Windows 10: Unable to login to windows with Microsoft account. Says incorrect password, so I reset it...

Discus and support Unable to login to windows with Microsoft account. Says incorrect password, so I reset it... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I got a new laptop. In the settings, under 'Accounts' and then 'Your Info', I am trying to do the option that says "Sign in with a Microsoft account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bethenia Dixon, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Unable to login to windows with Microsoft account. Says incorrect password, so I reset it...

I got a new laptop. In the settings, under 'Accounts' and then 'Your Info', I am trying to do the option that says "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead". When I click that link, the login popup asks me to enter the email and then I press next. Then it asks for my password and I press next and it accepts it. But then it says "We'll need your current Windows password one last time". So, I enter my password again and this time it says it's incorrect. I know that it is not incorrect and I even just reset my password and tried my new one, but it still says incorrect.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Unable to login to windows with Microsoft account. Says incorrect password, so I reset it... b49aafee-a10b-414a-a663-ea233a322c45?upload=true.png

:)

Bethenia Dixon, Jul 9, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Jul 9, 2020
  3. Password Reset and Login

Hi,

I forgot my password to login on my laptop - so I reset my MS account password on another PC, but I am still locked out of my laptop saying the password is incorrect. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

KatieMorrison1, Jul 9, 2020
  4. RH1116 Win User

Unable to login to windows with Microsoft account. Says incorrect password, so I reset it...

Unable to login due to "incorrect password"

I am unable to login to Windows on my Dell PC. It says I am entering the incorrect password, although I know it has not changed since I started using the computer. I do not have a Microsoft account setup (so I am trying to login locally) nor did I create
    a password reset disk. There is also only one account so it is also the administrator account.

I have tried logging in through safe mode and Automatic Repair through Troubleshoot (sometimes after entering the password, it said welcome and seemed like it was logging in but then gave me Incorrect Password).

I am almost certain that this started after an update- I did not log off/ shut down my computer the night before and when I tried to use it in the morning it asked me to login (I'm guessing it restarted after an update).

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

RH1116, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

Unable to login to windows with Microsoft account. Says incorrect password, so I reset it...

1. Unable to login to windows with Microsoft account. Says incorrect password, so I reset it... - Similar Threads - Unable login Microsoft

2. I can't login into my account in Windows and it says incorrect password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't login into my account in Windows and it says incorrect password.: After sudden performance issues I restarted my pc and it showed the Blue Screen and after it got fixed I was asked to sign into my Microsoft account not in the normal screen but in a different UI. When I entered my password it says it is incorrect though it is correct Pls...
  3. I can't login into my account in Windows and it says incorrect password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't login into my account in Windows and it says incorrect password.: After sudden performance issues I restarted my pc and it showed the Blue Screen and after it got fixed I was asked to sign into my Microsoft account not in the normal screen but in a different UI. When I entered my password it says it is incorrect though it is correct Pls...
  4. I can't login into my account in Windows and it says incorrect password.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 asks for password reset on Local Account but says incorrect password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 asks for password reset on Local Account but says incorrect password: Two local accounts on Windows 10 laptop. One has a password to login and the other doesn't. Now when you try to sign into the first one it asks you to change your password after you input your old password. When I attempt to change the password it says incorrect password or...
  6. Windows 10 asks for password reset on Local Account but says incorrect password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 asks for password reset on Local Account but says incorrect password: Two local accounts on Windows 10 laptop. One has a password to login and the other doesn't. Now when you try to sign into the first one it asks you to change your password after you input your old password. When I attempt to change the password it says incorrect password or...
  7. Microsoft Account login password incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account login password incorrect: I am setting up a laptop i got for christmas, and I am setting up my user account I'm the only account on the laptop. But when i try to configure my settings I get the message - 'Next time you sign in to this computer, use your Microsoft account password'When I enter the...
  8. Microsoft Account login password incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Account login password incorrect: I am setting up a laptop i got for christmas, and I am setting up my user account I'm the only account on the laptop. But when i try to configure my settings I get the message - 'Next time you sign in to this computer, use your Microsoft account password'When I enter the...
  9. Microsoft Account unable to login or reset password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Account unable to login or reset password: Have a MS account which email was no longer correct. But was able to login to PC using a PIN. I may have created another MS Account with the correct email but PC will not let me log into the new account. The login screen keeps prompting old MS account. Tried to reset...
  10. Unable to login to PC account. Password Incorrect

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to login to PC account. Password Incorrect: Long story. When I converted my W7 system to W10 I used an MS account from when I had an MSDN subscription and I was using for Skype, however, I caught out when using the system builds with windows trying to send an email to the address which was no longer valid....