      new password then apply the changes, restart
      the computer and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 27, 2020
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Unable to login to Windows 10 because required password change even though I use a Pin

Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Unable to login to Windows 10 because required password change even though I use a Pin

1. Unable to login to Windows 10 because required password change even though I use a Pin - Similar Threads - Unable login required

2. WIN10, Login PIN only unable to reset, or use password requires A1B2C3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN10, Login PIN only unable to reset, or use password requires A1B2C3: Dear reader, I have a Windows 10 PRO build, where I am unable to login with since July.Might have been after an update, that it switched to PIN only it is not my laptop, helping out a friend.- Login screen requires only PIN, there is NO option for reset pin or switch to...
  3. WIN10, Login PIN only unable to reset, or use password requires A1B2C3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIN10, Login PIN only unable to reset, or use password requires A1B2C3: Dear reader, I have a Windows 10 PRO build, where I am unable to login with since July.Might have been after an update, that it switched to PIN only it is not my laptop, helping out a friend.- Login screen requires only PIN, there is NO option for reset pin or switch to...
  4. WIN10, Login PIN only unable to reset, or use password requires A1B2C3

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Unable to log into Microsoft Store or Xbox app because incorrect password even though it is...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to log into Microsoft Store or Xbox app because incorrect password even though it is...: Here is a video that better visualizes my issue. My problem is basically explained in the title. I will answer more specific questions in the comments....
  6. Unable to disable Password/Pin required to login on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to disable Password/Pin required to login on Windows 10: In the past I have been able to login to my computer automatically without needing to enter my account password or the pin. However after re-installing windows 10 pro recently I am now unable to do this. I can see the instructions like in the following thread:...
  7. Login Password known but unable to change PIN

Login Password known but unable to change PIN: Hi, I used to login to my laptop via Windows 10 with a fingerprint, but had to disable that to let another user use my laptop. I have a password, so can get into my laptop that way, but want to change my PIN - as I can't remember it - but it asks me for my original PIN not...
  8. Unable to login or change password Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to login or change password Windows 10: Hi, After a recent system update, my PC no longer accepts my password at login. When I try using the forgot my password button I get the error message "Windows couldn't connect to the ProfSvc service. Contact your system administrator." I am the system admin. When I tried...
  9. Unexpected required password / pin change

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unexpected required password / pin change: A little while ago, a family member was unable to log in to her laptop with Windows 10. She has had the password and used it many times. This time, she was prompted to reset her password, which was verified in an email seemingly from MS. Then she was prompted to create a...
  10. Not able to Login even though using the correct password to login in My Laptop

Not able to Login even though using the correct password to login in My Laptop: I am using my Microsoft account to login into my laptop and when i am trying to login using password , it prompts as incorrect password.Actually it is the correct password and i am using the same for my email account. Please let me know what is the issue....