Windows 10: Unable to login to Windows Server 2019

Discus and support Unable to login to Windows Server 2019 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good afternoon, I have a home server running Server 2019. Recently after a restart, I'm unable to RDP or local log-in to my server desktop. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Barundus, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Barundus Win User

Unable to login to Windows Server 2019

Good afternoon,

I have a home server running Server 2019. Recently after a restart, I'm unable to RDP or local log-in to my server desktop. After boot when attempting to log in locally, I briefly see the Windows logo, and then the screen goes black. If I move the mouse, I can see a cursor with the spinning wheel, but it disappears after a second or two of. If I move the mouse again, the cursor reappears. The login screen never appears, and the screen otherwise remains black.

I am unable to use CTL-ALT-DEL to reboot (must use the power button), and it never progresses beyond the black screen.

When I attempt to remote login via Remote Desktop, it appears to authenticate, then fails and returns to the login dialogue which states "Your Remote Desktop Services session has ended..."

When I browse my network from a client computer, my shares are still visible and accessible, so the server is in fact running.

I have attempted booting to Safe Mode, with same result.

I have attempted a system repair and system restore, which fail after briefly "gathering data".

The operating system is installed on an SSD drive, and storage is on three drives in RAID 5.

I am hesitant to perform a clean install for fear of corrupting the RAID and ending up unable to access my data.

Is there any way to log in to the desktop and preserve my data?

Thanks

:)

Barundus, Dec 12, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Dec 12, 2019
  3. Ashraf155 Win User
    Upgrade Step for Windows AD Server to Windows Server 2019

Hi all,

I need your help as my situation below,

Primary server:

Windows 2008 R2 Standard (Master)

AD CS

AD DS

DNS

Secondary Server:

Windows 2012 R2 Standard

AD CS

AD DS

DNS

Replication AD only from Primary to Secondary server.

We have bought Windows Server 2019 Standard for two and we plan to upgrade both server,

I have found lots of step to upgrade AD server for easy ways by adding the bootable Windows iso media and run adprep /forestprep.

But I am worry If some thing else messup the configuration and AD itself.

My Plan,

1: Upgrade windows 2012 to Windows 2019

2: After all done, I will start upgrade Windows 2008 R2 to Windows 2012 R2

3. An then start to Upgrade to Windows 2019

Question : Any step or prerequisite before i start upgrading ? (for example, AD might not working during installation or etc)

Thanks

Ashraf

Ashraf155, Dec 12, 2019
  4. Unable to login to Windows Server 2019

Unable to connect to Google servers

There are cases that web content are blocked due to proxy server settings. We suggest that you remove the check mark on the the proxy server box, follow the steps below:

• Type Internet Options in the Ask me anything bar.
    • Click on Connections tab.
    • Click on LAN settings.
    • Remove check in Proxy server box.
    Once done, access your Google apps and check if issue persist.

Send your post to keep us updated on how the steps goes.

Darwin Dim, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

Unable to login to Windows Server 2019

1. Unable to login to Windows Server 2019 - Similar Threads - Unable login Server

2. Unable to activate windows server 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to activate windows server 2019: I have a new install of Windows Server 2019 that will not allow me to activate windows. I also cannot open any of the UI tools for activation or entering the product key but I get no error message.The error code I get is 0x80072F8F or sometimes 0x87E10BC6Things I have...
  3. Unable to activate windows server 2019

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to activate windows server 2019: I have a new install of Windows Server 2019 that will not allow me to activate windows. I also cannot open any of the UI tools for activation or entering the product key but I get no error message.The error code I get is 0x80072F8F or sometimes 0x87E10BC6Things I have...
  4. Windows server 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows server 2019: I have a Key to activate Windows Server 2019. Currently on the PC I have Windows Server 2019 Evaluation with GUI installed. When I try to activate it through the activation tab I get the error code 0x80070032 returned. I can provide more information if needed, i am also...
  5. Server 2019 login help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Server 2019 login help: I am having some issues with a server 2019 hosting exchange server 2019. The issue is logging into the 2019 server and should have nothing to do with the exchanges themselves since we can still manage them using ECP, and they seem to be working fine.I am hoping someone here...
  6. Server 2019 login help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Server 2019 login help: I am having some issues with a server 2019 hosting exchange server 2019. The issue is logging into the 2019 server and should have nothing to do with the exchanges themselves since we can still manage them using ECP, and they seem to be working fine.I am hoping someone here...
  7. Windows Server 2019 displays Tablet login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Server 2019 displays Tablet login: My Windows Server 2019 displays Tablet login on the main server screen and I want to disable it permanently.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-server-2019-displays-tablet-login/2607ebd4-ce9f-4bda-af16-f39457ca4dab
  8. unable to Activate Windows Server Datacenter 2019

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    unable to Activate Windows Server Datacenter 2019: HIi I'm using an Windows server 2019 in a VM machine which is managed by a Hyper V It is already running an Windows server 2019 Datacer Activated in a machine physically installed I tried to run this command "slmgr -rearm" on Power Sheel Prompt and I got this message...
  9. Windows Server 2019

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Server 2019: Hello, I have a question to the new Windows Server 2019. Is it possible to divide a windows host server for performance sharing? With multiple users working on it at the same time. As an example, that multiple users can play simultaneously on this server? Thus, only the...
  10. Windows Server 2019

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Server 2019: My family is using Windows 2016 Essentials. What is our upgrade path to Windows 2019 Server? Our server has 2 cores. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-server-2019/e0e655e0-af27-4955-86f2-32f015eb0fff