Windows 10: Unable to login to Windows 10 because there are no profiles available for selection

Discus and support Unable to login to Windows 10 because there are no profiles available for selection in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Greetings, I am currently unable to login to any of my Windows 10 profiles. Replication steps: turn on PC, arrive at logon screen, attempt to CTRL+... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by mortokr, Mar 4, 2020.

1. mortokr Win User

Unable to login to Windows 10 because there are no profiles available for selection

Greetings,

I am currently unable to login to any of my Windows 10 profiles.

Replication steps: turn on PC, arrive at logon screen, attempt to CTRL+ ALT + Del or mouse click to bring up user profiles. Once either of those actions are performed the time on the logon screen goes away. Only the 3 icons at the bottom right are available for selection for a few moments until the regular time appears again on screen.

If I put the PC into safe mode I can login and all of my files are available.

I have tried the start up repair,

ran a system restore,

turning off selective boot,

turning off a fuzzy background type setting in the registry

enabled the credential manager to start automatically..

None of these things have helped.

It's almost like when I try to engage with the screen it is acting like it is bringing up the login window but it is not.

Is there something that will fix this quickly or am I looking at an Operating system re-install?

:)

mortokr, Mar 4, 2020
  2. seth350 Win User

Help Selecting Upgrade Please

Thanks for the suggestion. All of the specs are listed in my profile.
    PSU is 330W

seth350, Mar 4, 2020
  3. Windows 10 temporary profile error?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are facing issue in editing some settings from a temporary profile. You need to login to your original (Administrator) profile to change those settings.

I would suggest you to change the account type to administrator, if it is not and see if it helps. Try the steps provided below to change the account type.

• Login with the temporary profile.
    • Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel from the list.
    • Select Large icons from the view by drop down menu.
    • Click on User Accounts.
    • Click on Change Account type.
    • Select Administrator radio button and click OK.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Mar 4, 2020
  4. Unable to login to Windows 10 because there are no profiles available for selection

Unable to log-in to computer with error: "The User Profile Service failed login, User profile cannot be loaded" on Windows 10

Hi Ellen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with the user accounts on Windows 10.

Do let us know the type of user account this issue is confined with?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted user profile,
    User Profile Service or Group Policy Client service stopped working, or Antivirus software conflicts.

Method 1: I suggest you enter into safe mode and enable built-in administrator and check with the status of User profile service.

Step 1: Start computer in safe mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings
    • Here select Change pc settings and then General.
    • Scroll down to Advanced startup, click Restart now.
    • Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open Command Prompt.
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)
     4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.  

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done. 

Method 2: Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start
      the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

if the issue still persists,

Method 3: From Built-in admin account, try to create a new user account (Local account) and check access the computer

You will have to create those local accounts on Windows 10 and provide the corresponding administrative privileges.

Refer to: Create a local user account in Windows 10

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

Unable to login to Windows 10 because there are no profiles available for selection

1. Unable to login to Windows 10 because there are no profiles available for selection - Similar Threads - Unable login are

2. Windows 10 User profile login not available

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 User profile login not available: The Dell Inspiron running Windows 10 Home, has two user profiles on it. My user profile is able to be signed into, the 2nd user that I can see within Control Panel is not an option for Sign-on or Switch To user. My User profile and the other were accessible by a 4 digit pin...
  3. Windows 10 User profile login not available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 User profile login not available: The Dell Inspiron running Windows 10 Home, has two user profiles on it. My user profile is able to be signed into, the 2nd user that I can see within Control Panel is not an option for Sign-on or Switch To user. My User profile and the other were accessible by a 4 digit pin...
  4. Windows 10 User profile login not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I can't login because it says PIN not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't login because it says PIN not available: I went through the whole thing of logging in and having to try three freaking times to get a code texted to me, only to get to the part where it told me to come up with a new pin. I don't want a new pin. After clicking that I didn't want to reset my PIN, it let me in anyway....
  6. I can't login because it says PIN not available

I can't login because it says PIN not available: I went through the whole thing of logging in and having to try three freaking times to get a code texted to me, only to get to the part where it told me to come up with a new pin. I don't want a new pin. After clicking that I didn't want to reset my PIN, it let me in anyway....
  7. User profile unable to load after login

User profile unable to load after login: I cannot enter through my system, when I try to login and it gives me an error "the user profile service failed to sign in, user profile cannot be loaded".I need some fix with this. Thanks....
  8. Login problem - unable to select another user

Login problem - unable to select another user: I discovered a problem with login - only one user always comes up to login and no other user is displayed new or existing. I have tried many things and unable to figure it out. One suggestion was based on using lusrmgr but on my pc it get an error saying this may not be...
  9. Unable to Select Login using Space Key

Unable to Select Login using Space Key: when switched on ......normally double tap space bar to get to pin number screen, this is not working, i have to click a microsoft tile to open ?? [Original Title: log in]...
  10. Unable to Login to Profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to Login to Profile: When I first power on my computer for the past week, the initial login fails. I get a "user profile cannot be loaded" error. I'm given the option to dismiss or sign out. I can sign out and then login normally without difficulty. Any thoughts what might be going on? 95148