Windows 10: Unable to login using Windows Hello!

Discus and support Unable to login using Windows Hello! in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, When I purchased my HP Z Book Studio G5, I was able to login using either my fingerprint or my face. But after sometime, I think after some... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Aboammar1969, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Unable to login using Windows Hello!

Hi,

When I purchased my HP Z Book Studio G5, I was able to login using either my fingerprint or my face. But after sometime, I think after some Windows update both features stopped working soWindows Hello Face or Windows Hello Fingerprint does not show up anymore during Windows login.

Please see screenshot for the Windows login window here: https://i.postimg.cc/jS6YMSbn/FG-2.jpg

When I check the Sign-in Options, I can see that both options are available and configured correctly. See screenshot here: https://i.postimg.cc/MGc4hZkY/Fingerprint-1.png

Windows Hello still work with my Windows applications that support it such as my password manager, however it does not appear anymore during the Windows log-in! I tried everything I know and I could not manage to solve this problem!

Any idea how to fix this?

:)

Aboammar1969, Oct 11, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Oct 11, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Windows Hello Fingerprint issue

Hi Rajesh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are unable to use Windows Hello Fingerprint to sign in to Windows. It would be great if you can reply with the details requested below:

• When you say, “I am not getting the option to log-in into windows using fingerprint.” What login options do you see on the login screen?
    • What happens when you try to use the Windows Hello Fingerprint scanner to login to Windows?
    • Were you able to use the Windows Hello Fingerprint to login to Windows earlier?

Ideally, on the login screen, you will see Sign-in options that allows you to use different sign-in methods to login to Windows.

As you have mentioned that you are able to use the Fingerprint scanner on websites, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. On the login screen, click on Sign-in options.
    2. Click on the Fingerprint icon, scan the Fingerprint, and see if you are able to sign in.

Refer the screenshot below:

Unable to login using Windows Hello! fc087693-5104-47d8-960f-4d6097885918?upload=true.jpg

If the issue persists, try removing the Fingerprint and add it again. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Accounts and click on
      Sign-in options
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, click on Windows Hello Fingerprint and click on
      Remove.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to remove the Fingerprint.
    5. Once done, click on Set up and follow the on-screen instructions to add the Fingerprint.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 11, 2020
  4. Unable to login using Windows Hello!

WINDOWS HELLO LOGIN

Tried your suggestions to repair windows hello. steps one and two did not work.
    enhanced anti-spoofing feature was already disabled. Step 3 not able to find hello, webcam. and fingerprint drivers in device manager, even after enabling hidden devices. Thanks

PaulBrian1, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

Unable to login using Windows Hello!

1. Unable to login using Windows Hello! - Similar Threads - Unable login using

2. Login using only the options from windows hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login using only the options from windows hello: Hello!I wonder if there are any options to force the user to only use windows hello.As of now I have configured windows Hello without issues but since the user can use the normal login its possible to bypass window hello completely.Im trying to set up multifactor login for a...
  3. Login using only the options from windows hello

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login using only the options from windows hello: Hello!I wonder if there are any options to force the user to only use windows hello.As of now I have configured windows Hello without issues but since the user can use the normal login its possible to bypass window hello completely.Im trying to set up multifactor login for a...
  4. Login using only the options from windows hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Unable to use Windows Hello Fingerprint

Unable to use Windows Hello Fingerprint: Hi, I use Windows Hello Fingerprint to log into my laptop. Recently, whenever I put my finger on the scanner, it would say "Your PIN is required to sign in." I did some digging on the internet, and one source said that I should set Credential Manager vaultsvc to automatic....
  6. unable to login to Microsoft sites using windows hello PIN

unable to login to Microsoft sites using windows hello PIN: I know this is probably not the correct forum for this, but I was unable to find a more appropriate forum for this issue. I am trying to log into my Microsoft account to leave a comment on a Microsoft page, but for whatever reason, it is failing. My account is predates...
  7. Unable to login using Windows Hello Face

Unable to login using Windows Hello Face: My Windows hello facial recognition stopped working a few days ago. I removed it and tried to redo it and this is the message I got. Sorry, something went wrong. It looks like you've already set up Windows Hello on another account. Remove face recognition from your other...
  8. Unable to use Windows Hello feature to sign in

Unable to use Windows Hello feature to sign in: I'm not sure why I cannot use my fingerprint or my face as a secure way to unlock my laptop. My laptop is ASUS VivoBook. ***Original title: sign in options***...
  9. Unable to use Windows Hello Fingerprint

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to use Windows Hello Fingerprint: I am unable to use windows hello fingerprint after installing my new windows 10. I have checked every options and contacted to Microsoft support as well. It was working fine for couple of days after installing the Windows 10. See below for error code. [ATTACH]...
  10. Unable to use Windows Hello on Domain account

Unable to use Windows Hello on Domain account: Windows Hello not working under domain account. I have tried the guide below but no luck. Kindly share if any solution available for this issue. https://www.surfacetablethelp.com/2018/04/cannot-enable-windows-hello-on-domain-joined-pc-with-windows-10-1709.html OS: Windows...