Windows 10: Unable to login to xbox live from minesweeper

Discus and support Unable to login to xbox live from minesweeper in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For two days now, minesweeper has failed to start up, with the message "You must log in with the account that downloaded the game". Nothing has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Akordia, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Akordia Win User

Unable to login to xbox live from minesweeper

For two days now, minesweeper has failed to start up, with the message "You must log in with the account that downloaded the game". Nothing has been changed at my end since I last successfully played, and I have followed the instructions about making sure I am logged in with the correct account (I only have one account). and have even, as suggested, uninstalled and redownloaded the game from the store, but I am still unable to use the app.

Any suggestions?

Oh, and as an extra bonus, if I click on the Support link on the about screen, I get a 503 service not available error.

Thanks in anticipation.

:)

Akordia, Nov 29, 2018

2. Unable to log in to Microsoft account in Minesweeper on Windows 10

I upgraded a virtual machine from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Everything seems to work okay, except I'm unable to log into Minesweeper using my Microsoft account.

When I try it tells me "To use this app, you need to log in with the Microsoft account that was used to download it. Go to the Windows Store, select Settings, Accounts and Preferences, then sign in with the purchasing account. If this doesn't help uninstall and reinstall the app at the Windows Store."

I only have the one Microsoft account. The same one that I used to download the app, and the same one that I log into Xbox Live with.

I tried logging out and back in. To Windows. To the Store. To Xbox.

I tried removing the app and reinstalling it. More than once.

I installed Solitaire, logged in successfully and played a few games.

I even tried running Process Monitor to see if I could see where Minesweeper was retrieving the credentials that it was using to log in. As it only prompted me once and hasn't any subsequent time I open Minesweeper. I did not have much luck.

What am I missing?

Alistair McMillan, Nov 29, 2018
  3. Microsoft Minesweeper on Windows 10 doesn't log in

I am trying to play Microsoft Minesweeper on Windows 10. However, I am unable to log in to XBox Live in that game. It says "Sorry, can't sign you in. Please sign in at Xbox.com and start this app again".

I tried doing that and it doesn't work. For the record, other games, such as Solitaire are working fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

GenericTagName, Nov 29, 2018
  4. Unable to login to xbox live from minesweeper

Unable to purchase Xbox Live Gold

To resolve your concern, you can follow the steps on the suggested methods below:

Method 1. Power cycle your Xbox One console.

You can reset, perform a full power cycle, or physically disconnect your Xbox One console to reboot it completely and fix many common issues. This process does not erase any of your games or data.

Here are the steps:

• Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.

• Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds. Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

• Plug the console power cable back in.

• Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

Method 2. Clear the storage cache on the console.

Here are the steps:

• Press the menu key on the controller.

• Go to Settings, and then select Disc & Blu-Ray.

• In the Blu-Ray section select Persistent Storage.

• Select Clear persistent storage.

Method 3. Clear Mac address.

• Here are the steps:

• Scroll left on the Home screen to open the guide.

• Select Settings.

• Select All Settings.

• Select Network.

• Select Network settings.

• Select Advance settings.

• Select Alternate MAC address.

• Select Clear.

Method 4. Run the Network Connection Test on your console.

• Scroll left from Home to open the guide.
    • Select Settings.
    • Select All Settings.
    • Select Network.
    • Select Network settings. Any known outages will appear in the middle of the screen.
    • On the right side of the Network settings screen, select Test network connection.

If the connection test is successful, try to purchase the membership or subscribe to Xbox Live again.

Let us know how it goes.

Loraine Mon, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

Unable to login to xbox live from minesweeper

1. Unable to login to xbox live from minesweeper - Similar Threads - Unable login xbox

2. XBOX Live on PC - can't login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX Live on PC - can't login: Hello, my son has had a xbox live account on his PC for a month now and never had any issues until recently. Now when he attempts to login to his account he gets the following prompts: Because you're accessing sensitive info, we'll send a code to *** Email address is removed...
  3. XBOX Live on PC - can't login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XBOX Live on PC - can't login: Hello, my son has had a xbox live account on his PC for a month now and never had any issues until recently. Now when he attempts to login to his account he gets the following prompts: Because you're accessing sensitive info, we'll send a code to *** Email address is removed...
  4. Xbox Live Multiplayer is unable to qualify

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Xbox Live Multiplayer is unable to qualify: This is what happens when I type "netsh interface teredo show state" into CMD C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh interface teredo show state Teredo Parameters --------------------------------------------- Type : client Group Policy Server Name :...
  5. Unable to login into xbox live in windows 10 due to crashing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to login into xbox live in windows 10 due to crashing: I have been having a problem for the past couple weeks where I am unable to log in to my Microsoft account in the windows store or any games I have purchased from it. When I try to log in, I am greeted with the option to add an account. I opt to add an account, as I...
  6. Unable to sign into xbox live

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign into xbox live: I want to play Minecraft, but every time I start it up, it cant sign in. I have a VPN, but I disable it before starting Minecraft. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-sign-into-xbox-live/b2b955d3-7eae-428f-941c-1aa6d49e48f6
  7. Xbox Live PC cannot login

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox Live PC cannot login: Downloaded Forza Horizon 4 Demo from MS Store to try it before buying gamepass, but it said I was not loged in. Confused I downloaded the xbox live app to sign in, but when I click on the sign in button, a blank windows just pops up and disappears, tried to run Forza again...
  8. Unable to connect to Xbox Live servers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to connect to Xbox Live servers: This don't allow me to play any Xbox game on Windows 10. I have the last version of Windows. In the settings, I see those messages: Teredo is unable to qualify and Server connectivity blocked. I also tried all the steps that Microsoft recommend and tried the Fix it button...
  9. Minesweeper and Sudoku unable to sign into Xbox.

Minesweeper and Sudoku unable to sign into Xbox.: With these two apps, I get the message: "Sorry, we can't sign you in. Please sign in at Xbox.com, then start this app again." And having done that, it still refuses to work. I have a tab opened of me signed into Xbox.com, I have the Xbox (companion?) app opened and signed...
  10. Xbox live login failure

Xbox live login failure: Cannot login to Xbox live, message " can not log into xbox live at the moment". has only happened since April 2019 Win 10 update, two day ago. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-live-login-failure/af7ae182-d469-4f22-abf5-f2248c845db6

Users found this page by searching for:

1. To use this app you need to log in with the Microsoft account that was used to download it

2. cant log in to minesweeper

3. microsoft minesweeper xbox sign in failed